Mourtada

Brandon

Make a deal for Ward and entice him into signing a long term deal....This guy is money...just like Meds. was...I'm sure we can cobble together a deal that would be acceptable...Ottawa would have to get something reasonable and it could be upped if Ward signs long term here...We have to quit friggin around with this position as trade deadline approaches ....Get it done or at least make an effort Mr. Walters

27 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I really don't know why people keep bringing up Medlock. The Bombers want him here - he doesn't want to be here. It's over. He's retired and doing something else.

Likely not - meaning it is a reference to his nationality. 

And telling a racial minority to "go home" clearly has negative racial connotations. 

So, while I know some people think others are being "too sensitive" - sometimes you just have to think for a moment before you say things. It's not hard.

Agreed.  I personally wouldn't have made the joke. But it's not a reference to his nationality. It's a reference to a name in a song that sounds similar.  It's unlikely someone of a different nationality would have a similar sounding name. That's a coincidence not a raciak slur. 

I was very disappointed with his field goal kicking last night. It's simply not good enough. I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but who's responsible for coaching these guys?? Mourtada has the leg, to me it looked like he over compensated after missing the 3rd quarter field goal left, and then missed his next one right. ( might've been short as well not sure).  Does he need more coaching on wind adjustments?? 

Like many others, I think it's only a matter of time before a kicker costs us a game, and dammit it better not be a play-off game!!

Would I trade a draft choice + player to get Ward if it meant winning the cup? Yes siree Bob!

Be careful what you ask for regarding Medlock. This is a 37 yr old retired guy who hasn’t kicked a football in anger in almost 2 yrs. You think those hammies won’t be screaming?

He’s also fully aware that he has gone out on the highest of high notes, by attaining the pro athlete’s holy grail.   Why jeopardize that for a few k?

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

4 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Well if it ends the same way I will setup a GoFundMe for pitchforks and torches. Just add angry mob!

No need i still have mine from the Fire Joe Mac campaign...

The Nichols is no good one...

The Jeff reinbold era...

The tim Burke...year

The Plop as HC...

Nah, I'm good and stocked up on torches and pitchforks 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd rather trade Gray than a high pick.  Those picks are more valuable with the rookie contracts now.

Personally think it was a major screwup to not have 2-3 guys up here on the bye week so they'd be ready to play by now.  Put the best one on the roster.

At this point... almost any warm leg would be doing better then Mourtada.   It's a shame because the guy can kick in a straight line nicely....  

6 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Be careful what you ask for regarding Medlock. This is a 37 yr old retired guy who hasn’t kicked a football in anger in almost 2 yrs. You think those hammies won’t be screaming?

He’s also fully aware that he has gone out on the highest of high notes, by attaining the pro athlete’s holy grail.   Why jeopardize that for a few k?

The lowest of Medlock is still better than the highest of Mourtada.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

At this point... almost any warm leg would be doing better then Mourtada.   It's a shame because the guy can kick in a straight line nicely....  

Kicking from the hash gives Mourtada trouble as he can't figure out the angles. It's time for Liegghio to put his big boy pants on & claim the kicking spot. 

5 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd rather trade Gray than a high pick.  Those picks are more valuable with the rookie contracts now.

Personally think it was a major screwup to not have 2-3 guys up here on the bye week so they'd be ready to play by now.  Put the best one on the roster.

I don't want us to trade Gray but I'd give up a first rounder for Ward.

15 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

No need i still have mine from the Fire Joe Mac campaign...

The Nichols is no good one...

The Jeff reinbold era...

The tim Burke...year

The Plop as HC...

Nah, I'm good and stocked up on torches and pitchforks 

Are you stocked on psych meds too having to endure that ?  I know I'm out and need more to forget those memories

1. Ottawa wont trade ward.  without him, theyd have about twenty one points total this season.

2. Lirim not coming back, till later at best. no thanks, get someone who wont be leaving at season end.

"how you gonna keep lirim down on the farm, now that hes seen Pareeee"

it sure looks like its a psychological problem with nomoretada.

Edited by Mark F

45 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Psychological my ass, dude can't do anything but kick the ball straight. 

Seriously.

If the criteria was kicking in a straight line indoors from 40 and in there would be a million kickers.

He is gone. MOS said it without saying it.He was asked if they would bring in new kickers  he said something like "we just won 30-3 let's focus on the positives tonight".

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

1. Ottawa wont trade ward.  without him, theyd have about twenty one points total this season.

2. Lirim not coming back, till later at best. no thanks, get someone who wont be leaving at season end.

"how you gonna keep lirim down on the farm, now that hes seen Pareeee"

I think we have a better shot at Whyte than Ward.

If Lirim comes mid November that is good with me.

Edited by Geebrr

I hope we just go with Leggz now..it will give him a confidence boost and best way to learn is when bullets fly..he has 5 games to get it right.

Allows us to use that extra DI spot on an American which may be beneficial in game come crunch time...a DB or receiver..heck even an extra olineman.

Not like Leggz was down right brutal..he just needs to be consistent..and that will come with in game reps..we went 8-1 being God awfull so I'm sure at worst with this team we can still do 3-2 to close out...and host WF