Jump to content

2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition


Noeller
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

BLM has two grey cups wins and an MOP and is younger and his base is $425,000. Granted he's seemingly on the decline. That said, just because Saskatchewan overpaid, doesn't mean we will. I actually think a raise to $450,000 from $410,000 is fair but yeah would pay him $500,000 if need be.

I don't think Zach comes back with a contract under half a mill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I mean Fajardo is making what, 515K? Based on that market setting(thanks knobs to the left), getting Collaros at the 525K-550K is reasonable IMO. I'd be hesitant to go beyond that.

But that's dumb and was signed in the midst of the crazy Reilly/Mitchell/Harris gougings.

The market needs to correct - and mostly has - but we can't break it again with Zach.

I agree that 450-500 is what we're looking at realistically, but it's a tough pill to swallow. Reilly/Ray/Mitchell put up some pretty spectacular seasons for under 500k when the cap wasn't really much different than it is now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

BLM has two grey cups wins and an MOP and is younger and his base is $425,000. Granted he's seemingly on the decline. That said, just because Saskatchewan overpaid, doesn't mean we will. I actually think a raise to $450,000 from $410,000 is fair but yeah would pay him $500,000 if need be.

BLM took a cut cause he's been injured and meh going on 2 seasons now. There is no way Zach comes in under $500K IMO. My guess is we sign him at $550K. And if we dont want to pay that someone else will. Do we really want to play chicken with our back2back Grey Cup winning QB over 50K? I dont.

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

But that's dumb and was signed in the midst of the crazy Reilly/Mitchell/Harris gougings.

The market needs to correct - and mostly has - but we can't break it again with Zach.

I agree that 450-500 is what we're looking at realistically, but it's a tough pill to swallow. Reilly/Ray/Mitchell put up some pretty spectacular seasons for under 500k when the cap wasn't really much different than it is now. 

Oh i agree its asinine but sports salaries are very much negotiated on comparables.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I mean Fajardo is making what, 515K? Based on that market setting(thanks knobs to the left), getting Collaros at the 525K-550K is reasonable IMO. I'd be hesitant to go beyond that.

Why should collaros get more than Faj? He lost his job to Faj and the riders are so much better off because of it, therefore collaros is inferior to faj.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Best of luck to King Kongbo! Had an unfortunate injury in his last NFL camp, IIRC. Hoping he can stay healthy and get that big $$$ cheque! 

right on cue:

 

Whatever happens Collaros is a legend here and forever to be appreciated.

But, you leave, you're the enemy when that ball gets snapped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

If we sign Collaros for over 500k our chances at a 3 peat are basically done. You can't win championships with a QB eating up a solid chunk of change like that. For evidence...see the rest of league with over paid QBs. 

I really dont think an extra $50K is going to prevent us from winning another cup. Were not talking the craziness of the Reilly/BLM contracts from a few years ago here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Whatever happens Collaros is a legend here and forever to be appreciated.

But, you leave, you're the enemy when that ball gets snapped.

Hopefully a do-able contract can be done here with Collaros and the Bombers, but I have to ask "is this a media thing to get the fans stirred up"?

The QB contracts throughout the league are being restructured or made to meet the teams salary limitations or capabilities. To the west of us, there is a contract that truly doesn't reflect compensation that is warranted in more ways than one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Collaros making 410 this past year, we got a lot of value for that. I wouldn't balk at something between 450-500. That's a significant raise for him and feels like fair value. I'm not sure what his agent would say, but I really believe you have to take the Faj contract out of the equation, because everyone knows it's completely ridiculous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Collaros making 410 this past year, we got a lot of value for that. I wouldn't balk at something between 450-500. That's a significant raise for him and feels like fair value. I'm not sure what his agent would say, but I really believe you have to take the Faj contract out of the equation, because everyone knows it's completely ridiculous. 

I'd be very happy at something around 450-460 at 2 years but I think it'll be closer to 480ish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nolby said:

I'd be very happy at something around 450-460 at 2 years but I think it'll be closer to 480ish

I'd be ecstatic. But i will eat my shoe if we manage to get him back at under $500K. My guess is $525K and i'd be fine with that. For christs sake he's 16-1 in meaningful regular season games with us and has won us back2back Grey Cups! Hell there should be a Bomber fan beside his bed every day bright and early ready to give Zach a morning massage + happy ending. One two three not it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats a tough one for sure. I like Evans but this is a guy who has now lost 2 Grey Cups(granted he hasnt played two full games but has looked rattled and crappy in 1.5 Grey Cups) and the Tiger Cats have never been quite all in on handing him the keys to the ship for whatever reason. Collaros is a known commodity and has proven himself to be a winner. I think i bite the bullet and give Zach the $550K.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dane Evans is very promising, I think he would look great running our offense at a bargain. That would definitely help keep other pieces in place. But I would hate to be the GM that passes on a QB who could have (would have) won us our third cup in a row. We know how Collaros looks in our offense and it's uhhhh pretty good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...