Biggest question coming out of Sundays win

Booch

1 minute ago, do or die said:

In the CFL vid highlights on YouTube....one can clearly see the point of the ball hits the turf, and drags along almost a foot.   To say nothing about the "subtle"(Credit Suitor) push off by Williams.....

I sure as hell hope we have better officiating in the Cup game....That was a blatant egregious error

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

The frustrating part for us... which you're failing to mention... is this was NOT "ticky tack" or "marginal"... it was VERY CLEARLY not a catch... it was a rare moment where CFL twitter was almost unanimously in agreement (save for some Rider fans, of course)... the command centre just didn't have the balls to make the right call.

BTW, this isn't meant to be an attack on your post.... I agree on the points you've made as to why they might not overturn some stuff... this was just not one of those moments.

I agree, and I was not trying to defend the call. This was not ticky-tack, I am saying the mindset of both sides is “defer to the other party” so no one stands up and makes the call that needs to be made. Sorry if my post was not clear enough there. It was absolutely a blown call, and command centre has been really bad at many calls this year. An overhaul is due. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

12 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I agree, and I was not trying to defend the call. This was mot Rocky-tack, I am saying the mindset of both sides is “defer to the other party” so no one stands up and makes the call that needs to be made. Sorry if my post was not clear enough there. It was absolutely a blown call, and command centre has been really bad at many calls this year. An overhaul is due. 

It was a blown call. It’s incredibly concerning that the refs and the command center both look at that and say “Yep. Good to go.” That hurts the reputation of the league.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I can guess...

Kinda wondering. If I have a question about the bombers, I can write and expect an answer, even a canned answer but sometimes rarely a surprising candid response. Wonder what happens if one writes the league and asks for an explanation? 

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

The push off by Williams was so obvious as well... no idea how that was missed.  

It's funny because Williams was well known as a push off artist in his first go around with Edmonton... yet for some reason they never cracked down on it... and now they're still letting him get away with it... very confusing

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

It's funny because Williams was well known as a push off artist in his first go around with Edmonton... yet for some reason they never cracked down on it... and now they're still letting him get away with it... very confusing

We’ll just have to name him the “Pushing Off Bastard”. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Definitely a guy like DW seems to be a repeat offender but to be fair I think it's a league wide issue with receivers getting away with pushing off (including our sacred Bomber receivers). It's rarely called. I've always felt offense gets a huge advantage when it comes to what one can and can't do when fighting for the ball. 

Already anointed as a franchise QB in Riderville.

He'll be 30 by the time the 2022 season kicks off, so I have my doubts and I think his ceiling is well known. He's got the skillset to be an effective QB in the CFL. However, what's between his ears will continue to hinder him unless he learns to not be bothered by external factors like fan opinion on social media.

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He'll be 30 by the time the 2022 season kicks off, so I have my doubts and I think his ceiling is well known. He's got the skillset to be an effective QB in the CFL. However, what's between his ears will continue to hinder him unless he learns to not be bothered by external factors like fan opinion on social media.

He's not magically going to figure out the long ball at this point in his career. He sucks. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'd say that depends on what a team's expectations are...in terms of a downfield passing game

But he will be employed...somewhere.

Yup the comparisons are laughable..his completion percentage is a funny one...if he can't make all those 2 to 5 yard passes to offset the 6% efficiency on deep balls over 20 yards then u really suck...and 20 yards isn't deep . That's the funny part...and thing they don't see...

Mike Reilly in 2013

4207 passing yards, 25 td passes, 18 interceptions, 709 yards rushing, 1 td, 8.4 yards per carry

Cody Fajardo in 2021 if you take his 13 games and make it 18 using averages

4112passing yads, 19 tds, 15 interceptions, 648 rushing yards, 6 yards a carry.

I mean its somewhat close but that was Reilly's first year as a starter and he had thrown 75 passes in the CFL going into the season. It was Fajardo's second season as a starter and he had thrown 541 passes going into this year. 

Plus you know MR can complete a 20 yard pass and has more arm talent.