2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm really hoping there'll be some kinda get together with the cup over the Christmas/New Year break. I'm gonna be home from the 28th to the new year and will be dropping way too much cash at the Bombers store...

And just as a reminder that I know you don’t need reminding,  once you pick up all your Bomber swag and take it back here to Alberta please do your best John Travolta strut in wearing it wherever you go. Trust me you’ll make tons of friends here in Elk and Stamp land.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

If Rose is trying to make a catch, he's bring his other hand around and trying to roll his body to grab. If he's just trying to kill it, he's pushing it down. 

Nope, he's definitely scooping it up and adjusting his body to push it to Wilson. 

No question. Think of it this way, if this was volleyball he would have been called for carry ball. But it’s not volleyball. What a pro play to get it to his teammate on purpose.

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Amazing to look back and see some pretty huge clutch plays last night, even prior to the 4th quarter comeback and OT heroics.

What an entertaining game!

I can honestly say, and let me tell you it has not always been the case, I knew without a doubt we could still win this game when the chips were down. That’s how special this team is. Here’s hoping for back to back to back.

44 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Amazing to look back and see some pretty huge clutch plays last night, even prior to the 4th quarter comeback and OT heroics.

What an entertaining game!

The best part of the highlight video. Suitor only speaks 5 times (just barely) in 14min. That’s the way it should be :)

TSN botched the ending for sure. Watching the interception live last night I didn't even celebrate, I thought Rose may have had it touch the turf. Everybody on the field was going nuts and I was waiting for the replay...

Don't know how they weren't ready for some big play (from either team) that deep into overtime.

5 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

TSN botched the ending for sure. Watching the interception live last night I didn't even celebrate, I thought Rose may have had it touch the turf. Everybody on the field was going nuts and I was waiting for the replay...

Don't know how they weren't ready for some big play (from either team) that deep into overtime.

Were you listening to the game broadcast?  Rod Smith announced the interception immediately and said "it's over" within the next second, he never questioned it's validity.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Were you listening to the game broadcast?  Rod Smith announced the interception immediately and said "it's over" within the next second, he never questioned it's validity.

Yes I was, but again from that first glimpse I wasn't 100% confident. The camera angle was hard to tell if there was air under the ball/hand. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

the more I watch those highlights the more I think Bart Kives is right and Serge should have been MVP last night...

We crap on Speedy B a lot here (and rightly so) but on that Darby INT he reacted quickly to tackle Darby, otherwise Darby was gone for a pick six.  Speedy at least contributed something to the game there.

26 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Nielson had a great call

I didn't like it....he gets SO AMPED UP that he's garbled, and then he really actually didn't describe the play! He was talking about the snap, and then next thing he's *GARBLED SCREAMING* IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER! YOU'LL NEVER SEE THAT AGAIN!!   Like, what the **** actually happened, as it was happening? 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I didn't like it....he gets SO AMPED UP that he's garbled, and then he really actually didn't describe the play! He was talking about the snap, and then next thing he's *GARBLED SCREAMING* IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER! YOU'LL NEVER SEE THAT AGAIN!!   Like, what the **** actually happened, as it was happening? 

Yeah, but that was verbatim what I said so I appreciate it.

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Agreed. At first I thought he grabbed face mask but he just had his hand on the side of Evans head. That play already had a rtp it's not like they could've thrown the same flag again lol. 

If Evans stays in the Bombers cruise to a win. Masoli was a game changer. But he still went full Masoli in the end. 

So, who do the Cats keep?

54 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

On the game ending INT, 100% deliberate by Rose to deflect to Wilson, and that play belongs right up there in top Grey Cup plays right with Eddie Brown in 96.

TSN totally botched that play, took forever for a replay, kept showing closeups of Ticats.

I’ve been so caught up in feeling good about the game I never even thought about that. No real time accolades, no nothing for such a special play and the timing of it, I.e to end the game in ot and win the Grey Cup.