2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Why would wade be needed? Would Oshea have a better handle on things, player relationship wise.....and if for whatever reason THAT relationship was torn, why would the club even want to bring Harris back?

Made the point that there is business side of the team where Harris is responsible for a lot of the revenue and interest in the team. 

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Why would wade be needed? Would Oshea have a better handle on things, player relationship wise.....and if for whatever reason THAT relationship was torn, why would the club even want to bring Harris back?

Probably better to keep O’Shea at arms length. This is contract negotiations, all about dollars and cents. The head coach needs to motivate his player to play and fit whatever role is needed on the field, not to sign for less money off it. Keep that relationship strong on the field and let Walters/Miller take the heat and resentment for any alleged shortchanging in the boardroom. 

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

My guess would be the business side of things? If Harris is trying to make the best long-term financial decision for him, having someone who has become a business leader, turning his playing career in financial and critical success, he has few better role models. 

Harris has a lot to weigh right now but legacy matters. I'm not sure if leaving "hurts" his legacy though. And, Harris built a successful portfolio on his own. 

When fa opens tomorrow, I expect a few teams to come back down to earth on what they're willing to pay....Don't have to worry about the Huffer in Cal......he says all he can afford now is MacDonalds.....A lot of other clubs might be in the same boat after we've seen some crazy money being thrown around.....IF Lawler takes his offer ...can't see him not, I hope we are in on Ellingson.....and re-up Stove....Our D is our strength and losing Richardson won't be a good thing......After that it's anyone's guess what we're going to do tomorrow....Some will win....some will lose......but there's only one that can occupy the winners circle..

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Made the point that there is business side of the team where Harris is responsible for a lot of the revenue and interest in the team. 

Maybe before the Grey Cups, but now I believe the team could survive in keeping interest and gaining revenue without his image. They can plaster the reigning MOP on posters if they want, use Willie J as the charismatic face of the team, and sell Demski and Oliviera as the hometown heroes. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Maybe before the Grey Cups, but now I believe the team could survive in keeping interest and gaining revenue without his image. They can plaster the reigning MOP on posters if they want, use Willie J as the charismatic face of the team, and sell Demski and Oliviera as the hometown heroes. 

Not to mention the reigning league and grey cup MOP star quarterback. 

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I went and listened to the interview.

It was a completely off the cuff remark - Jeff can't believe that we wouldn't bring Andrew back - and said something like maybe Wade could come in and appeal for common sense to prevail. Jeff didn't specifically say talk to Harris to take less or talk to Walters to spend more, he was just grasping at straws to try and imagine how we can still make this work. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

My guess would be the business side of things? If Harris is trying to make the best long-term financial decision for him, having someone who has become a business leader, turning his playing career in financial and critical success, he has few better role models. 

Harris has a lot to weigh right now but legacy matters. I'm not sure if leaving "hurts" his legacy though. And, Harris built a successful portfolio on his own. 

I don’t think this hurts Harris’ legacy unless he burns bridges on his way out (rips the city like Brock or runs down the team like Mike Kelly after his first departure or Gerald Wilcox). Simply leaving for another team won’t damage him. Martin Brodeur left for a short stint in St. Louis and Michael Jordan went to Washington - neither of them were stained by that unsuccessful last act. Tom Brady went on and it only enhanced his legacy by winning elsewhere. Harris apparently wants to still play and the Bombers apparently want to save his salary for something else. Any fans who think that him going elsewhere damages his legacy are simply taking a page from the Boston butt-hurt fan playbook who whined about Brady’s retirement speech not giving enough credit to the Patriot organization, or giving any to the Bucs. Had nothing to really do with “legacy” and more to do with emotions and hurt feelings. 

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Not to mention the reigning league and grey cup MOP star quarterback. 

Yeah, (not to mention) him too. 😁

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I went and listened to the interview.

It was a completely off the cuff remark - Jeff can't believe that we wouldn't bring Andrew back - and said something like maybe Wade could come in and appeal for common sense to prevail. Jeff didn't specifically say talk to Harris to take less or talk to Walters to spend more, he was just grasping at straws to try and imagine how we can still make this work. 

Maybe Jeff could have convinced the media not to piss off Harris by excluding him from all-star and Schenley voting a few years back, since he’s so concerned about how to keep Andrew here. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Last I recall he got 150k a year but that was a while back I have no idea what he made in 21. 

I would say under 100k for sure. Walters doesn't like em but I'd do an incentive laden deal. If he regained his no1 production he should be paid as such. 

Agree. Maybe he needs to see the lack of market for his services. I could see plop throwing him 80 to 100k though. 

Borsa will be min and might be a pr guy. Seems like Harris might be gone. Gotta have atleast 2 nis and they require decent Pay. But if Harris comes back no contract is guaranteed you can easily trade Brady or augustine or cut one worst case. 

Aging vet wr with a dip in production that's the only way we sign em. 

Though the one from bc and dressler worked out OK atleast. 

Dressler when he played was okay but not great. He also missed more game with injuries than he played. Of course, we had LaPo running that stupid fly sweep with him & he got punished. 

23 hours ago, Booch said:

More i dissect things I think with BA prob out first 3rd of season he will be a easy resign as his money will be off the books.

I think we bring in either Darby or Moncreif for SAM...and Maston plays safety until BA back...he can do the same big hitting role...and he is a high 4.4's mid 4.5's speed guy..and is a true corner like BA was...and he prob woulda played last yr if it was a full 18 game sched...was practicing and I Seen him training and he looked just fine.

Mike Jones will peg in...expect him back..he may have had off season surgery too..so may lessen his cap hit a wee bit...

What's his speed after the achilles injury? 

Just now, Geebrr said:

I don't doubt it at all. 

I will be honest, I think he wants to play somewhere warm.

That is fine.

Yeah, I think we'll be ok there.

I'm most worried about BA's injury, but I guess we'll still get him back for the last half/play-offs. 

Other than that, I'm just hopeful that our scouts find us some good competition for WR and DB.