Early chat- Ticats vs Champs Grey Cup Thread

Nolby

14 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Playing Hamilton in Hamilton will certainly be a challenge, because neutral observers will default to "it's their turn this time." I expect a few big, soft calls to favour the Cats.

I'm leaning toward the opposite. Proulx is reffing, and in hindsight he has to be relieved the blown Duke Williams push-off/catch didn't affect the outcome of last week's game. 

Also, all eyes will be on the CC. They absolutely have to be better.

12 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I'm leaning toward the opposite. Proulx is reffing, and in hindsight he has to be relieved the blown Duke Williams push-off/catch didn't affect the outcome of last week's game. 

Problem is I think I say this after every game. I have absolutely, positively no faith in the CC. 

40 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Why they don't have to explain their calls after the game is beyond me. No accountability to the fan base. 

Really they should be explaining these things in game, in real time, but that is definitely hoping for too much.

Proulx is my favourite crew bar none. 

He's a classic "let 'em play" type ref. He's reticent to make penalty calls at all, unless totally obvious. I love that style. Minimize the calls both ways as opposed to affecting the game.

Even the blown Williams call is fine. That's not his fault. Think about his position. Toronto should have made the right call and they *****ed it up. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

Proulx is my favourite crew bar none. 

He's a classic "let 'em play" type ref. He's reticent to make calls at all, unless obvious which I'm okay with. Minimize the calls either way as opposed to affecting the game.

Even the blown Williams call is fine. That's not his fault. Think about his position. Toronto should have made the right call and they *****ed it up. 

I agree.

Proulx doesn't care about the fans.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

There's pretty much nothing in this post from top to bottom that I can understand?  Straight fire?  Book Cameo?  What???

Back in 2019 Hamilton posted a video of Brett Favre cheering them on leading up to the the Grey Cup, making it look like he was a fan. But really, it was a cameo... there is a service called cameo where you can pay bored celebrities hundreds of dollars to record personalized messages. So this time around they paid Ice Cube (famous rapper) to leave them a message and the Bombers are trolling them for paying for celebrity shoutouts again. There, I'm not old as dirt yet

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

Back in 2019 Hamilton posted a video of Brett Favre cheering them on leading up to the the Grey Cup, making it look like he was a fan. But really, it was a cameo... there is a service called cameo where you can pay bored celebrities hundreds of dollars to record personalized messages. So this time around they paid Ice Cube (famous rapper) to leave them a message and the Bombers are trolling them for paying for celebrity shoutouts again. There, I'm not old as dirt yet

oh ok.  Not sure what "straight fire" means but I get the cameo thing now.  I've heard of Cameo because I listen to Howard Stern but I didn't know that the Ti-Cats paid Ice Cube to give them a shout out.  That's pretty sad.

1 hour ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Why they don't have to explain their calls after the game is beyond me. No accountability to the fan base. 

Really they should be explaining these things in game, in real time, but that is definitely hoping for too much.

Tom Higgins used to explain calls and had a segment where you could call or email (I can’t remember) and ask about certain things. I can’t believe I actually want Tom Higgins back in the booth lol. 

14 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Hated him for a long time. Not sure why, maybe it was just because we were always losing to the Als lol. But he has been the most consistent ref for a long time now. 

I have no real hate for any current CFL refs.  The guy that I couldn't stand was Murray Clark, and he was demoted.  He blew so many calls against us and they always seemed to go in favour of the Alouettes.  Andre Proulx survived an on field heart attack and came back to keep reffing.  That's a true Canadian!