2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

59 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Dickie boy in Regina next.....or do they clean house at the end of the year....I guess as long as the riders are still mathematically in it....they'll most likely stick with status quo on their fast sinking ship 

I was just thinking maybe Lapo ends up as OC in Sask as his wife is from Winnipeg and I can't see Maas there next year.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Dickie boy in Regina next.....or do they clean house at the end of the year....I guess as long as the riders are still mathematically in it....they'll most likely stick with status quo on their fast sinking ship 

Should be fired...just for that drop back hand off on third and short

Strangest call I've seen all season

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The “but Masoli” narrative for Ottawa/Lapo is some weak mental gymnastics.  When Masoli was injured they were about to go 0-4 in the midst of the 0-6 start.  Masoli didn’t win a single game for Ottawa.  Nothing to show us their record would be any different with Masoli.

I agree to an extent because I think more than anything their defense has been garbage. Any time their offense has done anything their defense gets torched.

But I dont think it's mental gymnastics to suggest Masoli would have won them more games. He is their starting QB and the entire team played harder with him in the lineup. They lost to us twice, BC once. All in close games. Then he got hurt.

A couple more wins probably wasn't going to save Lapo tho

Edited by BBlink

53 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What did Khari ever do to you?

Better than goveia leading a bomber exodus to crieder land. 

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Hopefully nobody tries to poach Buck or Younger in the off-season. 

it’s gonna be a pucker your butt off season till mos is back under contract. Lots of teams will be in the hunt for new coaches. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The “but Masoli” narrative for Ottawa/Lapo is some weak mental gymnastics.  When Masoli was injured they were about to go 0-4 in the midst of the 0-6 start.  Masoli didn’t win a single game for Ottawa.  Nothing to show us their record would be any different with Masoli.

They were a year away from being a good team. Instead of a good bad team. Masoli was never going to carry him and the rbs to a career saving season. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It’s gonna be a pucker your butt off season till mos is back under contract. Lots of teams will be in the hunt for new coaches 

Edm offered him a blank cheque to be HC/GM and run his own show entirely on his own with no oversight and he turned it down. I'm pretty confident he'll be back, along with Kyle, with some spiffy earned raises. The one I wonder about is Wade. He's said he doesn't want to be in that role forever, so I'm curious when he steps aside and who takes over. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Edm offered him a blank cheque to be HC/GM and run his own show entirely on his own with no oversight and he turned it down. I'm pretty confident he'll be back, along with Kyle, with some spiffy earned raises. The one I wonder about is Wade. He's said he doesn't want to be in that role forever, so I'm curious when he steps aside and who takes over. 

I don’t think edm is a threat. But still won’t be comfy till his name is on a contract. 
 I think the biggest risk will always be his old buddy pinball and the team he went to the hof with. 
 It’s also about teams poaching others like goveia younger etc. I don’t think any one will give Danny mac the quality of life work balance he gets here I don’t as much worry about him leaving. 

Osh ain't leaving...not for some time...why would he...he has a legacy here he is building and will go down as one of the if not the all time great in a storied franchise...he knows that and hes not dumb enough to leave a good thing for the chance to tarnish his reputation.

The T.O thing is over played...that's not his home and he has more ties here now than he does there...I doubt Buck leaves...and again why would he...this is home to him as well now....for a long time...has a good thing going and if someone kicks his tires...then add assistant head coach to his title...as he would be the seamless successor to osh when the time comes he wants to retire...which I see right now as the only reason he leaves here...Younger too...if he gets approached you add assistant dc to him as an eventual Hall successor...I dont think Hall has HC aspirations anymore.

I have no doubts the coaches we want back wont be back

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t think edm is a threat. But still won’t be comfy till his name is on a contract. 
 I think the biggest risk will always be his old buddy pinball and the team he went to the hof with. 
 It’s also about teams poaching others like goveia younger etc. I don’t think any one will give Danny mac the quality of life work balance he gets here I don’t as much worry about him leaving. 

Toronto is going to finish first in the East for the second year in a row, why would they fire Dinwiddie? Which team poaches Goveia?