CHAMPS at Leo's GDT

Nolby

38 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Ooooh...the Rider fans are gonna need a lot of cold water for that burn.  Cur the foaming at the mouth. Winning covers a multitude of problems but losing brings all of the bile to the surface.

I've always had poor experiences traveling through and visiting sask. I'll have to avoid it and look out cars with sask plates. 

Might try and dump a load of manure on my lawn too. 

They would probably say the cfl illuminati are giving us breaks and extra flags. Cognitive dissonance is a b. 

Slowly tho they are all seeing it...was a smoke and mirrors season last year and this yr they lucky to have those 2 wins vs BC and hardly had that Ottawa game in hand either..and got Hamilton after the beat down and injuries incurred after us.. their 5-3 record this year is just like last year's...not an indicator of a true 5-3 team...

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just find it absolutely hilarious that faj is taking shots at his receivers when you can point to a whole pile of shitty throws giving receivers no chance.

Yeah...that's the rub...a lot of his passes are nowhere close..and a lot he does make are high and reciever gotta climb the ladder to get them and are instantly tackled..a lot of the time right pounded too

Or when he has a guy coming across the formation with 20 yards of space to the sideline and upfield and he throws a ball that makes the guy stop and turn to even have a chance to bring it in.

Fajardo is great until you expect him to start making some throws.  Now he/they have it in their heads that he is a legit QB and they are doing 40+ dropbacks a night, no movement, no designed runs, less scrambling.  And he sucks.

13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Actually he was MOP runner up and he wasn't that amazing in 2019. IMO, only reason he got the West MOP nod was the Winnipeg media screwing over Andrew Harris and every other western QB missing time due to injury.

Truth. 

Forgot to say "MOP level" based on the West nomination.

But, you're right it should have been Harris. 

Definitely some dissension in the ranks over in Sask. In the post game Fajardo mentions 50/50 balls like 5 times basically saying his current receivers just arnt capable of winning those battles and the passes either fall incomplete of get intercepted. When Dickenson was asked about Fajardo's comments he says "i understand he's frustrated, but theres a right way and a not-so right way of expressing that". Oh boy. Dickenson later says he agrees the receivers need to step up but also says that when Fajardo watches the game tape "he'll see that he made mistakes too". Yikes. Another loss and the Rider house of cards may fall.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

11 hours ago, Booch said:

Take Winnipeg. They are a borderline team, essentially play extremely rough, edgy, and even dirty, 

as per RF....where's the evidence or penalties/fines for dirty play?

one smart thing said there tho was the suggestion that maybe CF isn't that good and 2019 was a one off...and he is just a back up.....ding ding ding...no ****

Also..about the penalties...the Rider players just aren't wired that way to not do retaliation stuff after whistle when teams take liberties against them...so beating and burning them on plays now is taking liberties?? What a bunch of dumbasses

I mean come on Booch lol I find Stronson as annoying as anyone but that quote you pulled was said in a complimentary way and you cut out the part right after where he says it’s good coaching and smart football

From the few games that I've watched with the Riders this year,  it seems like they take at least 3 - 5 completely avoidable penalties.   I think it was in the first series against Calgary where Marshall pushes the reciever down after he had already taken many steps out of bounds which then pushed the ball closer to the goal line.    They also seem to take many more no yards and off sides then other teams.   

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

From the few games that I've watched with the Riders this year,  it seems like they take at least 3 - 5 completely avoidable penalties.   I think it was in the first series against Calgary where Marshall pushes the reciever down after he had already taken many steps out of bounds which then pushed the ball closer to the goal line.    They also seem to take many more no yards and off sides then other teams.   

You’re bang on here. The majority of the penalties we take are avoidable. It’s frustrating beyond words to then see Dickenson just pat the guy on the helmet.

9 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

You’re bang on here. The majority of the penalties we take are avoidable. It’s frustrating beyond words to then see Dickenson just pat the guy on the helmet.

This has been something that goes back to the Shivers-Barrett era 20 years ago. Playing undisciplined football. It seems no coach or GM wants to really get rid of that selfisn Me First culture on the Riders. Guys like Marshall & Gainey are yappers who seem to enjoy selfish & undisciplined play whether it hurts their team or not. 

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I mean come on Booch lol I find Stronson as annoying as anyone but that quote you pulled was said in a complimentary way and you cut out the part right after where he says it’s good coaching and smart football

I was focusing on the dirty part and needed the full sentence to have context..lol...and the compliment part is bogus as they always claim O'Shea was dirty... etc..so anything positive said there...which is rare means jack crap as they generally will contradict it in next breath

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Truth. 

Forgot to say "MOP level" based on the West nomination.

But, you're right it should have been Harris. 

If not harris it shouldve been willy. 

4 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Ive never seen or heard of a team averaging 10-100 ish in penalties. Thats a huge hole to try and dig out of. Id love to see the average season wins with each penalty per game from 4 or 5 - 10. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This has been something that goes back to the Shivers-Barrett era 20 years ago. Playing undisciplined football. It seems no coach or GM wants to really get rid of that selfisn Me First culture on the Riders. Guys like Marshall & Gainey are yappers who seem to enjoy selfish & undisciplined play whether it hurts their team or not. 

Wont lie, I liked the offense danny barrett ran. he was way way ahead of the times. 

Just now, Booch said:

I was focusing on the dirty part and needed the full sentence to have context..lol...and the compliment part is bogus as they always claim O'Shea was dirty... etc..so anything positive said there...which is rare means jack crap as they generally will contradict it in next breath

Seems like a backhanded compliment at best imo.