CHAMPS at Leo's GDT

Nolby

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Kenny Lawler was cut by BC. Made it clear playing agsinst BC was different for him.

Also said BC told him they would compensate him after he tore his hamstring and never did. 

wonder if buck and collaros would use his anger... by throwing to him a lot. probably.

Edited by Mark F

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Dude- he acknowledged his **** move, apologized publicly on here and seems quite sincere about it... what more can he do?  Chill out and realize that he did the proper thing here by owning up and apologizing. No need to alienate other fans when they come on here.

I'll say what I want.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

You’re about 12 hours behind on all of this. Lol

as for LG, he took his lumps let’s move on. Good guy who has a bad moment. 

I had a lot to do this morning. I stand by what I said though.

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Laughable...they are the worst team in league with their excessive look at me boasting and celebrating for the most basic of plays...total me first look at attitude on that team...take selfish penalties...is a joke that they claim that about other teams

They are the absolute worst.

They come on to the field in clown masks for a reason.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Whitehead talked a lot of **** pre-game including on CJOB, about how there's no DB who could keep up with him on the Bombers.  Touched the ball three times, one yard run, two drops, hit once and left crying.  Some humble pie.

They tried that swing pass first play and Jeffcoat caught him at the line of scrimmage I knew it was not going to be Luckys night.

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

wonder if buck and collaros would use his anger... by throwing to him a lot. probably.

To me it looks like who ever we like in their match up is being run into the zone vacated by the linebackers who are playing a tite gap alignment to take away the run game. 

Last game we did the same with demski. We run off the s and either force a db into trail position or let them find the soft spot in zone. Yankee concept is deadly play action when you have a strong run game. 

The first few weeks teams took away our run game after Hamilton. It took a bit but buck has been really exploiting different openings based on defensive tendencies vs what we do. 

Just now, Jpan85 said:

They tried that swing pass first play and Jeffcoat caught him at the line of scrimmage I knew it was not going to be Luckys night.

Jeffcoat running that down from behind on lucky no less at the sideline was super impressive. 

Guys like the Jeffs have the ability to blow up any kind of offensive scheme. They are extremely hard to play rpo spread to run and screens against. 

28 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To me it looks like who ever we like in their match up is being run into the zone vacated by the linebackers who are playing a tite gap alignment to take away the run game. 

Last game we did the same with demski. We run off the s and either force a db into trail position or let them find the soft spot in zone. Yankee concept is deadly play action when you have a strong run game. 

The first few weeks teams took away our run game after Hamilton. It took a bit but buck has been really exploiting different openings based on defensive tendencies vs what we do. 

Jeffcoat running that down from behind on lucky no less at the sideline was super impressive. 

Guys like the Jeffs have the ability to blow up any kind of offensive scheme. They are extremely hard to play rpo spread to run and screens against. 

Just wait till Wilson gets back to game shape...he is unreal at disrupting that type of stuff, and stuff in the flats

Just now, lyin' guy said:

We can fight again in a couple of weeks  🤣  Although it might be a very ugly game for me.

technically you guys should have 6 wins right now....both those games against the Riders u gave away...they did not deserve to win them...you guys gave those games away...A one game playoff against them..I like the Leo's odds

1 minute ago, Booch said:

technically you guys should have 6 wins right now....both those games against the Riders u gave away...they did not deserve to win them...you guys gave those games away...A one game playoff against them..I like the Leo's odds

Riders always play with a tin of emotion.  Momentum is always big with them.  Take that away and they are beatable.  Bombers did that this year and are also playing with a ton of confidence. you can be beat as well though, I just don't know by whom. 

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

Just wait till Wilson gets back to game shape...he is unreal at disrupting that type of stuff, and stuff in the flats

Yeah. He had one good come from behind and ranged a bit but we still used the sub package a good bit. Can't wait to see him at 100 percent. Wish we'd rotate rocq in more with him. 

6 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Riders always play with a tin of emotion.  Momentum is always big with them.  Take that away and they are beatable.  Bombers did that this year and are also playing with a ton of confidence. you can be beat as well though, I just don't know by whom. 

I think you are confusing emotion with a lack of discipline. The Bombers play with great emotion that's the key to physicality. The riders play out of control and get in pushing and shoving a lot after the play. They take more dumb penalties than any other team. 

1 hour ago, lyin' guy said:

******* Argos, apparently. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

******* Argos, apparently. 

Normally the any given sunday law applies. This year its harder for teams vs the bombers. But that Tor game was our worst. Worst execution and worst coaching. Tor is a team thats good in the trenches and physical. They have great coaching I give them a TON of credit for that game. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Normally the any given sunday law applies. This year its harder for teams vs the bombers. But that Tor game was our worst. Worst execution and worst coaching. Tor is a team thats good in the trenches and physical. They have great coaching I give them a TON of credit for that game. 

Toronto really reminded of us in the early O’Shea years. Hard working, well coached team that just doesn’t have enough talent to win it all but can compete with anybody any given Sunday. 

14 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

After 20+ years of misery finally ending 2 years ago, and the dreadful coaches, (like Reinbold, Daly,  Kelly) GM's (Joe Mack), and QBs (like Lefors, Bishop, Brink, Brohm) the fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have an immense sense of pride in a Winning football team.    And noone saw a 7-1 start for the Blue.

Most of the people I've dealt with on this board are neither cocky nor arrogant fans (Jcon, Noeller, 17to85 to name a few) . In fact they quite knowledgeable and can facilitate discussion on what is supposed to be a discussion board.

What I also see from this board is a passionate and knowledgeable fan base.  Many will confuse that with being arrogant/cocky.  We may post stuff that sounds arrogant, but it's backed up with research and fact.  There is also lots of good natured ribbing that goes on here too.  We're adults and can take a joke 

So take off the green, orange, gold, or whatever team color lenses you wear and try to look at things objectively for a change and engage in discussion.  

If you post ****, be sure to back it up.  Also keep an open mind that your viewpoint may be different and be open to correction from your peers.

I'm off my soapbox now.

As an amateur historian who has done a lot of research on the Bombers and their history, the Bombers definitely qualify as a "boom and bust" kind of team.  We win cups in bunches, but only after a foundation has been built, of good management, good coaches and good players.  There's no "one-offs" or "flukes" for this franchise (which is why I knew we weren't going to win in 2011, we just weren't that good, yet, though we sure should have won in 2001 and 2007, those still stick in my craw).  There was the original three cups won in the dominant early days of the 1930's (when we earned our names, the BLUE BOMBERS), then a long 17 year drought, then Bud Grant and Kenny Ploen had something to say about that in the late 1950's and early 1960's, winning four more Cups. 

I joined the Bomber fan base in the late 70's when Dieter was just coming into his own as a huge CFL star, while the Bombers were already in a long 18 year drought, and was able to experience the mostly great days of the 1980's, when we added three Cups in 10 years, the first in 1984, ending at that time a 22 year drought.  I thought in 1990 that winning Cups every few years was just going to be a "thing", but I was naive.  This team historically always needs time to build that foundation, but when it does, boy you better look out.  Finally, after so many long years of suffering, we are back to the "Boom" part of the Bomber Grey Cup Boom and Bust cycle.  May it last a long time, and while it does, I'm going to make sure to enjoy every freakin' minute of it....

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Wasn't emotion that beat u...and their emotion is like mentioned..more like undisciplined selfish play..you guys lost cause of a **** show first game qb situation and poor kicker..then some bad coaching decisions and bad luck game 2...

4 hours ago, BBlink said:

Lucky seems like an awesome dude. I don't think he deserved to have his wrist broken. That just comes with the territory of being in Brandon Alexander's... territory. 

Hope it's not as bad as it seems and he can come back and continue his stellar season. And then maybe if he doesn't want to get hit by BA anymore he can join us for next year.

I'm a Lucky fan too, and was glad to see him find success in BC.  Still have my Lucky t-shirt and wear it with pride, though no one here knows what it is, lol.