Biggest question coming out of Sundays win

Booch

9 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I forced myself to listen to the tail end of the Rider postgame show (620?) with Wes Cates, some irritant named "the professor" and "Ballsy" their bigmouthed nudnik host. Totally high school radio.

Anyway, the one thing that they agreed upon is that BB fans have overtaken (disputable) the Riders in terms of fan experience and fan reaction. I couldn't believe my ears, but they all agreed it was so and wondered how they could get that mojo back.

On a related note, Wpg. call-in folks are absolute MENSA members compared to the Sasky bunch.

I couldn't believe how brutal their announcers/analysts/color guys were like Luc Mullinder on the few times I've listened to them. I actually think small town radio stations like Portage La Prairie are better than anything I've heard in Sask. 

Their media are lapdogs, and their "professionals" can't hold a freaking candle to anything I've heard in every other province. 

Edit: that being said, maybe it's better with Derek Taylor now. He's legit.

Edited by Dr Zaius

8 hours ago, Booch said:

here's an idea....they should live stream the review on air, which would be easy, to see the discussion and the reasoning, instead of having idiots like Suitor try and analyze it, I guarantee that would eliminate the crappy calls, knowing the whole audience is watching...

I watched the game from midway thru the second quarter to the end of the game listening to Bob Irving instead of the natterings of Glen Suitor who I could tell was cheering for the Riders. It was a nice break for a change. Irving is amazing as a pbp broadcaster.

6 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Edit: that being said, maybe it's better with Derek Taylor now. He's legit.

Unless you’re into hearing about how the Riders lead the league in pass deflections on Sunday afternoon games where the temperature is a number divisible by three at kickoff off passes thrown by quarterbacks with two digit jersey numbers and four or more vowels in their last name, Derek Taylor ****ing sucks. 

8 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I didn’t see any significant injuries on either team (except for maybe a few hurt egos on the Rider side). Always amazing these guys can take hits like that in the cold and hit a frozen field and manage to pop back up. I get a paper cut and I’m out of commission for a week. 

It almost seemed like the Riders were faking injuries again to their defensive players. They had some timely injuries in the second half.

15 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Biggest question to me: should we abolish video replay? If the command center can't be bothered to make an obvious call because they are afraid of the outcome, there is literally no point in even having one.

I think we should have 3 independent judges. They each view and make a decision. Each one gets a vote and democracy wins. 

No more protection of refs calls. The judges call the play as they see it. 

7 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I thought free pizza for a year was hard to turn down. You guys got lucky!

That was the such an amazing decision. I thought dude was crazy for passing on free pizza for a year. What an MOP move though. 

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Rugby has live feed of the command centre and ref they also show exactly what they are looking at. 

So let's pretend they did that Sunday. What difference does it make. Do they all of a sudden call it a non catch or push off? 

Incompetence is a thing. The command centre appears to be incompetent 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Rugby has live feed of the command centre and ref they also show exactly what they are looking at. 

Same with horse racing when they're reviewing infractions (track dependent). 

Just now, Goalie said:

So let's pretend they do that Sunday. What difference does it make  

It gives you complete insight into what they are looking at and what they are discussing. How can they improve if they process isn't being scrutinized? Should be mandatory, IMO. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Same with horse racing when they're reviewing infractions (track dependent). 

It gives you complete insight into what they are looking at and what they are discussing. How can they improve if they process isn't being scrutinized? Should be mandatory, IMO. 

How can it improve If they don't admit something is wrong. 

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

How can it improve If they don't admit something is wrong. 

If it's being observed, you can make improvements. I think it would add to transparency for the fans. But, more importantly, it would add to transparency for the teams, including MOS who sits on the committee. 

How can they improve the process if it's not being audited? 

54 minutes ago, JCon said:

If it's being observed, you can make improvements. I think it would add to transparency for the fans. But, more importantly, it would add to transparency for the teams, including MOS who sits on the committee. 

How can they improve the process if it's not being audited? 

I still would like to hear an explanation... this is the time to come out an admit the mistake... because it didn't end up effecting the game it would be a good time to take one on the chin... I would never expect them to admit it if the riders actually came back to win...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I still would like to hear an explanation... this is the time to come out an admit the mistake... because it didn't end up effecting the game it would be a good time to take one on the chin... I would never expect them to admit it if the riders actually came back to win...

Bailey's catch in the Grey Cup in 2019 was more of a catch than that..he had one hand on top and when he hit the ground he had is other hand against the ball..albeit the back of his hand...but still 2 hands on it...Duke's "catch"...ball clearly had tip bounce on ground, and you can also see ball roll on the ground in his "possession"...total garbage call and lack of Onions on the command center to not over turn it

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

Bailey's catch in the Grey Cup in 2019 was more of a catch than that..he had one hand on top and when he hit the ground he had is other hand against the ball..albeit the back of his hand...but still 2 hands on it...Duke's "catch"...ball clearly had tip bounce on ground, and you can also see ball roll on the ground in his "possession"...total garbage call and lack of Onions on the command center to not over turn it

Bailey's catch immediately came to mind after the William's "catch".

Unbelievable.  Command centre also blew an obvious PI in the East final.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I re-watched and paused that Duke "catch" yesterday, going over it at least 10 times, and it's clear as day you can see the tip of the ball hit the ground.  It's not even close.  Someone needs to be fired over that call, that's beyond incompetence.