2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Toronto is going to finish first in the East for the second year in a row, why would they fire Dinwiddie? Which team poaches Goveia?

Because they are getting it again by default havent and won’t turn that into being contenders. 
The no1 priority in Toronto football is making a news splash. Going after mos is as good as it gets for them other than bringing in another Ricky Williams. 

15 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The “but Masoli” narrative for Ottawa/Lapo is some weak mental gymnastics.  When Masoli was injured they were about to go 0-4 in the midst of the 0-6 start.  Masoli didn’t win a single game for Ottawa.  Nothing to show us their record would be any different with Masoli.

Lose to Wpg by 2, Wpg by 7, BC with Rourke by 3, Riders & lose Masoli in game. Most teams in the CFL would be 0-4 in that situation. That's close games with the two best teams in the league at the time then lose your starting QB.

I don't think most teams win with Caleb Evens as the QB.

yeah I think if Masoli was still playing...they may have had another couple wins, and likely been in the hunt to eliminate any cross over...that being said if he is having to execute the Lapo System....good chance the are still bottom rung squad

Have to think that lawler is done in Edmonton at this point. Who ever goes in to rebuild isn’t gonna be spending 300k to retain him. I wonder if bc jumps back in on him. Wonder if they move on from lucky to make room too.  Lawler been just as good this year as last with terrible qbing. If he had stayed here he’d a had stupid numbers. 

https://3downnation.com/2022/10/02/theres-a-lot-of-people-going-to-be-calling-for-my-head-riders-qb-cody-fajardo-sees-dealing-with-fan-negativity-as-part-of-playing-in-regina/

he isn’t wrong, it’s true of most any starting qb but even more so on a passionate fan base team. 
 But damn is it stupid to say it. Especially when he’s just lead his team to yet another loss to the blue lost 4 in a row and gone from above .500 to three games under. They are on the fringe of the cross over spot and he doesn’t have a contract next year.  
 What positive effect does he think this could have on his team or the fan base? He’s about as bright as dicker. 

I bet he goes into camp as the no2 qb in Hamilton next year. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I almost have a sense he is back here

I was thinking that could happen if his price comes down. With roadhouse nfl bound next year it’d sure line up well. Love lawler and would be happy to have him back. 
 If rourke is back in bc I think they’ll go after him hard again. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them to bring in a couple big wrs then. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I was thinking that could happen if his price comes down. With roadhouse nfl bound next year it’d sure line up well. Love lawler and would be happy to have him back. 
 If rourke is back in bc I think they’ll go after him hard again. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them to bring in a couple big wrs then. 

Also depends if Ellingson is a one and done here too...or if he comes in cheaper next yr due to his injury issues this yr and age....Schoen as well I not so sure about, his walk on stautus...non-drafted...2 failed attempts already and being a CFL defectee are all things against him in the stupid politics of the NFL...and he is also going to be 26 on the 13th....and going onto 27 next yr....so theres that too....not many teams are gonna wanna develop a 27 yr old next yr...so we may luck out...

A corp of Lawler...Schoen..Demski..Bailey, Woli..BOLO...Agudosi and sprinkle in Mcrae next yr would be lit

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What if Buck Pierce gets hired as HC of the Riders and the Bombers bring in Khari as OC? A possibility....

doubt Buck is or would leave here to be honest

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What if Buck Pierce gets hired as HC of the Riders and the Bombers bring in Khari as OC? A possibility....

I think the Riders will be looking for more of a proven commodity after the recent mess of Dickenson and crew. I'm not sure who that is, but after this year, Buck will have had exactly 1.5 years as an OC. Not quite sure he's got enough experience to be a HC yet. I'd peg him as an heir apparent to Osh someday. 

What do you guys think about the future of the hierarchy? 

Walters takes on Wade's gig, Osh to GM and Buck to HC..... Does any of that make sense? Not sure either Walters or Osh want to be a Pres or GM (respectively). Gotta think they like their current roles. 

But I'm legit curious about what happens in the future... 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think the Riders will be looking for more of a proven commodity after the recent mess of Dickenson and crew. I'm not sure who that is, but after this year, Buck will have had exactly 1.5 years as an OC. Not quite sure he's got enough experience to be a HC yet. I'd peg him as an heir apparent to Osh someday. 

Walters takes on Wade's gig, Osh to GM and Buck to HC..... Does any of that make sense? Not sure either Walters or Osh want to be a Pres or GM (respectively). Gotta think they like their current roles. 

Pretty sure Osh is a coach through and through and thats all he wants to be....and will be HC here until he decides to retire, or he becomes real dumb...starts to be weird and do stupid things and we become...the Ro=iders...which I don't see happening

Buck has lots of ties here now...family...business...team...I could see him at some point if teams are sniffing around get that ASt. Coach tiltle, and a pay bump....I see Younger as well getting the eventual DC position, and if we have to an extra tile added to him with a pay increase. I'm not too worried about us losing any important coaches at all, and if we were to, I see us have no prob getting an established guy to come here...like who wouldnt want to?

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

That is possible. Though khari doesn’t fit what the bombers have done under plop and buck I think collaros would love that playbook and call. Personally I’d be happy with that swap. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Also depends if Ellingson is a one and done here too...or if he comes in cheaper next yr due to his injury issues this yr and age....Schoen as well I not so sure about, his walk on stautus...non-drafted...2 failed attempts already and being a CFL defectee are all things against him in the stupid politics of the NFL...and he is also going to be 26 on the 13th....and going onto 27 next yr....so theres that too....not many teams are gonna wanna develop a 27 yr old next yr...so we may luck out...

A corp of Lawler...Schoen..Demski..Bailey, Woli..BOLO...Agudosi and sprinkle in Mcrae next yr would be lit

doubt Buck is or would leave here to be honest

Dream wr core. Collaros would be lined up for the greatest season by a bomber qb ever. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

that would make sense to me but I don’t think they can attract a good experience hc at this point. Chris jones is the only guy I can think. If Oday isn’t canned which he should be that’s fully what I expect. If he is I think they look for a high character co to develop as a hc. 

I don’t think wade is leaving his current role.  I also don’t think walters wants his job and I really don’t think mos wants to be a gm. Buck is still very green as an oc personally I wouldn’t hand him a hc job. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Pretty sure Osh is a coach through and through and thats all he wants to be....and will be HC here until he decides to retire, or he becomes real dumb...starts to be weird and do stupid things and we become...the Ro=iders...which I don't see happening

Buck has lots of ties here now...family...business...team...I could see him at some point if teams are sniffing around get that ASt. Coach tiltle, and a pay bump....I see Younger as well getting the eventual DC position, and if we have to an extra tile added to him with a pay increase. I'm not too worried about us losing any important coaches at all, and if we were to, I see us have no prob getting an established guy to come here...like who wouldnt want to?

Only guy to survive the previous regime and ended his career here. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was happy to stay here under what ever role for as long as we’d have him. That kind of stability long term in coaching football is the greatest commodity. 

8 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Lose to Wpg by 2, Wpg by 7, BC with Rourke by 3, Riders & lose Masoli in game. Most teams in the CFL would be 0-4 in that situation. That's close games with the two best teams in the league at the time then lose your starting QB.

I don't think most teams win with Caleb Evens as the QB.

Exactly my point.  Weak mental gymnastics.  If Buck Pierce was healthy all the way from 2010-2012 then Lapo would be a .600 career coach too eh.

The guy developing Caleb Evans is Lapolice.  The guy who developed Brink and Elliott was Lapolice.  The guy is an offensive guru who can’t develop a QB.  

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Exactly my point.  Weak mental gymnastics.  If Buck Pierce was healthy all the way from 2010-2012 then Lapo would be a .600 career coach too eh.

The guy developing Caleb Evans is Lapolice.  The guy who developed Brink and Elliott was Lapolice.  The guy is an offensive guru who can’t develop a QB. 

Even Calgary, who I think are the 2nd best team in the league right now, wouldn't have done any better than 0-3 against Wpg, Wpg, BC with Rourke & they've only lost to us and BC. Trying to pin that on PLAP is the definition of weak mental gymnastics.

Evans, Elliott & Brink are terrible QB's. I doubt anyone could have developed them.

6vi9ek.jpg

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

That is possible. Though khari doesn’t fit what the bombers have done under plop and buck I think collaros would love that playbook and call. Personally I’d be happy with that swap. 

Dream wr core. Collaros would be lined up for the greatest season by a bomber qb ever. 

that would make sense to me but I don’t think they can attract a good experience hc at this point. Chris jones is the only guy I can think. If Oday isn’t canned which he should be that’s fully what I expect. If he is I think they look for a high character co to develop as a hc. 

I don’t think wade is leaving his current role.  I also don’t think walters wants his job and I really don’t think mos wants to be a gm. Buck is still very green as an oc personally I wouldn’t hand him a hc job. 

Only guy to survive the previous regime and ended his career here. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was happy to stay here under what ever role for as long as we’d have him. That kind of stability long term in coaching football is the greatest commodity. 

I truly don't think any of our assistance will e seriously approached...or front runners in a HC opening other than maybe Hall, as he has been there...done that, tho I don't know if he has that desire in him now...I see him as being quite content where he is now at this point in his career. I think the teams looking...Obviously Ottawa and likely Sask are gonna go the somewhat proven route...they cant afford to go off board and epically fail.....other than those 2 teams I cant see any other team looking...Maybe Montreal but I have a sneaking feeling the Gnome is gonna stay on