Mourtada

Brandon

Does anyone know what possessed BC to make this trade. I can't imagine a 4th round pick is worth making the bombers more difficult to get past in the playoffs?  Perhaps the players union forced them to make him available to other teams??  Im kind of surprised Hamilton didn't have any interest.

Edited by Colin Unger

54 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Does anyone know what possessed BC to make this trade. I can't imagine a 4th round pick is worth making the bombers more difficult to get past in the playoffs?  Perhaps the players union forced them to make him available to other teams??  Im kind of surprised Hamilton didn't have any interest.

The key is it is a CONDITIONAL pick, and Castillo is only under contract until end of 2021. Besides, BCs current kicker seems to have settled in nicely... Why pay Castillo more, if Comacho is the future and Sergio bolts in 2022?

I would not be surprised if the pick is upgraded to 1st round if we win the Grey Cup, or if Castillo re-signs. This structure would be similar to the structure for the Collaros trade.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Duke Williams scares the bejeebers out of me. If he has any chemistry with Fajardo he'll be scary good on those long balls. The key will be to hurry Fajardo when he throws to upset the timing of these long routes. 

He'd scare me more if they had a QB to get him the ball. Fajardo is useless. First day of practice with Duke, he was having to make one handed catches on the balls that were a foot behind him. Riders are a mess, and I stand by that.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

He'd scare me more if they had a QB to get him the ball. Fajardo is useless. First day of practice with Duke, he was having to make one handed catches on the balls that were a foot behind him. Riders are a mess, and I stand by that.

Watching that video of Williams, I was like, "whoa, nice catch. Nice catch but Rose just took it the other way for 6 points."

And, with Fajs accuracy, that's where it will end up. 

Edited by JCon

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Duke Williams scares the bejeebers out of me. If he has any chemistry with Fajardo he'll be scary good on those long balls. The key will be to hurry Fajardo when he throws to upset the timing of these long routes. 

Not me. Fajardo can't throw a deep ball to save his life. And it sounds like Duke has lost more than a step. 

Duke would still be a decent threat on a team like bc.