Early chat- Ticats vs Champs Grey Cup Thread

Nolby

Jake The Snake Ireland was a guy I always thought was out to get us. I'm generally a fan of Tom Valessi, Frenchie Proulx, Al Bradbury and the rest.... One of them (Bradbury?) is a Winnipegger, and usually helps the team out by attending some practices and film sessions to explain how the refs will call certain things... 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If Proulx is the ref let's hope there's lots of penalties for 'Amilton

Plenty of 'olding penalties.....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Jake The Snake Ireland was a guy I always thought was out to get us. I'm generally a fan of Tom Valessi, Frenchie Proulx, Al Bradbury and the rest.... One of them (Bradbury?) is a Winnipegger, and usually helps the team out by attending some practices and film sessions to explain how the refs will call certain things... 

Was talking about how horrible Ireland was......decades ago...

12 minutes ago, do or die said:

Plenty of 'olding penalties.....

Was talking about how horrible Ireland was......decades ago...

Jake Ireland was an equal opportunity referee. In other words, he screwed every team equally. He had no favourites. He was just a brutal ref. So, he retired & they rewarded him by making him a replay official so he could keep screwing every team equally. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Just watching the 2019 Grey Cup for the 2nd time this week.

Reminded that the only TD Hamilton got was the result of a missed OPI

The block was legal because it was behind the line of scrimmage. No matter, the game was over the play after Harris’ second touchdown when Theadric Hansen wiped out two Tiger Cats on the kickoff. They were broken after that. 

My favourite objectionable conduct penalty of all time.

Dirt bag Dylan Wynn twists Streveler's ankle, Streveler gets up and screams in his face. 

Harris busts off a 20 yard run the next play. Bailey gets robbed of a TD in what was 100% more a catch than Williams' "catch" Sunday.

I can't ******* wait till Sunday! 

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

"After de replay,de ruling on de field stands"

Prolix is good because he will sometimes try to explain things a little more to the fans on the mike. Sadly his accent can cause unintentional hilarity. Like the game in Calgary where every time there was a tackle eligible play the player was required to report and the official had to announce it on the PA so the defence could not be tricked. After about five versions of “Calgary number ticksty tree is illegible on display” Bob Irving actually said “Poor Andre” on the broadcast, and the league changed the rule where it did not need to be broadcast any more. 

I liked the Proulx game where an Alouette got a little too exuberant after a sack and in his celebration bowled over Andre and then looked worried he was going to be flagged. Proulx pops up and says “There is no penalty on the play, it was an accident” barely containing his laughter. 

Judging by this thread I found not all Ticat fans may be as pleased with the referee selection. Some feel he has an anti-Hamilton bias. 
https://forums.cfl.ca/t/andre-proulx-take-it-down-a-notch/64657

DownrightObviousIvorybackedwoodswallow-s

2kiybq.jpg

SandyMajesticDugong-max-1mb.gif

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Someone on the TSN panel (I want to say it was Jim Barker) said the Cats should try to shut down the run game and force Collaros to beat them... I just laughed and thought, good luck with that!

I mean, that's exactly what they should do. Did the professor tell them HOW to do that? 

Yeah it was Barker...thats the reason this team was so tough...well balanced so they can go either way...and add that to a defence that allows less than what..14 points in a game, and takes the least amount of penalties, and best turnover ratio..well u go 11-1 in games that mattered and the full team was playing

This Bomber team is better than the 2019 Bomber team, although that team was on a great run. 

This TiCat team is worse than the 2019 TiCat team, although this team is on a bit of a run. 

How do the TiCats beat the Bombers? You can't expect to the same gifts as the Riders got, so what do you do?