2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

well....guess we will see how much was Harris...and how much was the O-line he played with.....how they gonna stomach not calling him Android anymore?...lol

I would never thought that...but maybe wants to be close to his kid if he cant sign here....poor guy...shoulda went out better than finishing there

Wow, not even gone yet and already trying to find a way to diminish what he did here with the “maybe it was the o-line and not him ” angle, just because he may end up a Rider. Wonder when the PED Harris posts will start here If he goes over one province. 

We’ll see how it works out. Hate to see Harris go. He’s a great guy, great player, fantastic competitor. But at 35 years old and 11 years of a heavy work load.. you would have to think 2021 is a good indicator of how 2022 is going to go health wise. He literally couldn’t practise this year. I wish him all the luck in the world but I think if they go that route they better be prepared to see a lot of Kiernen Lafrance in the back field. 

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wow, not even gone yet and already trying to find a way to diminish what he did here with the “maybe it was the o-line and not him ” angle, just because he may end up a Rider. Wonder when the PED Harris posts will start here If he goes over one province. 

not diminishing anything....he did a lot here...but any back will struggle with a crap o-line, and same thing would be said if he went back to vancouver...or to edmonton...3 teams with poor olines...dont try to spin this into a narrative that anyone is attacking cause he may be a Rider...and if anyone on here was more supportive of Harris....especially with the ped allegations than me....point me to them..I was the one with facts on the substance...why it isnt a choice in season for a football player....let alone a skilled position player...based on my knowledge and experience with the stuff when I played...gimme a break dude

And "if" we resigned him I would have said hopefully its in a rotation/limited role to preserve him....not a slight of any kind..just the facts for a 35 yr old RB....He was lucky here last 2 seasons running behind a line that allowed him 80 percent of time to get to second level untouched...wont happen in Green....

Edited by Booch

It makes the most sense for Harris and BC. Someone also mentioned Irons is from BC and a FA.

If he has to leave. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I don't see how the Elks make any sense either. They have their starter and a solid back up who imo should be their starter over Wilder.

Wilder is an easy cut. 

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I don't know...his 1st year and bit here weren't exactly stellar...coincidently our Oline also sucked then. When our Oline started to come together, Harris took off. It really does need to be both, not one or the other...unless you have a guy like Charles Roberts :) 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think any talk of the Riders is mostly to drive up the price elsewhere.

I truly cannot see him going there.

Can't see why the Elks would be interested in Harris at all,, they've re-signed Wilder and they already have the little buzz-bomb Walter Fletcher under contract for another year, which gives them a very strong backfield.

Just now, JCon said:

If AH ends up in Saskatchewan, he's going to be reminded really quickly that a good oline is key. I wonder how Maas would fit him in? I guess catching lots of dink and dunks from CoFaj. 

Maas doesn't use RBs to run. So lots of blocking and suicide passes from Faj on the run

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

They just resigned him. I don't think they're in a spot to spend money for fun.

What is spending money for fun? 

7 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Dear Mr. Harris:

Please demand a large signing bonus from the Riders and retire the next day like a certain QB once did. 

-Bomber Fans

Careful. If you are wishing for karmic payback, remember that the botched Durant move freed up the cash to pick up Adam Bighill in the end. I would hate to see a similar karmic end result for the Riders just for us to have a short term laugh. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Maas doesn't use RBs to run. So lots of blocking and suicide passes from Faj on the run

this...they would have to toally revamp their philosophy....or basically waste money on him as nothing more than a 10 time a game runner, and getting lambasted on Faj dumps...and less touches for Spitty

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Careful. If you are wishing for karmic payback, remember that the botched Durant move freed up the cash to pick up Adam Bighill in the end. I would hate to see a similar karmic end result for the Riders just for us to have a short term laugh. 

I know it ended up working out very well in the long run. But that can’t happen like that again….can it 😆

hmmm...moving on from harris....and adams.....theres overt 300k of unaccounted salary there from last year....maybe we do come in with a 225..250k deal for Lawler....the fact he hasnt accepted any of those deals yet says more than it doesnt....would I like that..no...but maybe it is what it is now salary wise

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

hmmm...moving on from harris....and adams.....theres overt 300k of unaccounted salary there from last year....maybe we do come in with a 225..250k deal for Lawler....the fact he hasnt accepted any of those deals yet says more than it doesnt....would I like that..no...but maybe it is what it is now salary wise

Doesn’t really say a whole lot given that the legal tampering period is over 

Just now, Mike said:

Doesn’t really say a whole lot given that the legal tampering period is over 

yeah but if they dont agree on an offer....it's gone after the 48 team exclusive period is over...teams may not have that money left to spend after free agency opens is my suggestion...so they could miss out totally....so maybe tomorrow when our window opens..Lawler is waiting to hear our pitch??...who knows

Maybe Walters bindsides us all an lands Stove/Moncreif and Darby and we get a Value WR to compete with TC comers 

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't know...his 1st year and bit here weren't exactly stellar...coincidently our Oline also sucked then. When our Oline started to come together, Harris took off. It really does need to be both, not one or the other...unless you have a guy like Charles Roberts :) 

Harris’ 2016 season was pretty stellar. Only a 3 game injury, and not the o-line, kept him from the rushing title, and he got more touches as a receiver those first two years, which would also keep his running numbers down. You are right that both elements are important, but Harris should not be viewed as being the beneficiary of a good line and otherwise only so-so, IMO.