2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

But you gotta think they're pretty committed to VAJ at this point, after making their big move a month ago..... not sure they're going to cut bait already. 

For sure a gamble and I would agree with you if it wasn’t for that last game. 
BC was atrocious. 

12 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think it will depend on how the season plays out. People crap on MBT, but his team is the 1st in the league to lock up a home playoff date (he is in the east...but still). If they make it to the GC, I'm not sure they'll be quick to move on from the guy. He's also the only QB to beat the greatest Defense in CFL history.

I can see OTT/MTL/SSK maybe Hamilton and EDM making a play for him, again depending on how the season plays out.

He was the first qb to lock up a home playoff ganme because the division the Argos plays in SUUUUUUUCKS!

11 hours ago, Booch said:

man....had almost forgot about Harris and his irrelevance now...had he stayed here and swallowed some pride....been happy with a rotational/situational guy, he'd likely still be playing....having a nice yr and in the thick of a 3rd straight cup and further cementing his place here in Bomber lore...and being very relevant...in an extremely relevant market....sad how it played out

He made his choice. 

8 hours ago, Tracker said:

1. Bo-Levi ain't goin' nowhere.

2. What to say about the Riders in general and Dickinson in particular? Dickinson can't even properly call out "his" team for crappy attitude and play, and as an encore, he can't even walk his comments back properly. Pathetic. And this was once a proud franchise. How have the mighty fallen!

/

'

Proud? More like perplexed wondering where all the Grey Cups they won in July went??? 

One thing I've noticed about the Bo Levi situation here in Calgary. He seems to have worn out his welcome here. Not many fans are sad to see the guy demoted to second string.

Same as when he got hurt in 2019 & Nick Arbuckle took over. Then last season with the broken leg & this season when Maier finally replaced Mitchell. Not many fans are saying, "Poor Bo". Or, "We're gonna miss him". I don't see very much sympathy directed towards the guy considering how much he's won.

I do get a sense that fans are excited for Jake Maier as he seems to be a quiet & likeable chap who lets his play on the field do the talking. There doesn't seem to be any attitude & arrogance from Maier. Unlike Bo, who needed to pump himself up by talking out of his ass half the time. Turns out, not a lot of friends outside of the team. I don't think he'll be missed if he leaves. Which is sad as Bo's been the starter here for nearly a decade. Not a lot of love in this city for the guy. I guess that's what arrogance & a big mouth will get you. It turns people off. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think it will depend on how the season plays out. People crap on MBT, but his team is the 1st in the league to lock up a home playoff date (he is in the east...but still). If they make it to the GC, I'm not sure they'll be quick to move on from the guy. He's also the only QB to beat the greatest Defense in CFL history.

I can see OTT/MTL/SSK maybe Hamilton and EDM making a play for him, again depending on how the season plays out.

Arbuckle was the Argos QB who beat us in 2021.

The Argos right now are DOMINANT on D and not a team I would want to face in the playoffs.  Especially their pass rush and secondary.  Their offense on its own struggles to put up 20 points.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The Argos right now are DOMINANT on D and not a team I would want to face in the playoffs.  Especially their pass rush and secondary.  Their offense on its own struggles to put up 20 points.

Agreed. The best example of an 'any given Sunday' team in the league right now.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He was the first qb to lock up a home playoff ganme because the division the Argos plays in SUUUUUUUCKS!

They are still a pretty decent team. But yeah, MBT throws for a million yards and scores 10 points. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

One thing I've noticed about the Bo Levi situation here in Calgary. He seems to have worn out his welcome here. Not many fans are sad to see the guy demoted to second string.

Same as when he got hurt in 2019 & Nick Arbuckle took over. Then last season with the broken leg & this season when Maier finally replaced Mitchell. Not many fans are saying, "Poor Bo". Or, "We're gonna miss him". I don't see very much sympathy directed towards the guy considering how much he's won.

I do get a sense that fans are excited for Jake Maier as he seems to be a quiet & likeable chap who lets his play on the field do the talking. There doesn't seem to be any attitude & arrogance from Maier. Unlike Bo, who needed to pump himself up by talking out of his ass half the time. Turns out, not a lot of friends outside of the team. I don't think he'll be missed if he leaves. Which is sad as Bo's been the starter here for nearly a decade. Not a lot of love in this city for the guy. I guess that's what arrogance & a big mouth will get you. It turns people off. 

I don't think BLM has worn out his welcome, and it seems pretty obvious as to why he is 2nd string. I am sure that a lot of Stamps fans still like him, and appreciate him, you just can't deny the obvious. BLM is not the same QB he used to be prior to his shoulder injury. I am sure that BLM being a ****** canoe made this transition much easier for them though...that and the fact that Maier is balling.

Make no mistake, even nice guys have little sympathy shown for them when their game goes South. I would expect that if Zach ever starts tossing up lame ducks, and wobblers with regularity there will be a good number of Bomber fans all too ready to run him out of town. Such is the life of a CFL QB.

Edited by GCn20

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

the thing I love best about the Riders **** show, is that it's EXACTLY what we all predicted would happen a couple years ago when Dickie took over that **** show and made Faj a starter. They fluked out some grace period, but everything we all thought was gonna happen is finally happening EXACTLY as predicted (though we could never have wished for this much fun...) 

The part I find funniest... is they were supposed to be loading up for a home Grey Cup this year... this was their idea of going "all in"... with THAT roster...

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

I never imagined we'd see BLM dealt THIS year, but man....that could have serious implications for the playoffs for someone. 

I don't see it happening this year... unless Edmonton offers up a good package... They won't potentially help a division rival in Sask or BC... Mtl and Tor are locks for the playoffs this year... and there's no reason for them to move on from MBT or Harris at this point... Hamilton has hitched their wagon to Evans for at least this year... Burke in Ottawa won't make any major trades before the offseason when he can consult with his new HC...

But Ottawa could be the Bo wildcard... if they bring in a coach from Calgary's staff (maybe Killam?)... maybe he would like to bring Bo over, or work in tandem with Masoli (not sure his contract situation) 

Edited by bearpants

45 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don't think BLM has worn out his welcome, and it seems pretty obvious as to why he is 2nd string. I am sure that a lot of Stamps fans still like him, and appreciate him, you just can't deny the obvious. BLM is not the same QB he used to be prior to his shoulder injury. I am sure that BLM being a ****** canoe made this transition much easier for them though...that and the fact that Maier is balling.

Make no mistake, even nice guys have little sympathy shown for them when their game goes South. I would expect that if Zach ever starts tossing up lame ducks, and wobblers with regularity there will be a good number of Bomber fans all too ready to run him out of town. Such is the life of a CFL QB.

And it does suck. These past couple of years should have been his prime, cementing a HoF career. And injuries have tossed that into the crapper.

But I agree, it's just an awareness that he physically can't do it anymore.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This sounds exactly like what was said about Collaros after he got hurt in Saskatchewan. 

That's fair. But I would argue, collaros had said multiple times he wasn't happy with the offensive scheme in SSK. Bo hasn't changed schemes or even teams.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Arbuckle was the Argos QB who beat us in 2021.

I stand corrected, you are right. MBT did get it done this year...the kicker not so much

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This sounds exactly like what was said about Collaros after he got hurt in Saskatchewan. 

I think the difference between the two is the BLM has a shoulder issue not a soft head issue. The problem Mitchell has is that he has lost a lot of the zip he used to have on the ball. 

Collaros was seen more as a one good hit and he needs a fat handled spoon to eat his jello for the rest of his life thing.

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Proud? More like perplexed wondering where all the Grey Cups they won in July went??? 

Happenstance controls games and seasons often but how a team responds to ups and downs is all about culture and dignity. What is going on in Regina these days reminds me a lot about the Roy Shivers-Danny Barrett regime, and that is NOT a compliment. It is an embarrassment to the team, fans and league.

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

MBT is crazy in the head and he will never scare me as a full time QB. The Argos might be okay, but as long as MBT is their QB, I'm not terrified of playing them at any time...

Theyve got a very good D though, ill give them that. They are the only eastern team that concerns me.

45 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Theyve got a very good D though, ill give them that. They are the only eastern team that concerns me.

Wynton McManis will be the nominee for MODP in the East this year and will probably win the award, he's been an absolute beast, continuing on what he established in Calgary.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

MBT is crazy in the head and he will never scare me as a full time QB. The Argos might be okay, but as long as MBT is their QB, I'm not terrified of playing them at any time...

Lots of guys are and have been nuts. Dunigan was through he was good crazy. Brady to lt to ditka lots of all time greats have been. 
 His ghosts of ancestors past crap is far more common crazy than you’d think. You just don’t often hear about it. 
 Especially long time phenoms from hs and college in small towns. The forced indoctrination and cultish religiosity goes hand in hand with football in the biggest hot beds down south. 

crazy people are capable of nearly any thing in short spurts. 

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Wynton McManis will be the nominee for MODP in the East this year and will probably win the award, he's been an absolute beast, continuing on what he established in Calgary.

Right now if he doesn’t win it, it’s robbery. 

6 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Nope not in my books, Zack can go the rest of his career throwing lame ducks and i would still never want him traded. Zack when the time comes will retire a Bomber and will always be a respected and honored QB who won us 2 Cups...and  counting?

19 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Nope not in my books, Zack can go the rest of his career throwing lame ducks and i would still never want him traded. Zack when the time comes will retire a Bomber and will always be a respected and honored QB who won us 2 Cups...and  counting?

and it's called throwing up a Faj....in lieu of lame duck...get it right! haha