Random Jets News

Just now, captaincanuck12 said:

Agreed.   I've been disappointed with Winnipeg Media in general.  Too much inference and not enough reporting.  I wish they would just report and not try to sell their personal understanding of the situation as fact. 

Like Ed Tait with the Bombers. I accept that it won't be hard hitting or controversial but he still has his writing skills and the power of observation. 

These pro teams building their own production units to me is a huge hedge against broadcast and cable television basically not existing by the time the current media deals expire.

Would not be surprised by the end of the decade if teams/leagues are producing their own broadcasts and streaming them/farming them out to streaming services.

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

These pro teams building their own production units to me is a huge hedge against broadcast and cable television basically not existing by the time the current media deals expire.

Would not be surprised by the end of the decade if teams/leagues are producing their own broadcasts and streaming them/farming them out to streaming services.

And yet... 

12 hours ago, iHeart said:

It's an interesting landscape.

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

And yet... 

It's an interesting landscape.

Yeah I’m not surprised a cable channel died.  Just from following the Q2 earnings calls of all the entertainment/tech/cable companies the number of people buying cable is dropping rapidly especially in the US.  

It’s quite possible in the near future that entities like TSN and Sportsnet don’t exist in the form where they have capital to invest in production.  They might just exist as versions or parts of streaming services as they lose carriage fees from increasing loss of cable subscribers.  What cable provided was lots of cash flow for channels regardless of viewership.  It’s drying up fast.  Streaming is the opposite…needs actual viewers/subscribers to specific content.

Seems to me teams and leagues are starting to realize they need to produce their own content and maybe package some of it out to streaming services if they don’t create their own.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Wow I didn't think his value was that low?    

So I'm out of the loop have the Jets filled out the AHL roster and signed the yearly plethora of 4th line players?

Not even that this year. It's a tank year, for sure. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Not even that this year. It's a tank year, for sure. 

It won't even be that. I could respect a full on tank season and come out with a superstar like Connor Bedard at the end of it.  But they won't make that call so it'll be another mediocre year in the mushy middle where we accomplish nothing.

51 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

It won't even be that. I could respect a full on tank season and come out with a superstar like Connor Bedard at the end of it.  But they won't make that call so it'll be another mediocre year in the mushy middle where we accomplish nothing.

So, typical Jets?