Stamps

Riders

Ottawa

Lions

Edmonton

Until proven otherwise.....

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Flip Toronto and Hamilton and sask and Calgary

Bombers > all until some one dethrones the champ champs. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Love that Rene pick and signing....

Glad this signing has  happened, as well.  

I know, he was a highly touted recruit going into US college, probably a sure fire NFL corner prospect, then an injury...  Hopefully he is what everyone believes, but his playing time past couple/three years has been reduced and not what it was when he was recruited.. But, then again the skill set is there and its our gain... We will see soon enough...

1 hour ago, camper_2 said:

Glad this signing has  happened, as well.  

I know, he was a highly touted recruit going into US college, probably a sure fire NFL corner prospect, then an injury...  Hopefully he is what everyone believes, but his playing time past couple/three years has been reduced and not what it was when he was recruited.. But, then again the skill set is there and its our gain... We will see soon enough...

For where we picked him it was well worth whatever risk we took, his upside is big.

The importance of a second elite corner has increased with the changes to the hashmarks.   Hopefully both of these National corners can become ratio breakers but the barrier of entry with the rule change I think got a little bit higher.

Hopefully Dobsen comes to the bombers in time for training camp but if we do need to wait for NFL cuts we have the ratio flexibility to start an American guard until alexander is healthy. 

8 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The importance of a second elite corner has increased with the changes to the hashmarks.   Hopefully both of these National corners can become ratio breakers but the barrier of entry with the rule change I think got a little bit higher.

Hopefully Dobsen comes to the bombers in time for training camp but if we do need to wait for NFL cuts we have the ratio flexibility to start an American guard until alexander is healthy. 

This is a very interesting point. I dont think Either will be playing cb much here this year. But itll be interesting to see. 

I think we will see the 2 starting hbs, 2 starting cbs and sam all be imports. But while BA is hurt we likely will see the Nucks rotate at S. Last year we flashed 2 deep looks subbing the wil for a 2nd S. That makes it harder to pick up the coverage when playing 3 high. I think we will also see the 6th db / dime be an NI. 

As it sits the defense will have tremendous flexibility in rotating in a Canadian at any of the 3 levels. We've been slowly bleeding NI depth over the past few years so this young blood on the D could be huge. 

https://3downnation.com/2022/05/04/bombers-sign-eastern-kentucky-university-receiver-keyion-dixon/

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/keyion-dixon/32004449-5844-9091-a33f-fd9383b3c6d5

6'3 skinny guy, looks very explosive. Rare to find a guy with that kind of quickness, and a top gear to break away from defenders. Not to mention in that tall frame. He needs some polishing but what a prospect.  

Are we approaching having signed too many WRs again? 🤣

This is the deepest wr core going into a camp that we've had in a long, long time. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/05/04/bombers-sign-eastern-kentucky-university-receiver-keyion-dixon/

6'3 skinny guy, looks very explosive. Rare to find a guy with that kind of quickness, and a top gear to break away from defenders. Not to mention in that tall frame. He needs some polishing but what a prospect.  

This is the deepest wr core going into a camp that we've had in a long, long time. 

I know we get all giddy every spring at the wealth of talent, much of which does not live up to the hype, but this year we seem to have a bumper crop of potentially great receivers. If this is indeed the case, several CFL teams will be picking through our leavings. I particularly like how Dixon celebrates his catches without rubbing defenders' noses in it. To me, that is class added to talent.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I know we get all giddy every spring at the wealth of talent, much of which does not live up to the hype, but this year we seem to have a bumper crop of potentially great receivers. If this is indeed the case, several CFL teams will be picking through our leavings. I particularly like how Dixon celebrates his catches without rubbing defenders' noses in it. To me, that is class added to talent.

It really is. We have frequently had DL and DB depth like this under the mafia. This is the first time we've had more blue chip wr prospects than you can shake a stick at. I cant wait to see the TC depth chart at wr. Its going to be silly. 3rd team dbs are gonna be having a fit. 

Edited by wbbfan

Didn't see this anywhere here so.... (from 3downnation)

Bombers sign three Americans, including defensive back Zach Hannibal

May 3, 2022

Zach-Hannibal-696x392.jpeg Photo courtesy: LA Tech Athletics

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed three American players, defensive back Zach Hannibal and defensive ends L.B. Mack and Jordan Berner.

The six-foot, 184-pound Hannibal joins the blue and gold after a six-year university career with Louisiana Tech. He made an appearance in 56 games over that span with 11 starts for the Bulldogs.

Johnson made significant contributions in both the secondary and special teams throughout his collegiate career. In 2020, Hannibal was named All-Conference USA honourable mention. The cover man registered 69 tackles, six passes defended, and one fumble recovery in his NCAA career.

The six-foot-two, 230-pound Mack III comes to the Bombers after an NCAA career with the University of Rhode Island. The defensive end was named to the 2021 Colonial Athletic Association All-Conference second team and will be remembered in Rams history as he finished his career second in program history in tackles for loss at 39 and fourth in sacks with 21.

The six-foot-five, 255-pound Berner arrives in Winnipeg after a five-year NCAA career with Southern Illinois University. He was an instant contributor by starting all 11 games during his freshman year. The d-end made a living disrupting plays in the backfield by finishing seventh in school history with 17.5 career sacks. Berner finished his college career strong by starting all 13 games and ended his Southern Illinois tenure with an impressive 144 tackles

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Impressive highlight video.