Jump to content

2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition


Noeller
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t mind this at all, obviously value wise they graded this out as a better option and we needed to find a new Jake eventually so I’m happy with the move.

I trust the Bombers on this. Looks like they didn't think 9 would yield them a whole lot so get a rotational DE out of the deal and probably go with an OL at 13....or maybe they are not done and we trade back into the 1st round.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Family friend is 5 year Oline for Queens and very smart kid.  Says Cam is a “great teammate and a beast” (uSport level).

definitely a position need for team and they likely judged better than anyone available at 9.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'll defer to trusting the front office. Wonder if this is a sign that Eli or Dobson will be in camp?

I would think the odds of getting Dobson have increased significantly.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Who the hell is Cameron Lawson?

6'5 - 330 lbs....Jeebus....guy is a load. One of his four games last year was against us, so we must have seen something we liked. 

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I would think the odds of getting Dobson have increased significantly.

6'5 - 330 lbs....Jeebus....guy is a load. One of his four games last year was against us, so we must have seen something we liked. 

Where did you see that? His CFL.CA page says 6'3 285lbs?

Edited by Bubba Zanetti
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I don’t mind this at all, obviously value wise they graded this out as a better option and we needed to find a new Jake eventually so I’m happy with the move.

Looks very much like a young, new Jake too. Hard not to like this deal. We move down a bit and lose 1 pick but get a guy who would be on the active roster if the season started right now. Slots in very well with the loss of kongbo. Not likely to be a full time nose tackle as a pro, but a good DT who can play nose in a pinch. 

https://tdnprod.wpengine.com/2020/04/26/cfl-draft-profile-defensive-tackle-cam-lawson-queens/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I can see the logic in that, but the CFL seldom works that way. From eli being drafted in the first place, to ruby being re instated, and soo many more moves. The level of awareness in cfl front offices on peripheral players is extremely bad. To some extent its always going to be a fact of life. CFL teams have a fraction of the scouting funds that every other league in north america has, and they have 10x more ground to cover than every thing short of baseball and soccer. 

I wouldn't consider Eli a peripheral player. He's a known commodity at this point. A young quality CND Olineman doesn't just drop off of peoples radar in the CFL. Like I said, if he plays in the CFL this year I'll be blown away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I wouldn't consider Eli a peripheral player. He's a known commodity at this point. A young quality CND Olineman doesn't just drop off of peoples radar in the CFL. Like I said, if he plays in the CFL this year I'll be blown away.

I would. He's known to us. Because we've seen a decent amount of reps spread out over a large sample size. Other teams do a piss poor job of scouting and developing NI OL in general. They do an even worse job of scouting other teams National ol depth. If he and gray etc weren't peripheral players they would've been hotly sought after previously. Same with most of our developmental OL over the past few years. Go back and look at what Couture makes with respect to the rest of the OL in the league and you'll see. Teams don't scout other teams ol worth a damn. The only time teams really go after OL is when all star NIs come available, they try and plug and play thinking itll fix a bad OL. And it seldom works. Thats why we see soo many good and great OL (like dennis and bond) flop on bad ols, only to rebound well with other teams. 

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Just saw this

 

Im guessing a mini camp invite?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Where did you see that? His CFL.CA page says 6'3 285lbs?

I am looking for the link. I was browsing around looking for more info on him and came across those measurables and I was like holy crap how have i not heard of this guy before. Saw his CFL,ca measures afterwards, I would go with that.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I know it's just betting lines, but I really think the Stamps haven't earned the "second best odds of winning the GC" distinction...

Also how can the top 3 teams be in the same division?  One of the East teams is nearly guaranteed a spot in the GC game so the top East team should at least be 3rd if not 2nd.

And how the hell are the Redblacks ahead of anyone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One of the East teams is nearly guaranteed a spot in the GC game so the top East team should at least be 3rd if not 2nd.

Unless the opinion is that no matter who makes it to the cup from the East they won't beat a team from the West

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Also how can the top 3 teams be in the same division?  One of the East teams is nearly guaranteed a spot in the GC game so the top East team should at least be 3rd if not 2nd.

And how the hell are the Redblacks ahead of anyone?

Have you seen the L'ks?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I know it's just betting lines, but I really think the Stamps haven't earned the "second best odds of winning the GC" distinction...

Idk who I'd have no2, and it would be a huge drop off, but it wouldn't be the stamps.

 

24 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Unless the opinion is that no matter who makes it to the cup from the East they won't beat a team from the West

 Yeah pretty much every year the cross over looks promising before the season begins. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Bombers

TiCats

Argos

Stamps

Riders

Ottawa

Lions

Edmonton

 

Until proven otherwise.....

Flip Toronto and Hamilton and sask and Calgary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...