2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I didn't like it....he gets SO AMPED UP that he's garbled, and then he really actually didn't describe the play! He was talking about the snap, and then next thing he's *GARBLED SCREAMING* IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER! YOU'LL NEVER SEE THAT AGAIN!!   Like, what the **** actually happened, as it was happening? 

Where does Nielson fit into this conversation? Rod Smith was calling the play.

5 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Yup. Very bare bones, cold as ****, no protection at all from the weather. The actual bowl is ok. Everything around it is dirty and looks like they are not maintaining the stadium at all. The bathrooms look like Canad Ins bathrooms.

I am glad they have a new stadium, and they do seem to care.

The stadium was very disappointing.

They barely got it built. It was going to be bigger & a lot nicer until the City of Hamilton & the Ontario government got into a dispute with Bob Young. I don't think he wanted it built where it is but the provincial govt also tied a bunch of conditions to be met before it was built for the Pan Am Games. It was scaled back. 

Marshall Ferguson on Winnipeg Sports Talk saying he doesn't care who wins.

Yeah...

Ok

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

They barely got it built. It was going to be bigger & a lot nicer until the City of Hamilton & the Ontario government got into a dispute with Bob Young. I don't think he wanted it built where it is but the provincial govt also tied a bunch of conditions to be met before it was built for the Pan Am Games. It was scaled back. 

No real excuse to not take care of it. 

It looks like it is deteriorating after 7 years.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

the more I watch those highlights the more I think Bart Kives is right and Serge should have been MVP last night...

That 45 yarder to put the bombers ahead… I could sworn he was wearing #9 on that one

29 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

O'Shea going around congratulating every player after the game.  What a guy, what a coach.

Sometimes you see on coach on the stage accepting the trophy… O’Shea just stood on the ground with his family and watched his players celebrate… like a proud father. 

21 minutes ago, bearpants said:

That 45 yarder to put the bombers ahead… I could sworn he was wearing #9 on that one

Sometimes you see on coach on the stage accepting the trophy… O’Shea just stood on the ground with his family and watched his players celebrate… like a proud father. 

Well I mean it is his 6th one so he’s probably getting tired of having to go up on stage 🤣

Almost 24 hours has past and I’m still giddy thinking about the ending. 

In recent memory no better Monday at the office comes to mind. (Yes I showered and didn’t arrive wearing the same jersey all night)

It’s been a great season on the forum. Thanks to @Booch, @Noeller and the rest of the guys that post daily. I don’t post often but I try and read it all. Whenever you guys are in town let me know, first round on me. 

6 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And just as a reminder that I know you don’t need reminding,  once you pick up all your Bomber swag and take it back here to Alberta please do your best John Travolta strut in wearing it wherever you go. Trust me you’ll make tons of friends here in Elk and Stamp land.

I'll be having tons of fun wearing my 2021 Grey Cup Champions cap at next year's Stamps/Bombers game... after that nothing loss to end the regular season, some drunken ass waiting for the C-Train kept crowing about how they were going to knock off the Riders, then come into IG Field and trounce the Bombers too. Revenge is a dish best served cold 😝

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

Almost 24 hours has past and I’m still giddy thinking about the ending. 

In recent memory no better Monday at the office comes to mind. (Yes I showered and didn’t arrive wearing the same jersey all night)

It’s been a great season on the forum. Thanks to @Booch, @Noeller and the rest of the guys that post daily. I don’t post often but I try and read it all. Whenever you guys are in town let me know, first round on me. 

I always in town....I moved back here in 2006 lol

Rewatching that 4th quarter...Woli was huge...his catches and blocking

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hey @JohnnyAbonny your Uncle would have been very proud of his beloved team last night. I was thinking about him after the game. 

Thanks, I know Uncle “Slug” and my Grandfather would have been thrilled. 

I got to watch back to back Grey Cups with my Dad, which was pretty special. 
Dad played and coached HS and Junior ball. 

He’d take me to games starting when I was around 6 (I’m 34 now) We’d watch with binoculars and he would patiently explain exactly what each position on the field was doing, what they should be doing. How to tell if they’re moving properly, and how to watch a play develop. 
After watching, or at least talking about every Bomber game for nearly 30 years, all the ups and (mostly) downs of Bomber football, both probably getting too emotionally invested. Both nearly swearing off the team after our respective worst times at the stadium (Him the 87 East final, me many, but the 03 West semi specifically) 

The 19 GC was special, but so surreal I can barely remember it. 
This year we’ve had a pretty tough go, including, which I haven’t shared on here and can still barely come to terms with myself the loss of my 3 week old (twin) daughter in September. 
To be able to see the huge smile on my Dads face while he proudly held his surviving granddaughter on his lap last night, watching his team, his fathers team, our team, win their second cup in a row was an all time great visual. 

I can’t describe how much this season in general has been a welcome momentary distraction for 3 hours out of every week. 

13 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

This year we’ve had a pretty tough go, including, which I haven’t shared on here and can still barely come to terms with myself the loss of my 3 week old (twin) daughter in September. 
To be able to see the huge smile on my Dads face while he proudly held his surviving granddaughter on his lap last night, watching his team, his fathers team, our team, win their second cup in a row was an all time great visual. 

Our hearts go out to you for your loss.  I can't imagine.  I'm glad that you were able to get some comfort last night, that makes this win even more special for me.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, who do the Cats keep?

They should keep Evans but they won't. I actually think they might blow it up. I bet they go hard after collaros. Missing on him I think they go in a whole other direction. 

If they keep one it'd be Masoli but I think Hamilton is getting blown up. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

In what way?

I don't know how to describe it. They aren't bad fans (stealing my flag aside). Met some really nice people there. 

It is just the vibe we got. Bomber games are hostile but it feels like a party (obviously I am the home fan there). Their vibe feels mad, even in a Grey Cup at home.

The female fans were more angry and aggressive than I have ever encountered at other places. Maybe that was the difference.