2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

7 hours ago, WildPath said:

Harris is the most complete back I've ever witnessed in the CFL and does the little things so well. He finds holes and is patient when they are developing, always falls forward to get the extra yards, a great leader on the team, an excellent blocker and you always see him talking to guys and getting them in the right positions. I noticed a big dip in all these intangibles when he was out of the lineup. He's not as fast as BO or JA, but I think this year he would still be a better RB.

I would love if he would come back with a few less touches and really try to help BO and JA gain some of the intangibles that he has. I'm not sure it would destroy the locker room - O'Shea is amazing at building that up, but I'm sure some players would get a hit of reality that careers are short and business means that sometimes a team turns their back on you, regardless of how tight knit the room is.

I know Harris was a big fan of Charles Roberts growing up. Hope he is thinking about how his career ended and our organization keeps that in mind too. Roberts wasn't half the team guy Harris is which would probably sting both sides even more if it ends the same way.

All that said, I can totally understand the team not wanting to pay him the amount he has been getting.

Trust me when I say this. Myself & a few others here have been watching the Bombers for decades. We've seen a lot of outstanding backs play for us over the years & we'll have others in the future. Harris is a great back & will go down as one of the Bombers best ever. Not the greatest but one of them.

We now have 3 young Canadians at running back & they need to play. Harris is breaking down physically at 35. He missed a substantial part of last season as well as a lot of practice time with injuries & maintenance days. You can't have one player not go through the drudgery & hard work of training camp & practices & then just be given back his starting spot on Game Day. That too, causes dissension when others at the same position do the work but don't play. It's time to pass the baton for the Bombers. If he has to go then he has to go. 

20 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Anyone else surprised Walters essentially chose Ellingson over Darvin? I cant imagine Darvin was asking for more than we gave Ellingson.

Ellingson is a very similar type receiver to Lawler so not surprised at all. As I said in another thread I think we may now work on getting another receiver and go 2 fo1 on what we would have had to pay Lawler.

35 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Anyone else surprised Walters essentially chose Ellingson over Darvin? I cant imagine Darvin was asking for more than we gave Ellingson.

Surprised, a little, but I think Walters saw this as an upgrade and went for it. I agree with him. I love this signing 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'd imagine a rookie like Jackson or similar takes Darvins spot. I read that bombers didn't make DA an offer.. wasnt in the plans. It's the reality of football. 

Adams was a go to target for Collaros for sure BUT there's others out there we could make a play for...Sad to see him go but that is the reality of football....

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Ultimately I think this comes down to age and the fact that Harris spent as much time being injured as he did playing. 

Bingo! 35 year old running backs, local or not, is not something you go over budget for, especially when they're showing signs of not being able to stay on the field anymore.

Doesn't mean there isn't respect or fond memories of the last number of seasons, but everyone has a shelf life regardless of their resume.

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

Surely you guys are going to retain BA? Unless he’s just asking for too much.

hes basically a done deal....but no need to rush it...dude will be out half the yr

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

so basically...Harris is the one stuck on his number.....and we did talk money