2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Can you imagine a scenario where we let Zach walk over $$$, Hamilton signs him, and then he beats us in the Grey Cup?? I wouldnt want to live in that world.

I don’t think he’d have near the success he had in Winnipeg elsewhere. He’s protected well, comfortable in the O… just my take 

5 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I don’t think he’d have near the success he had in Winnipeg elsewhere. He’s protected well, comfortable in the O… just my take 

Possibly but Hamilton was one rouge away from winning it all last season. One would think Zach could very well get them over the hump.

43 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Possibly but Hamilton was one rouge away from winning it all last season. One would think Zach could very well get them over the hump.

deleted

54 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Can you imagine a scenario where we let Zach walk over $$$, Hamilton signs him, and then he beats us in the Grey Cup?? I wouldnt want to live in that world.

He'll sign. Just relax. Wow. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm going to play devil's advocate, you're Walters, Collaros asks for $550,000. This is over what you feel you can pay. You know you could sign Dane Evans for $400,000, do you suck it up with Zach or take Dane and use the extra $150,000 elsewhere?

Buck with Dane could be a big developmental jump for Evans,if Zach doesn't budget at 550 then I'm calling Dane immediately

6 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Buck with Dane could be a big developmental jump for Evans,if Zach doesn't budget at 550 then I'm calling Dane immediately

Sincere  question (I'm a MASSIVE Buck fan going back to BC): Is Buck a better a OC than Tommy Condell? In terms of developing Dane? I'm not sure about that statement... 

"...I’m pissed that Winnipeg was able to keep their front office together. They would have had a tougher time retaining players if (assistant general managers) Ted (Goveia) and Danny (McManus) had been hired elsewhere. I hope (Canadian offensive lineman) Drew Desjarlais signs in the NFL. That’ll hurt them..."

When Collaros was with other teams, he took an ungodly pounding which nearly ended his career. With the Bombers, he rarely got his jersey soiled. He and his wife have to consider whether he wants to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair or being unable to life his head without hurting. He ought to talk to Matty Dunigan about that.

Zack is...and knows he's a successful product of the environment he was in here, and has been kept clean, and safe, and is in the right "team" first environment...and I don't see him holding us over a barrel, and do the opposite of what guys like Willie..Biggie did in a team first move to help keep pieces in place to get to the end prize...If he made 41ok last year, and we come at him with a 475/485k salary, thats fair, and will be in line with other top end starters, save for Fajardo and everyone and their dog in and around the league see that as a sick joke...I see us getting him for 500k tops...likely just under

That being said, I also see Bryant back at what he was last year, and Harris will come in at less too...all easily managed for this coming year, and If Adams is back, He probably coming in at the same as last yr too at the most...likely a slight shave as he isn't defacto #1 anymore, so won't command that.

As many as we have to retain, a lot were already at top end of the pay scale and won't be requiring big bumps, and some who may be back are on the downside now of career, and are not focal points, so will be at a discount.

Guys who are due a significant bump are Kenny, Stove, Desjarlais (if he doesnt sign) Kongbo (whom may be back sooner than later as he is a futures deal) and lesser extent Darby and Rose...I don't include Bryant cause he will be the same hit basically, and he always waits till we re-up key guys first as he is all about team, then sees what kind of lil extra kick he can get once Biggie and BA are wrapped up.

9 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Masoli to Ottawa or Toronto 

It has to be Ottawa,they've literally got no one to work with, Toronto at least still has MBT

Also,if Evans signed for anywhere around 415 to 430 after having Zach hand it to Hamilton back to back then Zach is really in the driver's seat.

Edited by Nolby

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

"...I’m pissed that Winnipeg was able to keep their front office together. They would have had a tougher time retaining players if (assistant general managers) Ted (Goveia) and Danny (McManus) had been hired elsewhere. I hope (Canadian offensive lineman) Drew Desjarlais signs in the NFL. That’ll hurt them..."

cartman-south-park.gif

20 minutes ago, Nolby said:

It has to be Ottawa,they've literally got no one to work with, Toronto at least still has MBT

Also,if Evans signed for anywhere around 415 to 430 after having Zach hand it to Hamilton back to back then Zach is really in the driver's seat.

High 3s to low 4s

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

cartman-south-park.gif

Honestly. Is that Jeremy O'Day being quoted? 

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

If I'm Masoli im avoiding Ottawa like the plague 

And yes in a sense that gives Zach some leverage but Hamilton would have been a premiere destination for Zach. No way he signs in Ottawa. That leaves really us and Toronto 

Edited by CodyT