2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Fajardo would do well in Hamilton with Steinhauer & Condell. He's a better qb than Dane Evans. As much as Fajardo does whine, ***** & complain, could you imagine Evans with that circus in Regina? He'd have Dickenson telling him lies & Maas screaming at him. He'd sink lfaster than a Mafia hit in cement shoes.

Wildly disagree with this. I don't think there's a starter in the league that Faj is better than. 

I'm not a Faj supporter by any means but I think the argument could be made that the team around him especially the offensive line is worse then what is was when Fajardo took over for an injured Collaros. Fajardo has put up respectable numbers considering the pressure he's been under. He's a bit of a warrior type guy but I do think his upside his limited by his lack of touch on deeper passes. He'd be a nice backup guy to bring in on a team who wants to go with an injured prone starter or a team looking to give a young qb a chance and want a plan b.  They will need to address their pass protection if they want to go with a guy like Bo Levi Mitchell next season who's body is already wearing down considerable under the best of conditions.

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Agreed. Dane isn't having a good season, but he's head and shoulders above Fajardo. 

I'm reluctant to call Fajardo a game manager because I don't see a lot of game managing skills there.   But he's more consistent than Dane has been this season. Dane when he's on makes the ticats tough to beat but he's laid too many eggs this season. 

30 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I'm not a Faj supporter by any means but I think the argument could be made that the team around him especially the offensive line is worse then what is was when Fajardo took over for an injured Collaros. Fajardo has put up respectable numbers considering the pressure he's been under. He's a bit of a warrior type guy but I do think his upside his limited by his lack of touch on deeper passes. He'd be a nice backup guy to bring in on a team who wants to go with an injured prone starter or a team looking to give a young qb a chance and want a plan b.  They will need to address their pass protection if they want to go with a guy like Bo Levi Mitchell next season who's body is already wearing down considerable under the best of conditions.

I'm reluctant to call Fajardo a game manager because I don't see a lot of game managing skills there.   But he's more consistent than Dane has been this season. Dane when he's on makes the ticats tough to beat but he's laid too many eggs this season. 

Dane threw a TD pass against us. End of story. lol

For real though, Fajardo is more consistently bad than Dane sure. Overall Dane has a far better skill set than Fajardo and it's honestly not even close. The only thing they're close in skill wise, is that neither seem to be able to handly much adversity or any at all...but even then, Dane has shown improvements there.

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Fajardo is a weak armed one read and run qb. His skillset is entirely too limited to ever be more than  a backup . 

Evans at least has the tools even if mentally he needs some work.

A cannon for an arm is a potential asset, not necessarily a absolute requisite. We have seen many strong-armed QBs come and go quickly and others who had a good arm and were successful with the right game plan and receivers. To my perception, Fajardo was better a couple of years ago before he was "Willied" by a bad O-line and worse offensive coach. I think he never developed- rather, he regressed. Whether he is salvageable is another matter altogether. 

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

A cannon for an arm is a potential asset, not necessarily a absolute requisite. We have seen many strong-armed QBs come and go quickly and others who had a good arm and were successful with the right game plan and receivers. To my perception, Fajardo was better a couple of years ago before he was "Willied" by a bad O-line and worse offensive coach. I think he never developed- rather, he regressed. Whether he is salvageable is another matter altogether. 

No, he was not. He was not Willied, he was never that good. People just got film on him and exposed him. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Wildly disagree with this. I don't think there's a starter in the league that Faj is better than. 

I'd take Fajardo over Evans. The Riders OL killed his confidence. Evans is just a headcase. I just can't see Hamilton sticking with him next season. I'm not saying that Fajardo is a great qb but in the right situation he could be a solid starter. That's just my opinion, FWIW. 

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Fajardo is a weak armed one read and run qb. His skillset is entirely too limited to ever be more than  a backup . 

Evans at least has the tools even if mentally he needs some work.

A qb can have all the physical tools but if he can't handle the pressure of being a starter then those tools mean nothing. That's how I see Evans. He just can't get it done when the chips are down. 

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It's not just the weak arm, it's the inability to read a defense that he pairs with it. He is a glorified running back. If his first read isn't there guy panics and runs himself into trouble. You don't even need to pressure him, just keep him in the pocket and the sacks will come.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Dane threw a TD pass against us. End of story. lol

For real though, Fajardo is more consistently bad than Dane sure. Overall Dane has a far better skill set than Fajardo and it's honestly not even close. The only thing they're close in skill wise, is that neither seem to be able to handly much adversity or any at all...but even then, Dane has shown improvements there.

Has he, though? I don't see it.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Cornelius and only because Corny is inexperienced and probably will surpass him next season.  

Does Caleb Evans counts ,  Fajardo is better then him?

Evans is brutal. Asof now, he's become a chronic backup with little upside. He's got all the tools but the tools ain't in the toollbox (his head). 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd take Fajardo over Evans. The Riders OL killed his confidence. Evans is just a headcase. I just can't see Hamilton sticking with him next season. I'm not saying that Fajardo is a great qb but in the right situation he could be a solid starter. That's just my opinion, FWIW. 

A qb can have all the physical tools but if he can't handle the pressure of being a starter then those tools mean nothing. That's how I see Evans. He just can't get it done when the chips are down. 

Faj can't handle pressure. He makes bad decisions. He's not a leader. And, his arm is suspect. But, other than that, he's just swell. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Evans is brutal. Asof now, he's become a chronic backup with little upside. He's got all the tools but the tools ain't in the toollbox (his head). 

TSN mentioned he's been receiving help with the mental aspects of the game, I'm convinced before the games Evans has played really well, he's been hypnotized to believe he's Ricky Ray. 

I could see an argument that Fajardo makes Evans better because I think Dane needs competition.  He was his best with Masoli pushing him and vice versa but I don't see how Fajardo is a better QB than Evans or anyone starting consistently this season 

Fajardo was good by default since he was the only starter left standing the one year he had. That  was 2 3 seasons ago now tho which in years was 3 or 4 ago cuz canceled season. (Covid) 

It's been a while for Fajardo 

Since then his backup collaros has become a legend mop and back to back cup winner. Just saying. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2022-10-20 at 8:50 AM, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I will say though, it was really unfair to paint cofaj with the vet day after a bye-week, he took a lot of unfair flak for that. I am happy he voiced his displeasure with how that **** was handled- rightly so. 

Dickenson lied. That's all there is to it. 

5 hours ago, JCon said:

No, he was not. He was not Willied, he was never that good. People just got film on him and exposed him. 

this exactly...u seen it in 2019 already...nobody expected him to throw, cause he never did it, and coming out of college his passer rating and analysis was horrid....If u go back and watch his early starts...db's didnt expect them to go long...so they were caught off guard early and often with letting guys behind them....but if u look at the result it was a moonshot ball...underthrown where receiver either had to stop...or come back to get it with DB's in chase mode not look back for ball...he had some successes' don't get me wrong...but was more a recipient of team around him...he fell into a good spot...buts the talent and character evaporatd around him...and he needed to lead and win games based on his skill...well we seen what's going on.

Since 2019 I can think of maybe 1...possibly 2 deep..or even deepish shots where he hit a receiver in stride so he could catch a ball in full burst....and have we even ever seen him throw a guy open...or manage a pass for a guy to run under, or lead a receiver on???

Throw in his non-ability to read a defense, or run through progressions and you have another issue....and don't even get me started on hius footwork and pocket presence and sense, and delivery...right garbage

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Evans beat the brakes off a Bomber defense. Cody has never come close to doing that. On top of that Hamilton has won 2 of their last 3. Dane has shown that he gets better once he's able to get over the adversity...Cody...well...we all know how that's going.