2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this regime has never overpaid for DTs..... they have confidence in their ability to recruit. 

Yeah mentioned that a day or so ago too.

We aren't going to pay big FA money to import DTs specifically. 

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

You noticed him freezing on the sidelines during the playoffs and looking pissed too hey? Lol.

Yeah but also if  you see his social media he is about that warm weather life.

He played College at Minnesota, grew up in Illinois (I think?).

I think he is done with it. 

I'm sad to be losing Darvin. My favorite current player. Comes up big when we needed it.

As far as Harris goes. No tarnish to the legacy unless he ends up in Saskatchewan. I couldn't bare that. Lol 

Lawler at 300 k blows, but see ya later. I just noticed grant hasn't been signed and that to me would be an under the radar big loss

36 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah mentioned that a day or so ago too.

We aren't going to pay big FA money to import DTs specifically. 

Yeah but also if  you see his social media he is about that warm weather life.

He played College at Minnesota, grew up in Illinois (I think?).

I think he is done with it. 

That would be funny if he had to play the Western Final here & it's minus 15 with a strong north wind. Stove plays in the CFL. The cold is part of the game up here. If he hates it  then sign with the NFL or USFL. 

Not going to bash any players who make a decision to (or are forced to) leave the Bombers.  Careers are short, money is money, cold is cold, opportunities abound etc.

Just happy that they delivered back to back championships and I wish them all well.

I still like the ones that stay more, though.

Edited by Wideleft

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I sure a decision isnt based on cold..and going to BC you gotta figure if u playing in playoffs next yr that you will be playing 2 cold weather playoff games if u wanna hit grey cup..then a cold weather grey cup game as they likely not hosting one...

I think he likes living in generally warmer weather. I don't think he is worried about playing a few games in the cold.

I think Sayles is the same way. 

"Money, as is often the case in professional sports, is also an issue. Harris warrants a salary much higher — around $160,000 per season — than the players Winnipeg has behind him. Winnipeg has already committed to Johnny Augustine and Brady Oliveira.

Oliveira’s signing, announced Monday, sealed in many people’s eyes the end of Harris’ run with the Bombers. Oliveira, also a Winnipegger, has been the starter-in-waiting behind Harris for a year now, with the torch poised to be passed on.

But there is another side to the argument: the potential cost of allowing Harris to walk.

For starters, his teammates want him back. There’s no doubt there has been a more vocal push by Bomber players in recent days, with some quietly voicing their displeasure over a a delay in getting a deal done with Harris. For a team that seemingly understands the importance of instilling a good culture, opting not to re-sign Harris appears to contradict that notion and leads to ruffled feathers."

Be aware, him leaving is a big hole in the locker room even if you believe you can replace his play (I need to see more evidence to believe he isn't still better than the other two right now, even at 35)

Edited by Geebrr

I was laughed at when I suggested that letting Harris walk would be the first domino in breaking up the team culture that they've worked so hard to build. The above article is further proof. If he's allowed to walk and there is unrest in the room....it's really really really bad for the present and the future. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was laughed at when I suggested that letting Harris walk would be the first domino in breaking up the team culture that they've worked so hard to build. The above article is further proof. If he's allowed to walk and there is unrest in the room....it's really really really bad for the present and the future. 

It has bothered me since it popped up. I am not cool with it. 

The message to the room is clear though: if we walk away from 33 we will walk away from anyone.

It isn't good.

160k for him next year is an impossible number. 

Players know the business side of the game tho too....this won't tear the culture apart ...the other guys didn't sign cause they thought AH was coming back..this is the crappy side of things.

They know if the economics don't work...they don't work...I'm not concerned about that...it's also on Harris to realize that he can't expect 200k ...185k...any more...I hope we make it work as he is still effective...but not if it means we can't grab a reciever and resign a Darby or pick up a Moncreif

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Players know the business side of the game tho too....this won't tear the culture apart ...the other guys didn't sign cause they thought AH was coming back..this is the crappy side of things.

They know if the economics don't work...they don't work...I'm not concerned about that...it's also on Harris to realize that he can't expect 200k ...185k...any more...I hope we make it work as he is still effective...but not if it means we can't grab a reciever and resign a Darby or pick up a Moncreif

I think they will move on if need be, but I truly think he is the heart of that room. 

We have the leaders to pick up the slack, but it will be a different feel at camp. 

Just worried that things go good until they don't. 

In that article above Hamilton confirmed what I suspected- Argos are kicking the tires on Harris. 

Would be s smart move by them. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I sure the Jeff's..biggie...big Stan...Rose and BA and guys like Demski and Woli will keep the room just fine ...I still think Harris will work out a 1 yr deal ..

Yeah, the guy's are there, it is just your best friend moving away when you are 12.