Mourtada

Brandon

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Food for thought. Mourtada is 4/10 (40%) this year. We are getting dangerously close to being mathematically better off punting for the rouge on terms of expected value.

This assumes he can hit the end zone 100% of the time, which to be honest not sure if that is a safe assumption at this point.

Ali Mourtada for mayor of Winnipeg. Someone that incompetent should be a high ranking government official!

We should honestly be going for 2 more.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Maybe I am oversensitive but I don't like this comment.

Why? Aladin is my kids favorite movie and I liked the kid as he reminded me of Al and I mentioned this when he debuted 

Thought or was hoping he'd be our Prince Ali. Rags to riches 

Edited by Goalie

52 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

I believe he would have to agree to coming here and we would have to put him on the roster. Not on the practice roster 

Im sure he would agree. He will have a chance to earn more because of playoff bonuses which he will not get from Edm. 

Edm cant activate him either since they need to sit Whyte to do that. It would be bonehead roster management if they will chose to activate 3 kickers.

We can activate him asap just like we did with Mourtada. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I know it's a play on his name, but could be taken a different way, is all.

Also, the original or the Will Smith version? 😀

My kid is 6. Original 

Rags to riches really 

But he's not Prince Ali is he 

He sucks 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I just can't justify using a 1st rounder on a kicker.

We got a franchise QB for a 1st rounder.

Revisit that if we lose west final 17-16 cause our kicker missed 3 field goals..after we struggled all season....first rounder looks pretty good...plus we have drafted guys who we been grooming now for several years..and need to be paid and technically I don't see a huge need for a first rounder this year ..we draft well as it is so I'd sacrifice this year for chance to repeat

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Prince Ali needs to hop on the carpet and head back to Agrabah or find a magic genie like now

Yeah this is over the line. 

10 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I was actually referring to punting for a rouge vs. A field goal. I am unsure what his PAT % is, but if it is less fhan 50% yes we should go for two every time, mathematically speaking.

Yup. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Revisit that if we lose west final 17-16 cause our kicker missed 3 field goals..after we struggled all season....first rounder looks pretty good...plus we have drafted guys who we been grooming now for several years..and need to be paid and technically I don't see a huge need for a first rounder this year ..we draft well as it is so I'd sacrifice this year for chance to repeat

Trust me I totally agree that a bad kicker can end a playoff run. 

I said the same thing a few weeks ago.

It just pains me to give up a 1st for a kicker. Particularly a free agent kicker.

Surely we can borrow at a lower price.

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Trust me I totally agree that a bad kicker can end a playoff run. 

I said the same thing a few weeks ago.

It just pains me to give up a 1st for a kicker. Particularly a free agent kicker.

Surely we can borrow at a lower price.

Our 1st and a 3rd for their 2nd and Ward. Basically, swapping 9 for 10. 

If we swap pics that's basically a wash..and not sure they would go for that.

1st should suffice...or toss in a neg lister....be unfair and cruel to send a rostered or PR guy and doubt this regime would bone a player like that...

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

Exactly! I wouldn't start my negotiations offering a first round pick, but if that's what it takes to get a quality kicker, sign me up. There is no team that can beat the Bombers when they are playing their best. But like Booch says, let's say because of the weather, luck, we need one field goal to win the west final. As it stands now, we lose. We blow probably the best chance I've seen for a Bomber team to win another Grey Cup because of a kicker. 

Plus, it's pick 8 or 9 in the first round of the CFL draft. At best it's a starting guard a couple of seasons down the road. Versus winning a Grey Cup?!

Honestly, if Walters does nothing to address the kicker, it's a huge mistake with a team this good. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Our 1st and a 3rd for their 2nd and Ward. Basically, swapping 9 for 10. 

I can get on board with that. I think Ottawa may consider that a bit of a give than a get. 

Actually, **** it.

If it takes a first to do it, then so be it.

I already watched Troy Westwood **** up in GC 2001.

I don't need a repeat this playoffs.

I have been swayed. We have nowhere to put a 1st rounder right now anyway and have been drafting futures guys. We can still get that round 2.

I'm in. 

First round pics are crapshoots at best to make any impact...at least out of the gate...we still have Gray..Eli..the Hallets..O'Leary Orange..Oliveira..and a couple that went back to school not able to make the starting lineup...we good for no first rounder in next draft...and if we win again..and retain most our core which I have no doubt doing as they surely woukd want to be a part of a dynasty in the making then u can bet your ass come free agency we can probably fill a need easily and not have to over pay

20 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Last second fg to win the Grey Cup and he pulls a 35 yarder this forum will burn to the ground, get the kicking game in order it's vitally important even to a team like the Bombers on a roll

Doug Brown said this exact comment and it's %100000000 true. I trust Medlock more to make a 847 yard kick than Mourtadda to make a chip shot. This needs to be addressed now while we have the time before the playoffs start.

40 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I just can't justify using a 1st rounder on a kicker.

We got a franchise QB for a 1st rounder.

We've also given first rounders for back up junk qbs. If a first rounder gets us an elite kicker on a multi year deal I'm good with it. 

Its steep but kicking carried us for years.  

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

First round pics are crapshoots at best to make any impact...at least out of the gate...we still have Gray..Eli..the Hallets..O'Leary Orange..Oliveira..and a couple that went back to school not able to make the starting lineup...we good for no first rounder in next draft...and if we win again..and retain most our core which I have no doubt doing as they surely woukd want to be a part of a dynasty in the making then u can bet your ass come free agency we can probably fill a need easily and not have to over pay

Dobson has been a beast on a bad Texas state team too. Their play could effect his NFL interest. At this point we could use more mid and early ish picks than firsts to re stock the teams and depth a bit.