Biggest question coming out of Sundays win

Booch

29 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Biggest question to me: should we abolish video replay? If the command center can't be bothered to make an obvious call because they are afraid of the outcome, there is literally no point in even having one.

I'd prefer they tighten things up and at least get the easy calls right, but if they're going to be that bad I think you're right.

here's an idea....they should live stream the review on air, which would be easy, to see the discussion and the reasoning, instead of having idiots like Suitor try and analyze it, I guarantee that would eliminate the crappy calls, knowing the whole audience is watching...

44 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Biggest question to me: should we abolish video replay? If the command center can't be bothered to make an obvious call because they are afraid of the outcome, there is literally no point in even having one.

Agreed. Waste of time.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

here's an idea....they should live stream the review on air, which would be easy, to see the discussion and the reasoning, instead of having idiots like Suitor try and analyze it, I guarantee that would eliminate the crappy calls, knowing the whole audience is watching...

One of good things the XFL did.

The league should hire a review analyst who can provide actual insight to viewers, rather than have commentators do it. Suitor consistently lets his bias cloud the impartiality of his colour commentary.

It wouldn't be a difficult thing to add to game coverage, IMO.

29 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The league should hire a review analyst who can provide actual insight to viewers, rather than have commentators do it. Suitor consistently lets his bias cloud the impartiality of his colour commentary.

It wouldn't be a difficult thing to add to game coverage, IMO.

Even four stripes don't like him... 😂

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Anti-Rider bias😄

And this is why he, and the tall foreheads at TSN, think he's doing a great job. Because he's getting heat from "both sides", he figures he must be doing it perfectly down the middle. 

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

BTW IGF was deafening yesterday. If that was in Regina it would have been mentioned every play.

My voice is raw today...there was a lotta screaming in 227, along with many many cowbells and a couple of the plastic horns. Loud n proud, baby....

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And this is why he, and the tall foreheads at TSN, think he's doing a great job. Because he's getting heat from "both sides", he figures he must be doing it perfectly down the middle. 

My voice is raw today...there was a lotta screaming in 227, along with many many cowbells and a couple of the plastic horns. Loud n proud, baby....

I can barely talk today lol. So worth it!

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

100% about TSN and that place was rocking the whole time. Go watch the 2019 West Final. No comparison for noise.

49 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Hope the Bombers came out of this game healthy, I did see Harris hold his hand late in the game but he didn't look hampered when he was running around IGF with the Bomber flag

I didn’t see any significant injuries on either team (except for maybe a few hurt egos on the Rider side). Always amazing these guys can take hits like that in the cold and hit a frozen field and manage to pop back up. I get a paper cut and I’m out of commission for a week. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

My voice was shot by half time. The weight on my cowbell flew off the chain so I had to do something to make up for it. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

The noise....the electricity....the atmosphere....totally unmatched in this league....rewatching on T.V doesn't even do it justice, but still comes across as crazy loud

I forced myself to listen to the tail end of the Rider postgame show (620?) with Wes Cates, some irritant named "the professor" and "Ballsy" their bigmouthed nudnik host. Totally high school radio.

Anyway, the one thing that they agreed upon is that BB fans have overtaken (disputable) the Riders in terms of fan experience and fan reaction. I couldn't believe my ears, but they all agreed it was so and wondered how they could get that mojo back.

On a related note, Wpg. call-in folks are absolute MENSA members compared to the Sasky bunch.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost