Early chat- Ticats vs Champs Grey Cup Thread

Nolby

23 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If I was Hamilton I'd be watching the video of the Winnipeg loss to Toronto. Figure out what the Argos figured out that no one else could do. And then focus on making as few mistakes as possible. 

I watched that before the WF as I was curious, strangely enough, it was the running game, and passes over the middle, mostly to Eric Rogers for big gains.

Not sure the TiCats have a guy like Rogers.

That’s tough news about Ted Laurent. Freak injury before the Grey Cup, feel bad for him.

I think the bombers cleaned up the Toronto issues...teams did try to do that but that one weakness we corrected..and as others said..we played like crap...we didn't do that again..and wf played with rust and crap/weather assisted and still win...that as well won't happen again...this might be a even more dominant win than 2019...

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If I was Hamilton I'd be watching the video of the Winnipeg loss to Toronto. Figure out what the Argos figured out that no one else could do. And then focus on making as few mistakes as possible. 

Here’s my 5 strategies Hamilton could employ based off Week 3

1. Hope the Bombers turn the ball over twice or more in the first quarter 

2. Exploit a weak HB who is now on the practice roster.

3. Exploit a slightly slowish backup linebacker, who is now back on specials. 

4. Somehow lock Stove in a basement somewhere so they can run up the middle like TO did. 

5. Get an egregiously bad roughing call to go against the Bombers.

So will 2/5 at most be enough for them? 

11 hours ago, JCon said:

@wbbfan your turn. How do you get the Ticats the win? 

On offense I run hurry up none stop. Limit the Bombers ability to many subs as much as possible. 

I would constantly run heavy packages with wrs and have them run fast out type stuff. Force the d to think about pressure vs contain. 

Start out focusing on quick short passing stuff. Then use pump and go. Use banks as a distraction in short passes on stuff like that. 

Finally attacking the 2nd level with timing routes. Especially when the Bombers show blitz. 

Don't use play action every one knows Hamilton won't commit to the run it just slows down the passing. Ste mostly blocks but mix in some draw plays and jet sweep to white. 

On defense you play the hbs Sam and s close to the box. Gap cancel on the front have the front try to shed blocks and make tackles but the dbs are the gap back ups. 

Play a lot of match zone and deep palms. Pattern match Lawler up to the deep dig he runs a lot especially on 2nd downs. Do some vice cover robber with Lawler on 2nd and long. 

You have to take away the run and the deep ball. Force the Bomber wrs to catch and run for firsts. 

Finally playing collaros isn't about getting sacks. He will tear the cats up if he runs and throws. Push the pocket back on him and use contain pressure to lure him into deep balls with out throwing lanes that look like 50 50 balls but that your secondary is prepared for. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

On offense I run hurry up none stop. Limit the Bombers ability to many subs as much as possible. 

I would constantly run heavy packages with wrs and have them run fast out type stuff. Force the d to think about pressure vs contain. 

Start out focusing on quick short passing stuff. Then use pump and go. Use banks as a distraction in short passes on stuff like that. 

Finally attacking the 2nd level with timing routes. Especially when the Bombers show blitz. 

Don't use play action every one knows Hamilton won't commit to the run it just slows down the passing. Ste mostly blocks but mix in some draw plays and jet sweep to white. 

On defense you play the hbs Sam and s close to the box. Gap cancel on the front have the front try to shed blocks and make tackles but the dbs are the gap back ups. 

Play a lot of match zone and deep palms. Pattern match Lawler up to the deep dig he runs a lot especially on 2nd downs. Do some vice cover robber with Lawler on 2nd and long. 

You have to take away the run and the deep ball. Force the Bomber wrs to catch and run for firsts. 

Finally playing collaros isn't about getting sacks. He will tear the cats up if he runs and throws. Push the pocket back on him and use contain pressure to lure him into deep balls with out throwing lanes that look like 50 50 balls but that your secondary is prepared for. 

This is probably pretty close to what the Cats' coaches will draw up.

BUT, so much of it depends on being able to match the Bombers physically, especially against our D

eg. a timing route to the second level, is immediately erased if either of the Jeffs breaks contain

I think their front 7 might do fairly well against the run, and they will be able to cover 1 or 2 of the receivers, but not all of them

Stopping Harris as the primary focus (esp. with Laurent not playing) could also open up the sweep for Demski

26 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

This is probably pretty close to what the Cats' coaches will draw up.

BUT, so much of it depends on being able to match the Bombers physically, especially against our D

eg. a timing route to the second level, is immediately erased if either of the Jeffs breaks contain

I think their front 7 might do fairly well against the run, and they will be able to cover 1 or 2 of the receivers, but not all of them

Stopping Harris as the primary focus (esp. with Laurent not playing) could also open up the sweep for Demski

That's the truth. Especially matching our physicality on the lines and at db wr. Our dbs and wrs are extra physical and make it much harder then oppositions are used to or comfortable with. Every pro linemen has played on a line that was more physical than the opposition. Few dbs and fewer wrs have played as physical as us. And even fewer dbs have played a wr core that blocks and is as physical as ours is. 

It'll be tough with out Ted but yeah that front 7 is better then its been for a while. Jsk is as good and healthy as he's been since staring here. He's a guy who can single handedly blow up a run play. Jsk and Davis need to have monster games for the cats to have a chance. 

15 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Awesome. I’ll ask the same question to another resident expert here @JuranBoldenRules?

That’s fine. You don’t need to ask me my expert opinion. I mean I did play high school ball like 25 years ago and was a solid third stringer. I mean I would think I know a few things about the game. But totally fine with you not asking me 🙄