Early chat- Ticats vs Champs Grey Cup Thread

Nolby

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

I always laugh when people say all the Bombers have on offence is a rushing attack. Collaros threw 20 touchdowns this year and nobody else threw 15. Kenny Lawler led the league in receiving. 

yup...and had 3 guys on pace for 1000 yards if we played a full season....not to mention the O-line to create a pocket to allow us to throw from

Just now, Nolby said:

If they're not running much then Dane might be running for his life

Even if they are running, I would expect to see a lot of run blitzes. As others have said, the cats only prayer is if they can get the short passing game going and chain together first downs. Which is some thing this D doesnt give up any more, and that the cats couldnt do vs the 19 bombers.  

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I had no idea the "Winnipeg is just Andrew Harris and the run game" was a narrative until this week. Hilarious. 

I would say for the majority of 2019 we were just Andrew and the run game. But once ZC started we became a 2 dimensional team. If the Can’t think this team hasn’t changed since 2019 they are going to get embarrassed Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I would say for the majority of 2019 we were just Andrew and the run game. But once ZC started we became a 2 dimensional team. If the Can’t think this team hasn’t changed since 2019 they are going to get embarrassed Sunday. 

Nope. Again, that's a popular narrative but it's not true. Our passing game with Matt Nichols until he got injured was excellent. We were very very well balanced all last year. When Nichols got hurt, then things changed because Strev just isn't a real passing threat. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nope. Again, that's a popular narrative but it's not true. Our passing game with Matt Nichols until he got injured was excellent. We were very very well balanced all last year. When Nichols got hurt, then things changed because Strev just isn't a real passing threat. 

True….. for the second half (after Nichols injury) we were Andrew and the run game. Nichols was on pace for 3,800 yards. :) 

As others have said, if Laurent can't go, I assume they go STE at RB and go 6 on offense (4 OL, WR, RB) +1 on D (S) with maybe Eddy Wilson coming off the PR (He did play earlier in the year) or Mulumba at DT. Either that or they start SCHNITZLER to keep the ratio and have Jackson at RB but that's a pretty young NI in the spot. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

As others have said, if Laurent can't go, I assume they go STE at RB and go 6 on offense (4 OL, WR, RB) +1 on D (S) with maybe Eddy Wilson coming off the PR (He did play earlier in the year) or Mulumba at DT. Either that or they start SCHNITZLER to keep the ratio and have Jackson at RB but that's a pretty young NI in the spot. 

Or they’ll just break the ratio rules again. 

11 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Can someone, in laymans terms, please explain the ratio rule to me?

I know it makes Canadian players more valuable, but i never quite understood it.

Going off the top of my head, 21 Canucks, 20 Americans, 2 QBs and I think 2 Globals now. 7 starters must be Canadian, this is where Hammy fudged the numbers. Please correct me if I am wrong, this is somewhat guesswork. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

The Bombers were a 'run first' team until ZC was behind centre.  And if it wasn"t running, it was Harris catching passes out of the backfield. 

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Can someone, in laymans terms, please explain the ratio rule to me?

I know it makes Canadian players more valuable, but i never quite understood it.

There is a new rule this year that Hamilton has exploited. 

An American veteran (min 3 years with club or 4 with league) can replace an injured starting Canadian.

On at least one occasion, the TiCats have trotted out their starting Canadian centre for a series or 2 then have replaced him with arguably a better American.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Awesome. I’ll ask the same question to another resident expert here @JuranBoldenRules?

Know what Hamilton's O is going to do.  3 man route to one side of the field, ISO route to the other, back leaks out.  Literally every play.  If I were them and wanted to beat the Bombers I'd try to scramble out of the pocket as well as commit to some off-tackle and interior running.  Those are a couple weaker points but not really weak.

Stop Harris, get to Collaros on the other side.  Good luck.  Mostly hope the Bombers drop the ball, Bombers have really only stopped themselves on O this year.

Apparently Willie Jeferson's mom, dad, and grandma are going to be in Hamilton to watch the Grey Cup. He sounds supper pumped on his twitter. In 2019 he destroyed Hamilton without any extra motivation in the stands..................Be scared tiger-cats.....................

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

41 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Know what Hamilton's O is going to do.  3 man route to one side of the field, ISO route to the other, back leaks out.  Literally every play.  If I were them and wanted to beat the Bombers I'd try to scramble out of the pocket as well as commit to some off-tackle and interior running.  Those are a couple weaker points but not really weak.

Stop Harris, get to Collaros on the other side.  Good luck.  Mostly hope the Bombers drop the ball, Bombers have really only stopped themselves on O this year.

If I was Hamilton I'd be watching the video of the Winnipeg loss to Toronto. Figure out what the Argos figured out that no one else could do. And then focus on making as few mistakes as possible. 

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If I was Hamilton I'd be watching the video of the Winnipeg loss to Toronto. Figure out what the Argos figured out that no one else could do. And then focus on making as few mistakes as possible. 

They probably have to move the game to Toronto where the Bombers just seem to struggle to find a win there. 🤣