2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Anyone else find it a little odd that there’s barely been an interview, reaction, quote or anything from the Ticats players? Nationally, or even in the Hamilton Spec for that matter. 

It’s not like “oh everyone’s against the Bombers wah wah” but is it off base to suggest that some of the media outside MB possibly got a little chapped that the ending didn’t fit their preconceived narrative? 

Or was it just a matter of their club not having players available to the media? 

Here you go Johnny:

AAROUJt.img?h=600&w=797&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=521&y=157

Does that make you feel better?

Pain lingers for Hamilton Tiger-Cats after overtime loss to Winnipeg in Grey Cup (msn.com)

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

in all honesty....I don't see whats so great about the Gabriel play and why it's revered so much....pretty run of the mill TD catch...

It happened far before my time so I never really got the big deal either.  I just mentioned it in there cause it’s been shown 19 million times, and Saskatchewan loses. 

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

"I'm sick to my stomach," Banks said. "I don't know, it's hard to put into words. It's a sick feeling. Obviously the only thing that can heal this is time."😂 

At least for his sake, this time his stomach doesn’t hurt from Mike Jones giving him a hernia. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Was it mentioned that the players were singing the "O'Shea, O’Shea O’Shea, O’Sheaaaa" song in the locker room after the game?

Awesome 

I saw a clip of that from both championships and it’s freakin awesome.  Stuck in Alberta but I hope tomorrow night IGF belts out  🎶O’Sheaaa O’Shea O’Shea O’Sheaaaaa 🎶

Edited by BigBlueFanatic
Hyper fat thumbs

1 minute ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

I saw a clip of that from both championships and it’s freakin awesome.  Stuck in Alberta but I hope tomorrow night IGF belts out  🎶O’Sheaaa O’Shea O’Shea O’Sheaaaaa 🎶

I saw a clip of that from both championships and it’s freakin awesome.  Stuck in Alberta but I hope tomorrow night IGF belts out O’Sheaaa O’Shea O’Shea O’Sheaaaaa 

Yeah,we get it. ;)

On 2021-12-12 at 10:32 AM, JohnnyAbonny said:

**** ‘em. I spent 30 years watching **** like that happen to the Bombers. Time for the tables to turn for a few years. 

Yep. No sympathy. Like Kevin Glenn breaking his arm in the Eastern Final. Then a hapless Ryan Dinwiddie takes over. Rider fans laughing at us. I love the pain we've inflicted on other fanbases. Revenge is sweet!

13 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I don't know how to describe it. They aren't bad fans (stealing my flag aside). Met some really nice people there. 

It is just the vibe we got. Bomber games are hostile but it feels like a party (obviously I am the home fan there). Their vibe feels mad, even in a Grey Cup at home.

That's interesting. Twenty two years without a championship affects the psychy of a fanbase, Look at us before we won in 2019. 

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yep. No sympathy. Like Kevin Glenn breaking his arm in the Eastern Final. Then a hapless Ryan Dinwiddie takes over. Rider fans laughing at us. I love the pain we've inflicted on other fanbases. Revenge is sweet!

Kevin Glenn’s arm, Dunnigan’s pass off the upright, Khari getting driven into the turf. Nate Davis pantomiming taking a piss on our logo and that godforsaken boat..

I don’t feel bad for any other CFL fanbase ever. Everyone else can suck an egg. 

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's interesting. Twenty two years without a championship affects the psychy of a fanbase, Look at us before we won in 2019. 

Yeah, I don't know. 

Like I say, met some really nice folks there. Several went out of their way to congratulate our team after. 

Never felt "in danger" or anything. Just felt weird at the time. 

They definitely care about their team. 

They really hate the Argos.

Hamiltonians seem like good people.

I am not trying to slag them.

Edited by Geebrr

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah, I don't know. 

Like I say, met some really nice folks there. Several went out of their way to congratulate our team after. 

Never felt "in danger" or anything. Just felt weird at the time. 

They definitely care about their team. 

They really hate the Argos.

Interesting for sure. I haven’t been to any sporting events since before the pandemic. I wonder how the general atmosphere in the world these days contributes to a crowd psyche like that? 
Public places definitely have a more tense air about them the last couple years 

29 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Interesting for sure. I haven’t been to any sporting events since before the pandemic. I wonder how the general atmosphere in the world these days contributes to a crowd psyche like that? 
Public places definitely have a more tense air about them the last couple years 

Yeah that may have been part of it + the drought. 

The guy beside me definitely did not understand the masking required part of attending.

We had to remind ourselves proof of vax was required to get in.

Edited by Geebrr

Luc Mullinder (of all people for several reasons) made a good observation about the block Harris made on Davis that allowed Collaros to find Adams for the OT TD. 

LM pointed out that HAM brought 5, moved Davis over Couture. Davis beat Couture pretty clean and Harris read and reacted beautifully.

LM may have stole that take from someone else, but he was the first I heard point it out.

13 hours ago, Booch said:

in all honesty....I don't see whats so great about the Gabriel play and why it's revered so much....pretty run of the mill TD catch...

I think it was the part about Saskatchewan losing on the last play (was it? memory foggy). I was in high school at the time and even non football fans talked about it the next day.

But yes it was just an over the shoulder catch. You have to remember back in the day we couldn't afford one those flashy directed tip ball plays we had run of the mill plays and we liked it. 

14 hours ago, Booch said:

I think the myth of Gabriel plays a lot into it. He was “the guy” in the league at that point, best player, Canadian to boot. Everyone in the entire stadium knew the pass was going to go to him and only him before the snap, it was the only chance Ottawa had to pull the game out, and there he is wide open beating a certain double or triple coverage. Imagine if in 2007 Dinwiddie’s final INT is instead a pass over the top to Stegall who gets behind cover to win the game in the final 20 seconds. A legendary finish by a legendary player, even if the play itself looks routine, the timing of it makes it special. That’s what I always remember hearing about that play from those who anoint it as great. Another example is Paul Henderson. Really a garbage goal from a stylistic perspective, but an all-time great moment in sports history. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I think the myth of Gabriel plays a lot into it. He was “the guy” in the league at that point, best player, Canadian to boot. Everyone in the entire stadium knew the pass was going to go to him and only him before the snap, it was the only chance Ottawa had to pull the game out, and there he is wide open beating a certain double or triple coverage. Imagine if in 2007 Dinwiddie’s final INT is instead a pass over the top to Stegall who gets behind cover to win the game in the final 20 seconds. A legendary finish by a legendary player, even if the play itself looks routine, the timing of it makes it special. That’s what I always remember hearing about that play from those who anoint it as great. Another example is Paul Henderson. Really a garbage goal from a stylistic perspective, but an all-time great moment in sports history. 

Well said.