2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

With only one game to go, there is no point in bringing in a different voice to put together a new game plan. One week early won’t send any stronger message than a firing the day after the season ends in Sask. 

There is zero reason to delay it- you don’t “bring in a new voice” you just let an assistant coach for one game. 

If he is getting fired they should know now and beginning now- if they don’t it is wasting time and a failure. 

I don't expect CD or JOD back in Sask next year, however I don't think they get canned until after the Grey Cup. If they weren't the host team likely relieved of duties on Sunday but the team likely needs them in town for Grey Cup week. Would really be a shitty position to be in but those two totally deserve the long drawn out process.

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

some tidbits from LOLKs year end presser: 

Kenny Lawler will be 29 by the time training camp opens up. If he couldn’t make it at 27 leading the league in receiving he won’t be going down south pushing 30 after an injury plagued year. Seems like an excuse for when Edmonton loses him ( hopefully back to Winnipeg) they can say oh well we thought he’d gather NFL looks we decided to move in a different direction. 

11 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Kenny Lawler will be 29 by the time training camp opens up. If he couldn’t make it at 27 leading the league in receiving he won’t be going down south pushing 30 after an injury plagued year. Seems like an excuse for when Edmonton loses him ( hopefully back to Winnipeg) they can say oh well we thought he’d gather NFL looks we decided to move in a different direction. 

yeah his window is closed 100%

34 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

3yrs. Very good move by the Elks

Smart, best Mitchell since Bryant Mitchell.

Looks like after he retired from the Bombers he decided to unretire and signed with the 49ers.

San Francisco 49ers[edit]

On August 16, 2022 it was announced that Mitchell would sign a one-year deal with the San Francisco 49ers. On September 4, 2022, he was signed to the practice squad after being cut by the team.

21 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Smart, best Mitchell since Bryant Mitchell.

Looks like after he retired from the Bombers he decided to unretire and signed with the 49ers.

San Francisco 49ers[edit]

On August 16, 2022 it was announced that Mitchell would sign a one-year deal with the San Francisco 49ers. On September 4, 2022, he was signed to the practice squad after being cut by the team.

FWIW, he's not on the 49ers practice squad anymore: https://www.49ers.com/team/players-roster/

Also, some news regarding Andrew Harris from the other day:

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

FWIW, he's not on the 49ers practice squad anymore: https://www.49ers.com/team/players-roster/

Also, some news regarding Andrew Harris from the other day:

Can't see Harris playing with any degree of effectiveness this season, if he plays at all. Much of his success was due to a dominant O-line and the Argo's O-line is hardly that. Moreover, he has to learn to read the blocking, which was all new at the start of the season and will need to re-learned. 

9 hours ago, bearpants said:

other than how much he loves the sound of his own voice... he's actually not too bad anymore... now that he's not a paid Rider shill...

Yeah, a year ago I wouldn't have said this but if he was on the radio today, I'd listen to him. He reinvented himself on his podcast. 

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Elks will win at least 10 games next year if they can get slightly better QBing than this year. Need a couple more game changers on D.

With Cornelius & Ford as their qbs? Not likely.

You know what I love about die hard bomber fans? Through 29 years of losing, dismal management and coaching. Some real terrible terrible teams. Bomber fans still showed up to the games. I could be wrong but never do I remember a single game under 20 k. Nevermind 12k.

Everyone gives Saskatchewan the title for best fans because the riders are all they have. The reality is the Bombers have always been relevant in our province. Win or lose. With, or without the Jets 

Kudos

On another note though, I hate that I end of cheering for other teams to win games for the sake of the viability of the league. I shouldn't have to root for Edmonton to win a home game so they can start getting attendance up again. Cheering for Chris Jones to have success just seems... wrong

Nonetheless I feel bad for Elks fans. Good on the ones who stick around

Edited by CodyT