Biggest question coming out of Sundays win

Booch

I don't care what the stats say. Mike Reilly is probably the best QB in this league since Frito retired (BLM up there too) and Faj is a glorified Nealon Greene wannabe who can't throw accurately past 10yds. Those two aren't worthy of any kind of comparison.... 

On 2021-12-07 at 3:33 PM, Brandon said:

S6Ojyjd.png

At the exact moment that replay was being broadcast the ref was announcing that the "ruling on the field stands".

In my humble opinion that was the only replay that unequivocally showed that the ball hit the turf and they apparently made the call before even seeing it.

Just now, Deiter Fan said:

At the exact moment that replay was being broadcast the ref was announcing that the "ruling on the field stands".

In my humble opinion that was the only replay that unequivocally showed that the ball hit the turf and they apparently made the call before even seeing it.

Just rewatched the 2019 GC again. And I know it has already been said. But if they rule Bailey a no catch and he had 2 hands on it before hitting the ground then this should not have been a catch. Seems fishy. 

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Just rewatched the 2019 GC again. And I know it has already been said. But if they rule Bailey a no catch and he had 2 hands on it before hitting the ground then this should not have been a catch. Seems fishy. 

I tend to think they were simply unwilling (gutless) to take responsibility for essentially ending the game in the Bomber's favour. Frankly I was pretty surprised at how quickly they made the call and still wonder if they even saw the most obvious angle before making it.

Edited by Deiter Fan

10 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

They showed plenty of angles on tsn with the ball touching the ground. Even suitor reluctantly backtracked on his initial "of course it's a catch!" Reaction

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They showed plenty of angles on tsn with the ball touching the ground. Even suitor reluctantly backtracked on his initial "of course it's a catch!" Reaction

Again...in my opinion...other angles showed the ball near the ground but that particular angle, showing the snow being kicked up by the nose dragging on the ground, was unequivocal...beyond any doubt...contrary to Suitor's contention that Williams had his hands under the ball. I couldn't believe he would say something so demonstrably false even by the weakest angle.

Edited by Deiter Fan

Rewatching the gane tonight... Literally just watched the Duke non catch.... Infuriating. The push off was clear as day and multiple angles showed the nose of the ball in the turf. It's been said already but the clear comparison is Bailey's catch in the GC and its ridiculous that they don't follow precedent. 

14 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

I tend to think they were simply unwilling (gutless) to take responsibility for essentially ending the game in the Bomber's favour. Frankly I was pretty surprised at how quickly they made the call and still wonder if they even saw the most obvious angle before making it.

They didn’t want to willing end it in the Bombers favour in either game then? 

I've always felt you can win with a guy like Fajardo... you just need to have the pieces around him... if they had a good o-line, good run game a reliable receivers they could play a dink and dunk, protect the ball style of offense and be successful... if they want Sprinkles to carry the team,.,, good luck with that

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I've always felt you can win with a guy like Fajardo... you just need to have the pieces around him... if they had a good o-line, good run game a reliable receivers they could play a dink and dunk, protect the ball style of offense and be successful... if they want Sprinkles to carry the team,.,, good luck with that

Maas is not a good match for CF, IMO. CF would benefit from a run game but Maas likes throw first. If they had an oline and they committed to running more, CF would have more time and would probably be more effective. Just never ask him to throw downfield. 

This is why I think that the Riders bring in serious competition for CF in training camp, at Maas' request. That's if he's still there next year. 

not sure tho who they can bring in other than a just as bad retread, or hope and prayer a rookie pulls a Ricky Ray...They are mired for a few years yet with a crappy crappy o-line, and or a sub par starter making top tier $$....they need a fairly significant rebuild as much as most out there deny it and think they 1 or 2 pieces away.

12 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Glenn could throw the ball.

Yes, he threw picks at the worst times, but he was a good passer.

If Kevin Glenn was 6’2 he would be in the NFL he had that awkward shot put like mechanics where the majority of the picks he threw sailed high on the receiver, if he was taller he could have had a throwing motion where the ball could be going downwards. But he could really throw the ball.