2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yea...I don't think SAM is a position a team needs to spend big money on especially teams like us that use it almost exclusively as an extra DB.

I know there are tons of Stove fans in our fan base but I still maintain we will be just fine with Sayles and Wicker/Walker.

I have been saying it for awhile. We don't spend on Import DTs, and Sayles is legit. The guys we have have shown well and we can recruit this problem away. 

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Darby was obviously excellent, but we have had success filling it lately (Gaitor, Maston, Darby). 

Confident we can find another. 

Maston will be back......how well he has recovered from his achilles will be key,,,,That was the reason we went out and got Darby cuz he couldn't go////We should have a 'just in case' in mind just in case

Just now, Stickem said:

Maston will be back......how well he has recovered from his achilles will be key,,,,That was the reason we went out and got Darby cuz he couldn't go////We should have a 'just in case' in mind just in case

he is fine....if last year was a 18 game plus playoff sched....he most likely woulda have been back...he was already practicing a bit

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I know there are tons of Stove fans in our fan base but I still maintain we will be just fine with Sayles and Wicker/Walker.

Everything comes with a trade-off. I'm sure Walters would have signed Stove in a heartbeat if the price was right. Have to build a complete team, under the cap*, so decisions have to be made. 

* Applies to some but not all teams. 

to be honest...I dont really see a drop off anywhere...nor any loss being greatly missed...the Sentimental part with Harris and Adams..true warriors and guys who were here from bad...and brought us back to the top...and deep down I sure didntt wanna leave...but thats sports....always will be...guys gotta be let go eventually

Curious tho if we find out the gap in salary with Harris want...and our give

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

He doesn't resign if he does not believe in O'Rouke. 

As a former quarterback I wish him all the best luck in the world! I hope he makes it and paves the way for young players coming up. I switched to running back when I was 14 because I thought it as my best chance at a scholarship and to continue to play football football after high school. Hopefully he can break some barriers and we’ll see more Canadian quarterbacks in the future. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

The thing about O'Rouke is he has the similar path that most of the current CFL quarterbacks have taken in the CFL. Had a very successful NCCA career at Ohio and led them to 3 bowl game victories. Its not like the Canadian QB's of the past.

This is the model that the NFL has. Get a good young QB and put lots of talent around him, while he's cheap. He doesn't need to be Collaros to have success. The playmakers will make plays. 

8 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Just for fun, I am going to say I hope we see an Ellingston signing and the signing of a defender who is a surprise but in a we got that dude too way.

Ellingson is signed!!! He catches everything thrown at him. Great signing. Why we let darvin go is a headscratcher. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

This is the model that the NFL has. Get a good young QB and put lots of talent around him, while he's cheap. He doesn't need to be Collaros to have success. The playmakers will make plays. 

He needs blocking help as well. That line was terrible. I don't see a massive upgrade. None of the guys playing OL could start here.

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

to be honest...I dont really see a drop off anywhere...nor any loss being greatly missed...the Sentimental part with Harris and Adams..true warriors and guys who were here from bad...and brought us back to the top...and deep down I sure didntt wanna leave...but thats sports....always will be...guys gotta be let go eventually

Curious tho if we find out the gap in salary with Harris want...and our give

Alden Darby is a big loss for our secondary. 

As it stands right now:

Out:
Adams         - OTT
Alford           - NFL
Antigha        - EDM
Darby          - OTT
Harris          - TOR
Jones           - MTL
Kongbo        - NFL
Lawler         - EDM
Richardson   - BC

That's a ton of talent and more losses to come.

In:
Ellingson

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

As it stands right now:

Out:
Adams         - OTT
Alford           - NFL
Antigha        - EDM
Darby          - OTT
Harris          - TOR
Jones           - MTL
Kongbo        - NFL
Lawler         - EDM
Richardson   - BC

In:
Ellingson

Pretty much to be expected when you're back-to-back champs. Eight starters from 2021 gone shouldn't be shocking considering what some teams were offering these players in terms of money.

On paper, the roster is worse but that doesn't necessarily stand for much at this point in the off-season. It is what it is.

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

As it stands right now:

Out:
Adams         - OTT
Alford           - NFL
Antigha        - EDM
Darby          - OTT
Harris          - TOR
Jones           - MTL
Kongbo        - NFL
Lawler         - EDM
Richardson   - BC

In:
Ellingson

Add - Starter Desjarlais to NFL and reserve Nelson to Edm as well... There are some adequate replacements, but I do agree that's a ton of talent. Hopefully it all comes together by Oct/Nov of this year.