2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

All through the broadcast, my wife couldn't stop being in awe of how few people were in the stands... "I just can't get over how empty it is..... My goodness that must be hard on the players...." 

Definitely not the place to be in Edmonton these days, that's for sure.... 

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I can't even imagine going winless at home for that many seasons. Kudos to the fans who do show up for that. 

Did I ever tell you that H's craziest friend CP bought her first ever season tickets prior to the 21 season? Has never seen an LOLks win live..... My Christ, can you imagine.... 

One big change I noticed in Edmonton these past two seasons is they now have a bunch of really cheap seats and a bunch of really expensive seats.

I'm not sure that's the way to move forward.  Why don't I buy the cheapest season ticket and just sit wherever I want when it's 2/3 empty?

Ya think the pressure will be on Jonesie to produce next year....He'll be on the hotseat from the word go....He used to be able to put a fairly good product on the field....didn't see a move in that direction at all in this campaign...His 'continual tryout season' that replaced the actual season was short on talent as far as I could see.....(maybe the little back Brown stood out a bit) Jones needs to be better than that to stick around....Their whole roster is suspect except for Ceresna, which brings me to, I hope we make him an offer in fa next year, and return the favour for the Lawler signing...Jake would be a MEGA monster on our D

Elks do indeed have the longest home losing streak ever at 17, breaking the old Ottawa Renegades record of 14. In other sports, the NFL record is also 14 (Chicago Cardinals), Pittsburgh Penguins lost 14 straight at home, MLB record is 20 by the St. Louis Browns, and the NBA record is 37 by the Sacramento Kings. 

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Did I ever tell you that H's craziest friend CP bought her first ever season tickets prior to the 21 season? Has never seen an LOLks win live..... My Christ, can you imagine.... 

I sure can. I really becamse a fan back in the mid 60's as a 10 year old but my Dad was a hunter & a fisherman. His weekends from May to November was out doing his thing with his friends dependent upon the time of year. Spring & summer fishing. Hunting ducks, geese, partridge & prairie chicken in the fall. As well as deer & sometimes moose hunting in November & December. Going to a football game was out of the question. 

So, I never attended actual Bomber games until 1968 & 69 when I was 13. The 1967 through 70 football seasons were horrible. In those days, the team won one or in a good year of losing maybe two games a year at home. I'd sit in the Salisbury House End Zone & pay 50 cents a ticket with some of my friends. And 95% of the time, the hapless Bombers would grab defeat from the jaws of victory usually late in a game. Back then, if I saw the Bombers win a single game at home. I was lucky. It was on the road where they really sucked. I went three years watching all their road games on television before I saw them win their first game on tv in 1971. I still became hooked. Crazy as that was.

Why would I love a loser? Probably because I loved the team unconditionally as a young fan. To me, they could do no wrong.  Number 2 we didn't have the Jets or the Internet. There was no online gambling or fantasy leagues like today. And three, we we weren't inundated by the NFL or other pro sports like fans are today. If we saw a couple of NFL games on tv, that was it.

Today, there are way more choices for fans. I feel the Elks fans pain but I don't feel sorry for them as they never felt sorry for me back then. Winnipeg was a  lot smaller at that time as well. Yet for years 15-18,000 loyal fans would routinely show up in a 22,000 seat Winnipeg Stadium to watch some bad Blue Bomber teams lose. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I rarely agree with Jeff Hamilton takes, but boy howdy I'm on board here.... 

They've needed a stretch in the wilderness for awhile. Thin out their ranks and make them re think their importance to the league. 

Edited by Noeller

Jeff Hamilton should write a story about the Rider mgmt & coaches lack of humility. I'd love to read it. Hamilton is saying it starts with O'Day & has been going on since he's been GM. One Rider fan says he heard rumours there'll be a mass clean out of the team & Danny Mac will be GM, HC Buck Pierce & LaPo as OC. If Buck & Danny want to go to those chronic losers then good luck to them as they'll need it. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Jeff Hamilton should write a story about the Rider mgmt & coaches lack of humility. I'd love to read it. Hamilton is saying it starts with O'Day & has been going on since he's been GM. One Rider fan says he heard rumours there'll be a mass clean out of the team & Danny Mac will be GM, HC Buck Pierce & LaPo as OC. If Buck & Danny want to go to those chronic losers then good luck to them as they'll need it. 

Read that again, slowly and you answer the rest of your post...

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I can't see Mac wanting to be a full time GM and I have my doubts Buck leaves for that mess.

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No chance that comes to pass. The mac attack doesn’t want to be a full time north of the border worker. And plop isn’t going to oc under buck. Nor would buck go for a guy like plop who wants to run his own offense when he’s an offensive guy.