Early chat- Ticats vs Champs Grey Cup Thread

Nolby

24 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Who cares what those clowns think. Pretty sure they all thought Hamilton was going to win in 2019 and look and see where that got them. 

Pat Steinberg was the only one of the 6 writers to pick the Bombers in the 2019 Grey Cup.

Grey_Cup_2019_Writer_Picks1-800x800.jpg

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/11/23/prediction-time-cfl-ca-writers-make-107th-grey-cup-picks/

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

home field crowd noise won't be a big issue..smaller crowd and less noise than ever had to deal with in Regina, and that stadium being all open...basically wide open grandstands...cant see it being an issue

Was going to say the same thing.

There is nothing they can do at the Grey Cup fan noise wise that this team has not already encountered.

I was at the O when Calgary beat Montreal at home. Calgary figured it out. Also do not think the crowd was a huge factor for us in BC in 2011.

If we come out ready I think it gets plenty quiet.

9 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I forgot about him. You're right, I now remember being shocked at the time that the Bombers landed a big name FA. It was such a rare happening back then. Stanley Bryant was also a surprise.

That did seem to be the start of our slow but steady shift towards becoming a respectable franchise again.

Going back even further,I could be wrong but I do believe Barron Simpson also started a domino effect of players signing in Winnipeg after he left BC which helped us eventually get to the cup in 07.

4 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Going back even further,I could be wrong but I do believe Barron Simpson also started a domino effect of players signing in Winnipeg after he left BC which helped us eventually get to the cup in 07.

but that's a whole other generation. I think for the purposes of this conversation, it's about who helped dig out from the Tim Burke "bottom of the barrel" situation....

A

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

The reality is winnipeg went through coaches and gas like nothing at that point. Why would players want to go to a place with less than 0 stability? 

Can't blame them one bit.   After gin and bearing it though many eras of futility...........you will not hear of any criticism from me - regarding the current football management, at any level.
All Hail The Canadian Mafia!! 

So you're telling me, we went what 11-1 in meaningful games this year, and Hamilton has looked like hot garbage for how many games (8-6 in the standings), and just because it's in Hamilton, they are favorites?

I've always believed in the best athletes out there produce 'chips on the shoulder' and use it as fuel.  God knows I'm peeved for some reason with all of them picking Hamilton I hope the Bombers use that too.

7 minutes ago, Saidin said:

So you're telling me, we went what 11-1 in meaningful games this year, and Hamilton has looked like hot garbage for how many games (8-6 in the standings), and just because it's in Hamilton, they are favorites?

I've always believed in the best athletes out there produce 'chips on the shoulder' and use it as fuel.  God knows I'm peeved for some reason with all of them picking Hamilton I hope the Bombers use that too.

Material for the bulletin board! But our team doesn't need that as they will go 1 - 0 this week....

20 minutes ago, Saidin said:

To be clear - that was for 2019.  They haven't made Sunday's picks yet.

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

2 names stick out for me 

Chris Randle. Stanley Bryant. 

I'd say mo Leggett Also but wasn't really an established name at the time. 

I soured a bit on Leggett after he was cut and went on Rod Pedersen's podcast and blasted the organization saying they didn't treat players well and gave his reasons on why the team would never win a cup, etc....  it's a shame because, on the other side of the coin, I remember being at TC the year it was at the soccer complex, and ML was the safety that year, and he was talking to a group of kids and explaining what his job was and just generally being really great to the kids. I had a lot of respect, but that got washed away after he left the team...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I soured a bit on Leggett after he was cut and went on Rod Pedersen's podcast and blasted the organization saying they didn't treat players well and gave his reasons on why the team would never win a cup, etc....  it's a shame because, on the other side of the coin, I remember being at TC the year it was at the soccer complex, and ML was the safety that year, and he was talking to a group of kids and explaining what his job was and just generally being really great to the kids. I had a lot of respect, but that got washed away after he left the team...

I don't know too many fired or laid off employees who speak well of their former orgnanizations.  Could be that Leggett was a human, too.

10 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I don't know too many fired or laid off employees who speak well of their former orgnanizations.  Could be that Leggett was a human, too.

ML was an outstanding football player but kind of a loser off the field  I have first hand accounts of him trying to sleep with girls even though he was recently married or engaged at the time.

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

ML was an outstanding football player but kind of a loser off the field  I have first hand accounts of him trying to sleep with girls even though he was recently married or engaged at the time.

Was it him or someone else that got busted for using "Molly" while hitting some clubs in the city.....? 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

there's "being human", and there's blasting your recent employer in a very public forum, which I'd call "being an *******".....

I'm the kind of guy who gets his former manager fired after being laid off, so maybe it is a question of channeling your anger properly.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Was it him or someone else that got busted for using "Molly" while hitting some clubs in the city.....? 

If true, F him, but also - I wouldn't be spreading rumours about dark stuff like that if I didn't know for sure.