CHAMPS at Leo's GDT

Nolby

1 minute ago, greenrider55 said:

Wrist was feared to be broken reportedly… And then all of a sudden he was back in with a cast, still think that was dumb

Yep,he was barely even a distraction like BC was hoping he'd still be after returning. Don't like his injury but loved the monster hit to show Lucky he ain't **** vs us.

7 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Some random thoughts in no particular order:

- Grant or Nelson returning kicks makes no difference when the punt and kick coverage is as bad as it is.

Not really sure what people are expecting with returns.  Kicks are placed so they are basically not returnable.  It takes a mistake by the kicker to open up the field.  Grant averaged almost 10 yards per punt return which is about average and 25 per kickoff which is among the tops in the league.  His long for punts is also 15 so his average is a bit lower because he hasn't had the chance to bust a few (unlike the guys ahead of him on the average per return rankings).

8 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Understood. Already apologized. Heat of the moment and too much scotch. 

I get it. 

No biggie LG.   We'll just call it a Lyle E. Style moment...

😄

8 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Understood. Already apologized. Heat of the moment and too much scotch. 

I get it. 

No biggie LG.   We'll just call it a Lyle E. Style moment...

😄

some quick thoughts from last night:

The game was a complete team effort from start to finish. Stove blowing up Chung to start things off, and we just never looked back.  The game is often won in the trenches, and last night it most assuredly was.

Was glad for Mourtada, and although his first kick brought back the nightmare of last game, he made it, and seemed to correct himself after. And yes he was kicking it pretty deep on kick-off.

Just saw the QB rating for Zack....144!

Another strong game from 33. 

I'd like to see 33 get a series off here and there, and I was really pleased to see Augustine get a carry even though it was garbage time. Man I like our depth this year.

47 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Yeah. I was a bit worried with the prospect of going with relative unknowns on the one side after we lost both Sayles and Rose but the whole unit has been terrific. I don't want to see Josh Miller anywhere near the field again so I hope this group can stay healthy.

Thing is we won't have to...if someone gets knicked then Josh Johnson will slot in...what a luxury...same with receiver..we have a vet in Rossevalt waiting in the wings...plug and Play

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Whitehead talked a lot of **** pre-game including on CJOB, about how there's no DB who could keep up with him on the Bombers.  Touched the ball three times, one yard run, two drops, hit once and left crying.  Some humble pie.

Our defense is just flat out relentless...tough...and mean...they play with a purpose...and enjoy playing that way....they just kick the ever living snot outta teams

I guarantee Trever Harris next week is gonna "need another week," he doesn't wanna face that smoke and heat...as the Elks online is not as good as the Lions

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Our defense is just flat out relentless...tough...and mean...they play with a purpose...and enjoy playing that way....they just kick the ever living snot outta teams

I guarantee Trever Harris next week is gonna "need another week," he doesn't wanna face that smoke and heat...as the Elks online is not as good as the Lions

You're saying his Blue-flu will pop up again?

We have been saying all year get stove and Wilson back and watch out... well BC found out last night. Having Richardson plug up the middle made Jefferson and Jeffcoat that much more dangerous too. I really don't know what BC was thinking trying to win against the Bombers through big plays... the one thing Ritchie Hall specifically tries to take away... 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

You're saying his Blue-flu will pop up again?

We have been saying all year get stove and Wilson back and watch out... well BC found out last night. Having Richardson plug up the middle made Jefferson and Jeffcoat that much more dangerous too. I really don't know what BC was thinking trying to win against the Bombers through big plays... the one thing Ritchie Hall specifically tries to take away... 

If you are just letting our front 6 tee off all day and hope our DBs can't cover, it is very likely going to be a long ass night for you. 

36 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Hopefully Lucky's injury isn't as bad as feared and he is back quick.

Come to think of it I think Lucky's brother and girlfriend  are to blame for Lucky getting back on the field whom tsn panned on every second until the injury - oops storyline gone.

Probably texted him and said get you ass back out there, we drove all the way from wherever. 🙂

Lucky wasn't so lucky....I like the guy and it's a tough break (no pun intended) BUT I'm more concerned with Woli and what looks to be a tear in the leg muscle ...Hope he shakes it off for the next tilt ....he's proving to be an invaluable asset.....The team excelled in every facet of the game ....solid and we are in a very good position heading into the last leg of the season....Hope the injury bug doesn't rear it's ugly head ...I got a little nervous in that one ....Is Mourtada for real?.....looks to be

Mike O'Shea : Once again, If you keep asking the players about the record and all that other stuff they're eventually going to answer you. But we really don't think.very far ahead.

Love Osh

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup even Suitor admitted they need to establish some sort of run for their pass first mentality to work.

It must have killed him to say it.

26 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Whitehead talked a lot of **** pre-game including on CJOB, about how there's no DB who could keep up with him on the Bombers.  Touched the ball three times, one yard run, two drops, hit once and left crying.  Some humble pie.

Even if this is true congrats you win the track meet but you got to get the ball first and Reilly had no time to tee it up for him.