Hajrullahu-Hallelujah?

10 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Would certainly be an upgrade... but based on how he left town, I could not see him wanting to play here again.

Was it on bad terms? He had a lousy sophomore season in 2015, wasn't offered a contract extension, and signed with the Argonauts as a free agent. I don't think there's bad blood now, if ever.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

I dont get why this was not an issue.  

Because its stupid. The Okay 👌 symbol existed long before it was coopted. If its a white power symbol, is MBB supporting white power movements by allowing me to do this emoji 👌???

Its dumb. Stop giving them the power. Take the power back in fact. This means Okay 👌

Edited by MOBomberFan
speeling

14 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Because its stupid. The Okay 👌 symbol existed long before it was coopted. If its a white power symbol, is MBB supporting white power movements by allowing me to do this emoji 👌???

Its dumb. Stop giving them the power. Take the power back in fact. This means Okay 👌

That whole thing was a myth thats been busted 100 times over. It was a 4chan troll project that social media bit down hard on. Then the actual right wing nut bags also fell for the social media outrage. Its one of the dumbest moments in 4chan trolling history. 

Just now, Mark F said:

so, to be consistent, you dont mind if a player wears a swastika? cause it was around before The Nazis.

"The swastika symbol, 卐 (right-facing or clockwise) or 卍 (left-facing, counterclockwise, or sauwastika), is an ancient religious icon in the cultures of Eurasia. It is used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism."

I do not know what the guy intended. It appeared he gave a symbol now used by fascists. 

I would like to know what he meant. 

Youn dont care, and that is fine with me.

whatever it started as, it is now a symbol of white racism.

just my preference, I would like my favourite football league to not have racists playing.

You cant compare a swastika to the OK gesture. Thats reductio ad absurdum at its finest. By that level silliness the blue bombers, which are named for the brown bomber which was it self a racist nick name should change names. 

If you look for monsters in every shadow and bit of nuance you will find some thing to scare you. But that doesnt mean its real or a threat. 

5 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

If you watched the BC game. It looked like He flashed the white power sign after his second FG. We discussed it in the game chat. It may have been nothing lol. 

I did see it, however that symbol has multiple meanings now and context is important. People do use it to say "ok" it has been used to say "3 points" as well, most often in Basketball. AND it has been used by assholes who don't understand how unimportant skin color is.

Not using it because of that last reason should not be an option as far as I'm concerned.

And calling someone a ws after they used it AFTER they just scored 3 points is fairly ignorant.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

That whole thing was a myth thats been busted 100 times over. It was a 4chan troll project that social media bit down hard on. Then the actual right wing nut bags also fell for the social media outrage. Its one of the dumbest moments in 4chan trolling history. 

It started as a joke I do believe. But it 100% has caught on in douchebag groups. You will often see pictures of "proud boys" (lol what a ******* dumb name) holding it up.

Edited by Bigblue204

46 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I did see it, however that symbol has multiple meanings now and context is important. People do use it to say "ok" it has been used to say "3 points" as well, most often in Basketball. AND it has been used by assholes who don't understand how unimportant skin color is.

Not using it because of that last reason should not be an option as far as I'm concerned.

And calling someone a ws after they used it AFTER they just scored 3 points is fairly ignorant.

It started as a joke I do believe. But it 100% has caught on in douchebag groups. You will often see pictures of "proud boys" (lol what a ******* dumb name) holding it up.

As I mentioned in the game chat and here. It likely wasn’t used in any hurtful way (I hope it wasn’t). It just looked extremely bad. Players these days get fined for the most ridiculous things. He didn’t do it after that and may have been warned by the coaching staff or it was just a one off thing. 

58 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Proud boys are half trollish them self. If you starve groups like that they go away. If you feed them they grow. Thats how it went from a silly trollish group of sheep to what it is. Allowing them to change and impact society is giving them far too much power. 

Thats a good point too. I see a ton of NBA players do it after nailing a 3. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

You cant compare a swastika to the OK gesture. Thats reductio ad absurdum at its finest. By that level silliness the blue bombers, which are named for the brown bomber which was it self a racist nick name should change names. 

If you look for monsters in every shadow and bit of nuance you will find some thing to scare you. But that doesnt mean its real or a threat. 

we disagree.

if it was symbol for three, great. makes sense.

anyway, enough of this for me.

Edited by Mark F

Interesting take from SK kicker Brett Lauther. Basically, that the Globals are coming in and taking jobs from qualified Canadian kickers. My questions are, where are these great unemployed Canadian kickers, and can we get one? 

https://3downnation.com/2021/08/26/it-does-suck-roughriders-brett-lauther-believes-global-policy-unfair-to-kickers/

7 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Interesting take from SK kicker Brett Lauther. Basically, that the Globals are coming in and taking jobs from qualified Canadian kickers. My questions are, where are these great unemployed Canadian kickers, and can we get one? 

https://3downnation.com/2021/08/26/it-does-suck-roughriders-brett-lauther-believes-global-policy-unfair-to-kickers/

We seem to be at a veteran tipping point with kickers in the league, a time when new kickers immerge. But if any thing the current jobs would be filled by IMP kickers and slowly they would be replaced by NI kickers. But even then I feel like the majority of elite kickers in the cfl tend to be IMPs.