2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

What did Woli sign for? Who offered him 20k more? From what I understand he signed as soon as we offered him a contract and that the deal was quite friendly to the club. Couture got 200k. That's market value....but again....no offers by anyone. To say they stayed for exactly 20k less is 100% pure speculation on your part.

I hope so.

retweeted it as well....so I see that as positive

28 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Actually I'm saying Woli and Couture took $20K less and that Bighill is the outlier. 

Let's just for fun say that your 20k theory is correct, even though it probably is much too simplistic to put the same $ value on every FA....but this is for fun. We don't need to offer Lawler a 230k contract to beat the BC offer. 

BC offer...250k + 0 playoff dollars = 250k

Winnipeg....200k + 30k playoff money = 230k

250k-230k = 20k

...and 3DN stated that they think playoff money is actually going up over that this year.

There....you happy?

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Let's just for fun say that your 20k theory is correct, even though it probably is much too simplistic to put the same $ value on every FA....but this is for fun. We don't need to offer Lawler a 230k contract to beat the BC offer. 

BC offer...250k + 0 playoff dollars = 250k

Winnipeg....200k + 30k = 230k

250k-230k = 20k

There....you happy?

I think that’s very accurate, tbh.

I just don’t want to drop that on a WR.

“From Day 1, before I left, I told Coach O’Shea, I told Richie (Hall, defensive coordinator), I was telling everybody that I wanted to come back,” Rose said Wednesday in a conference call with local media from his offseason home in Los Angeles. “So, the process was pretty much me being patient and just seeing where the pieces fall. I was waiting for my time and waiting for when they were going to offer me.”

Ezekiel-Rose-50-C-1600x1067.jpg

“When Kyle (Walters, Blue Bombers GM) hit my agent and sent him an offer I told my agent I’m good with the offer, there’s just some things I want to switch around. Other than that, I was good with my offer, and I already knew I was coming back to Winnipeg.”

19 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

“From Day 1, before I left, I told Coach O’Shea, I told Richie (Hall, defensive coordinator), I was telling everybody that I wanted to come back,” Rose said Wednesday in a conference call with local media from his offseason home in Los Angeles. “So, the process was pretty much me being patient and just seeing where the pieces fall. I was waiting for my time and waiting for when they were going to offer me.”

Ezekiel-Rose-50-C-1600x1067.jpg

“When Kyle (Walters, Blue Bombers GM) hit my agent and sent him an offer I told my agent I’m good with the offer, there’s just some things I want to switch around. Other than that, I was good with my offer, and I already knew I was coming back to Winnipeg.”

He didn't have his agent phone every team in the league to see if they would offer 21k more than the Bombers? Weird.....I was told that's how it works.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Thats an awesome get. Love those orange jerseys and the one Off logo

Yeah they are really nice. I was trying to get Alford originally but ended up getting Darby. Surprisingly the jersey barely fits me and I am not a very big guy. So I have no idea how he fit that on over pads. Dude must be tiny!

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He didn't have his agent phone every team in the league to see if they would offer 21k more than the Bombers? Weird.....I was told that's how it works.

Certain Jeffcoat and Biggie both could have pulled in 30k or more each if they wanted to consider offers, I bet Yosh coulda got 10 to 15k more, based on Davis offer Willie J coulda probably added 10..15k to his 225k deal, and I sure Neuf and Gray coulda left and got an easy 10..15k more elsewhere if they really wanted to

So based on those guys alone, Woli(maybe 10k elsewhere..maybe more) and Couture's 20k he left on table...u can say conservatively we have saved around i bet 145k in sms....and who knows what we could have saved on some of the other signings....145k...can go a long way in nice bumps for a few guys, or toward one big splash...we doin aight soley based on the culture here and guys willing to stay for less

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Darby has been all over Twitter each time someone is re-upped. I'm confident that Walters and Darby will find a mutually agreeable price for his services. 

Yep.  After GC, he's talked about his initial feelings around the time of the trade and how they've changed as he got to see what we have going on here.   He knows where he wants to be, it's just a matter of getting it done.