2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm really hoping there'll be some kinda get together with the cup over the Christmas/New Year break. I'm gonna be home from the 28th to the new year and will be dropping way too much cash at the Bombers store...

In the spring of 2020, I was fishing on my dock at my cottage listening to the local radio station and they announced the Grey Cup was in Thompson at the rec centre and come on by. I jumped in my truck and 20 minutes later I got a cool picture of myself and Shayne Gauthier with the Cup. Hope they take it out on the road again.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I don't know how to describe it. They aren't bad fans (stealing my flag aside). Met some really nice people there. 

It is just the vibe we got. Bomber games are hostile but it feels like a party (obviously I am the home fan there). Their vibe feels mad, even in a Grey Cup at home.

The female fans were more angry and aggressive than I have ever encountered at other places. Maybe that was the difference. 

Sorry to hear you had a tough time, and that your flag got pinched. All the fans I encountered (and it was about 95% Tiger-Cat fans) were pretty pleasant and welcoming. I got the odd boo of course for my Bomber attire, but I just responded by saying at least I wasn’t an Argo fan and that got a smile every time. I always remind myself that in enemy territory you are vastly outnumbered, so some praise and thanks (even if phony and insincere) keeps the wolves at bay. If I am invited to someone’s house for dinner, I don’t piss on the rug and complain about the food. Now, my section had a larger contingent of Bomber fans (sat right in front of Mike O’Shea’s mom) so that may have played into it. 

All that said, I was amazed after the game how gracious their fans were in defeat. After 4 losses in 8 years and losing that lead in my home barn and losing in OT, not sure I could have been so congratulatory in that scenario like Cats’ fans were to me. 

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Sorry to hear you had a tough time, and that your flag got pinched. All the fans I encountered (and it was about 95% Tiger-Cat fans) were pretty pleasant and welcoming. I got the odd boo of course for my Bomber attire, but I just responded by saying at least I wasn’t an Argo fan and that got a smile every time. I always remind myself that in enemy territory you are vastly outnumbered, so some praise and thanks (even if phony and insincere) keeps the wolves at bay. If I am invited to someone’s house for dinner, I don’t piss on the rug and complain about the food. Now, my section had a larger contingent of Bomber fans (sat right in front of Mike O’Shea’s mom) so that may have played into it. 

All that said, I was amazed after the game how gracious their fans were in defeat. After 4 losses in 8 years and losing that lead in my home barn and losing in OT, not sure I could have been so congratulatory in that scenario like Cats’ fans were to me. 

I didn't say they were bad fans, or that we were treated overly bad. In fact I said we met some great people. We were not antagonistic with anybody, and the subtle suggestion that we were is way off. 

I said it was a weird vibe, and for us it was. It was great that you were sorrounded by other Bomber fans, we weren't. So that may explain the different vibe. 

I am not "'pissing on their rug" but you do what you do here. 

16 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah, but that was verbatim what I said so I appreciate it.

Hey Argo's and your three fans, did you enjoy watching the game because that's the closest you'll come to it.

Hate the Ticat puttycats but this isn't much a burn from the argoblows. Go sit on the sidelines where you're use to being.

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Hey Argo's and your three fans, did you enjoy watching the game because that's the closest you'll come to it.

Hate the Ticat puttycats but this isn't much a burn from the argoblows. Go sit on the sidelines where you're use to being.

Toronto and Ottawa’s Twitter feeds are just cringingly awful. 

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Let's not rip on Argo fans as much.

It is honestly impossible to be a fan there.

apparently the streaming numbers were WAY up this year, countering the traditional cable broadcast numbers being down. All in all, decent news for the league to wrap this season. Here's hoping we're able to ride out Omicron, and have a safe and healthy 2022 season! 

Anyone else find it a little odd that there’s barely been an interview, reaction, quote or anything from the Ticats players? Nationally, or even in the Hamilton Spec for that matter. 

It’s not like “oh everyone’s against the Bombers wah wah” but is it off base to suggest that some of the media outside MB possibly got a little chapped that the ending didn’t fit their preconceived narrative? 

Or was it just a matter of their club not having players available to the media? 

2 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Michael Gray's interception was pretty awesome in '88

that was luck....a deflected ball that fell into his arms. Rosie grabbing a deflected ball with his left hand and tossing it to Kyrie is an athletic feat I've never seen while watching CFL football. Beyond incredible. 

Just now, Noeller said:

that was luck....a deflected ball that fell into his arms. Rosie grabbing a deflected ball with his left hand and tossing it to Kyrie is an athletic feat I've never seen while watching CFL football. Beyond incredible. 

Right place at the right time for both. Rose did a very heads up move though!

7 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Anyone else find it a little odd that there’s barely been an interview, reaction, quote or anything from the Ticats players? Nationally, or even in the Hamilton Spec for that matter. 

It’s not like “oh everyone’s against the Bombers wah wah” but is it off base to suggest that some of the media outside MB possibly got a little chapped that the ending didn’t fit their preconceived narrative? 

Or was it just a matter of their club not having players available to the media? 

Harrison Ford Who Gives A Shit GIF - Harrison Ford Who Gives A Shit Who  Cares - Discover & Share GIFs

Nobody wants to hear from losers.

30 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Harrison Ford Who Gives A Shit GIF - Harrison Ford Who Gives A Shit Who  Cares - Discover & Share GIFs

Nobody wants to hear from losers.

I want to revel in their misery! 

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I mean, it's gotta be the greatest play in Grey Cup history, right? 

Personally, without a doubt. 

Objectively it’s gotta be at least up there with Tony Gabriel’s Sask-beater, Eddie Brown’s shoe catch and Ploen’s run in OT. 

10 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I want to revel in their misery! 

Personally, without a doubt. 

Objectively it’s gotta be at least up there with Tony Gabriel’s Sask-beater, Eddie Brown’s shoe catch and Ploen’s run in OT. 

in all honesty....I don't see whats so great about the Gabriel play and why it's revered so much....pretty run of the mill TD catch...