Week 6 - Game Day Thread - Stumps @ CHAMPS!!

JCon

It’s true the stats ain’t up to date on the scoreboard during the game. seemed like an entire 3rd quarter BLM didn’t complete a pass. The scoreboard stat said 11 completions. Just thought it was busted. Turns out it must have been up to date because the end result was only 12 caught balls for Calgary. It seems unheard of. 

Are there any DB”s that can cover agodusi? What a performance. 

16 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Well CoFaj can hit the uprights better than Zac and BLM combined.

I'm sorry but the Riders haven't shown anything to be scary this year outside of their defense playing well. They'll give us a good go in their barn but Mosaic ain't the mad house at IG Field. We beat the wheels off them last year and I'd expect the same.

5 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Good lord do we need an RB and a kicker. Gutsy win but geeze. 

How do we not go for two when we’re up by 7? A two point conversion and a two score games significantly increases our probability of winning. Then we miss the convert anyways. Just insanity. 

Kicker is fine, but the run game is a total mess. I don't know enough to know enough, whether it's the OL, the RBs, the OC or what.... But it's a mess. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Kicker is fine, but the run game is a total mess. I don't know enough to know enough, whether it's the OL, the RBs, the OC or what.... But it's a mess. 

OL can't seem to block. Looks like our boys are banged up. Brady Oliveira goes down on the first tackle. No speed or explosion thru the hole when there is one. Augustine should be playing. He's faster & more explosive & makes defenders miss. Platooning never works. The Bombers would be better served to start & play Augustine & see how he does with more reps. 

3 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Rider fans think they can take us and Calgary lol yet they can’t take care of Montreal in back to back weeks 

Hopefully they get the cross over and we get to beat them again at home. This time in the GC Lol. 

Edited by Blue and Gold87

I watched the game late....   are we concerned about kicking yet (again) ?    

Fans were great but a bit embarrassing when we were pinned deep in our own end and the fans are screaming Lets go Bombers while the receivers are waving to the fans to quiet it down.    

Oliveira I can't fully fault him but yikes unless he has a hole to hit... dude really can't slip the first guy at all.   At this point roll with Augustine and maybe bring back Borsa and sit Brady for a while for him to learn the game more?

Zach is insane... without question best QB in the league and without him we don't win.   

Jefferson and Jeffcoat looked alive again tonight both guys are beasts. 

Points somewhat flattered Calgary... I thought we deserved this one and the right team won. 

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Fans were great but a bit embarrassing when we were pinned deep in our own end and the fans are screaming Lets go Bombers while the receivers are waving to the fans to quiet it down.    

Chalk it up to getting a big crowd including a lot of fair weather fans. I hate that they always try to start a wave when we are on offence too. Thankfully it didn’t go anywhere tonight.

It was nice seeing almost 30,000 people out tonight though. The stadium was rocking, especially on that last drive by Calgary.

Edited by Blue_Dragoon

That online is all banged up...amazing they did what they could to power through....that being said it has to be 100 percent Johnny time now...he needs 2 games as the legit number 1 to see what the run game does...then if still poor ..u go a Kadeem Carey type import...it's not the online...if Sask can get a run game going with that pile of crap then it's obvious it's the back...that being said the riderfans claims they would take CGy and wpg is so funny....I have a hard time seeing them scoring a TD on us..

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

It's the endzone tools, who are drunk. Then, you get the fans who don't know any better chanting too. Didn't get as bad this time but , geez guys, shut the hell up! Totally embarrassing. 

The Brady experiment should be over now, right? Kid can't find a hole to run through. 

I dont understand the people who want borsa back lol. He did nothing in preseason, except beat 3rd/4th stringers. It should be Augustines show now, hopefully he's not too banged up. But pretending like Borsa is some how a solution is just weird.

Also if we're making any switch on O....it needs to be Gray. He whiffed on a few blocks that directly lead to tackles in the back field. Hard to do anything when you're getting hit as soon as you get the ball.

I rewatched the game when I got home. Glad there was no suitor...and I like Dustin Neilson...buuuut am I the only one who hears the "who do you think you are...I am!" Bowling guy every time Dustin gets excited? I can't unhear it lol.

Edited by Bigblue204

The demise of CGY was way premature....they are a really good team...their defense is no joke...and they have weapons on offence...if BLM stays healthy they are a tough team.

Last night was undisputed who the 2 top teams are and by a large margin...I can't see who can hang with them...mayyybee BC...

And to think...we will get 5 top end starters back at some point...and most likely an NFL returnee...or 2...that's gotta scare the crap outta teams

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

OL can't seem to block. Looks like our boys are banged up. Brady Oliveira goes down on the first tackle. No speed or explosion thru the hole when there is one. Augustine should be playing. He's faster & more explosive & makes defenders miss. Platooning never works. The Bombers would be better served to start & play Augustine & see how he does with more reps. 

I think/hope you meant Augustine.

I believe the issue is with our O'line

3 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I think/hope you meant Augustine.

I believe the issue is with our O'line

No, our oline was fine. Brady was terrible last night. 

Johnny found some holes. Brady just hit numbers, then goes sideways, then he's down.  

1 minute ago, JCon said:

No, our oline was fine. Brady was terrible last night. 

Johnny found some holes. Brady just hit numbers, then goes sideways, then he's down.  

Just reading " Do or Die's" thread. He's talking about Neufeld and Gray on the o'line as being the issue for the running game. And from what I saw last night, Dobson is completely lost out there. Maybe he's better inside at guard, but man he wasn't good as a tight end.

Right now our ol is not capable of running the tight zone scheme we’ve dominated with for several years. Kola and neuf right now are not quick or mobile enough. If we run any one through a gap power or tight zone etc they are gonna get smashed. Could be the best power back in history in their prime and they aren’t beating two and three tackles in the back field or at the line. 
 Brady isn’t quick enough to run reliably off tackle. And Augustine isn’t power full enough to run that inside stuff and break one tackle. 

atleast until our ol is healthy/fixed we need adjustments. The good news is we’ve been seeing more and more of them. We saw Augustine run 0 power which is targeted at the tackle 2 or 3 times to good effect.  We saw him run out side zone a couple times in the last couple weeks to moderate effect. 
 Mid zone and wide zone would be good to take advantage of Augustine’s ability to cut and explode as well as win the race to the edge. Counter would be good and maybe even a true wildcat with a direct snap to Augustine and a flip option to grant. 

grant should get more touches as he’s probably our toughest guy to tackle as well as being dynamic and a north south runner. 

It looks to me like buck is slowly working these changes in and that as the season goes we will see the offense shift. The ol has been here forever and it takes time to build high quality execution in new schemes. 

that will fix the second and long issues. I’m not sold on Augustine in pass pro he makes a lot of mistakes still. But physically he is capable and we will only see if he can improve with reps. 

this isn’t the Harris era any more. We don’t have a back who can do it all at an elite level. And worse yet we don’t have an elite ol either.  We should look at bringing in imp balanced / power backs incase the ni system fails mid season.  It’d be pretty easy to find an imp rb who can pass block break tackles in the cfl and get the edge In a foot race.  

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I dont understand the people who want borsa back lol. He did nothing in preseason, except beat 3rd/4th stringers. It should be Augustines show now, hopefully he's not too banged up. But pretending like Borsa is some how a solution is just weird.

Also if we're making any switch on O....it needs to be Gray. He whiffed on a few blocks that directly lead to tackles in the back field. Hard to do anything when you're getting hit as soon as you get the ball.

I rewatched the game when I got home. Glad there was no suitor...and I like Dustin Neilson...buuuut am I the only one who hears the "who do you think you are...I am!" Bowling guy every time Dustin gets excited? I can't unhear it lol.

Depth. He also played with a 4th string ol at best. Strong explosive ni rbs aren’t easy to find. And at this point we are thin when it comes to starting ni flexibility. What do you do if One ni rb goes down and ba is healthy? 

2 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Just reading " Do or Die's" thread. He's talking about Neufeld and Gray on the o'line as being the issue for the running game. And from what I saw last night, Dobson is completely lost out there. Maybe he's better inside at guard, but man he wasn't good as a tight end.

he isn’t a tackle. He’s 100% an interior ol. Why we insist on using him at te is beyond me. Last year we moved Eli inside to guard and slide Bryant down to te. The whole inside of the ol isn’t good enough. Kola is slow and snaps inconsistent. He’s not a starters c in the cfl. 

That's the issue...we are running and scheming things with BO as we did for AH...and he's not AH....so it's not working...we have to adjust that and do some different things...and it will open up..and I sure we will..we are starting to see it slowly happen...very slowly albeit....JA has had success as he is running mostly what works for him...with a few archived AH runs...but we need to move on from that..

The online ..also is used to what AH did for 5 yrs...so there will be an adjustment....we are 6 and 0..have 12 games to get it right....and I am sure we will