Mourtada

Brandon

After reading what Osh had to say about Mourtada, I have every faith in the world that the guy is going to make himself into the best all around kicker this league has ever seen...I pictured something in the future, that shows Mourtada being lauded for his play, after every attempt at the uprights and booting flawlessly ....Maybe I'm being too optimistic or maybe just dulusional ..................I have worked myself into such a state over this I have made an appointment to see a counsellor ...............Was this wise????.My wife says ..definitely LOL

Edited by Stickem

4 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I actually laughed at this on cfl.ca:

The scene: A backwoods cabin, far from civilization. A fully-bearded Justin Medlock looks up and stops chopping wood as he spies a dark sedan with a rental car sticker on it creeping up the winding drive. The driver steps out. Medlock shakes his head and smiles a little smile.

“Kyle Walters” he says, incredulously. “I told you. I’m out.” With that, Medlock swings the axe and brings it down hard on a log, splitting it right down the middle.

“Just one more job, Justin,” says Walters. “Just one more.”

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Fans in Edmonton want our first round pick for Sean Whyte. I went on Elksherd,ca (used to be Esksfans.ca) & there it was. I'm thinking WTF???

Just like Ward, Whyte is a free-agent next year. So a first rounder might be a high price to pay for a guy who might chose not to re-sign here comes Feb '22. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Fans in Edmonton want our first round pick for Sean Whyte. I went on Elksherd,ca (used to be Esksfans.ca) & there it was. I'm thinking WTF???

Of course they would....in theory, we're desperate for a kicker. And they're within our division. Why would they ask for less? Not only that, but I fully expect any team that agrees to deal us their kicker, would want Legghio in return along with a pick. And I really don't think the club is ready to give up on him...

Just now, Noeller said:

Of course they would....in theory, we're desperate for a kicker. And they're within our division. Why would they ask for less? Not only that, but I fully expect any team that agrees to deal us their kicker, would want Legghio in return along with a pick. And I really don't think the club is ready to give up on him...

Whyte could kick for another 5 years at least. To get a proven quality kicker I'd trade our first pick without question.

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Are you willing to give our 1st rounder for 7-games (5 remaining and 2 post-season games) off Whyte ? 

Considering the CFL Draft is a crapshoot & to win another Grey Cup? Absolutely. This team has depth everywhere. We can afford to take a risk if it solidifies our chances of winning. make it an unconditional first round pick if he signs with us. Second round pick if he doesn't.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Yeah, you fellas make some good points. Conditional draft pick seems about right...I think I might be down with that. With guaranteed kicking, I just don't see a flaw on this team, as long as it stays healthy (*knocks on forehead*) 

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

OK, so we don’t trust Mourtada right now. But maybe should we trust O’Shea and his judgment?

I see that a lot on social media. It's fine but Mike doesn't kick field goals. The other guys do & right now both Liegghio & Mourtada are nervous headcases. Kicking looks easy but it's not. At some point both guys will have to put on their big boy pants then go out on the field & prove they belong.

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Considering the CFL Draft is a crapshoot & to win another Grey Cup? Absolutely. This team has depth everywhere. We can afford to take a risk if it solidifies our chances of winning. make it an unconditional first round pick if he signs with us. Second round pick if he doesn't.

CFL draft is important for this current regime. That's how they built our current Cdn OL depth. 

5 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I actually laughed at this on cfl.ca:

The scene: A backwoods cabin, far from civilization. A fully-bearded Justin Medlock looks up and stops chopping wood as he spies a dark sedan with a rental car sticker on it creeping up the winding drive. The driver steps out. Medlock shakes his head and smiles a little smile.

“Kyle Walters” he says, incredulously. “I told you. I’m out.” With that, Medlock swings the axe and brings it down hard on a log, splitting it right down the middle.

“Just one more job, Justin,” says Walters. “Just one more.”

The location of Medlock's cabin...

https://kyhatenyhikyj.bigbluepdf.icu/*****-creek-book-6471jx.php