2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

On 2022-04-25 at 10:13 AM, Bigblue204 said:

I think people are vastly over estimating the amount of unvaxxed people that will be going to games. The vaxxed who went last year and took up the vast majority of seats (I believe there was only 2 sell outs) will still be going to games this year. Sure there will be some unvaxxed, but the majority will be vaxxed.

I agree. Manitoba has had great uptake numbers on the vaccine, and as a whole, I think a progressive attitude towards them except maybe in some of the more rural areas. I am as fearful as anyone about another mass scale outbreak but I see this as a big nothing burger really. It's an outdoor venue with the overwhelming majority being fully vaxxed. I think Manitoba's restrictions were as harsh as anywhere in Canada, and I strongly believe that Public Health would not allow this if it were a high risk move. Should another wave of pandemic hit hard then I believe the Bombers would do what is right.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I agree. Manitoba has had great uptake numbers on the vaccine, and as a whole, I think a progressive attitude towards them except maybe in some of the more rural areas. I am as fearful as anyone about another mass scale outbreak but I see this as a big nothing burger really. It's an outdoor venue with the overwhelming majority being fully vaxxed. I think Manitoba's restrictions were as harsh as anywhere in Canada, and I strongly believe that Public Health would not allow this if it were a high risk move. Should another wave of pandemic hit hard then I believe the Bombers would do what is right.

100% agree with this take. 

Looks royal blue. Which I like. I’m guessing they’ll do a bit of a lightning thing or the old school yellow football under the w. Could be a plane or something tho, which could be cool. But I hope they integrate lightning. I hated those dark blues 90s to 2015. But many fans are nostalgic for them I hear. 

1 hour ago, Letsgobomberspodcast said:

Looks royal blue. Which I like. I’m guessing they’ll do a bit of a lightning thing or the old school yellow football under the w. Could be a plane or something tho, which could be cool. But I hope they integrate lightning. I hated those dark blues 90s to 2015. But many fans are nostalgic for them I hear. 

I could see them doing the same template as their away jersey with gold instead of white. A wild guess, based off nothing of course.

I’d personally like to see an 80s era styled away jersey without the blue shoulders, using the thicker royal collar trim.

Using old gold instead of the tannish shade they use now would complete a cool look as well. 

On 2022-04-25 at 10:27 AM, bigg jay said:

They should just scrap the fan event and unveil the jersey.  It went from an indoor event with Grey Cup/Player pictures to sitting outdoors in the rain to watch see the jersey and watch a video.  With the weather we've had and more rain expected for the 28th - no thanks!

FYI the event has been moved inside to the Pinnacle Club for tomorrow for all those Karen’s who are made of sugar. 😁

17 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I could see them doing the same template as their away jersey with gold instead of white. A wild guess, based off nothing of course.

I’d personally like to see an 80s era styled away jersey without the blue shoulders, using the thicker royal collar trim.

Using old gold instead of the tannish shade they use now would complete a cool look as well. 

Give me the 80’s blue and gold striped socks as well and the football W shoulder logo. 

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Those new rules... 

2 QBs allowed on the field at the same time 

Hash marks. 

O starts at 40 

All no yards which the refs routinely **** up are 15 yards now. Wild 

Should have just made no yards an automatic 10, instead of 15. There’s going to still be a lot of ticky tack no yards calls and 15 for an accidental no yards seems to be a steep price. 

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

Should have just made no yards an automatic 10, instead of 15. There’s going to still be a lot of ticky tack no yards calls and 15 for an accidental no yards seems to be a steep price. 

What I like about the rule is that you're going to get better returns. And, a disciplined team, isn't going to get caught. 

Let's hope our discipline on special teams and our overall play on ST is better this year. 

On 2022-04-27 at 1:39 PM, BomberBall said:

I believe that’s what’s known in the biz, as a teaser.  😁

That isn't even a teaser. 

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

What I like about the rule is that you're going to get better returns. And, a disciplined team, isn't going to get caught. 

Let's hope our discipline on special teams and our overall play on ST is better this year. 

I don't like giving teams cheap yards. And this is exactly that. Cheap. Also, as I said before in windy conditions it isn't discipline that is the problem... it's the wind. All teams will get caught.