Random Jets News

4 minutes ago, bb1 said:

No way Geekie at 30, 14 maybe.

He's projected as a 3rd line center 

Wheeler rumors. Wouldn't shock me to see him moved today or tomorrow 

Dillon rumors also. I'd expect a 2nd atleast in return 

No way a 1st comes back but a 2nd maybe couple 3rds with 25 percent retention for Blake 

Maybe Montreal makes a Dubois trade today. Wouldn't that be neat 

1st overall for Dubois. Take Wright? French Canadian center. That's worth the 1st overall to them. Rumors are Montreal not 100 percent sure of who they taking 1st so maybe 

Edited by Goalie

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He's projected as a 3rd line center 

Wheeler rumors. Wouldn't shock me to see him moved today or tomorrow 

Dillon rumors also. I'd expect a 2nd atleast in return 

No way a 1st comes back but a 2nd maybe couple 3rds with 25 percent retention for Blake 

Maybe Montreal makes a Dubois trade today. Wouldn't that be neat 

1st overall for Dubois. Take Wright? French Canadian center. That's worth the 1st overall to them. Rumors are Montreal not 100 percent sure of who they taking 1st so maybe 

We will see, if we get Geekie and Mateychuk it would be a great draft imo...

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

Feels really early in the draft to get a Lowry replacement. 

Are their no skilled D projected at 14? 

Lots but rumors are every teams draft board is different after say top 5 

Lots of D tho. Couple 1 rds in nemec and jiricek then Chesley and a few others maybe 2 3 rds  

But a few top end lhds.. korchinski is compared to Shea Theodore. Mateychuck is like Morrissey but from Manitoba. Lian Bichsel is an interesting option. Seamus Casey. Ty Warren. There's a few. 

Not Lots of studs right but good solid players. There will be one at 14 for sure. Probably a few at 30 too. 

The Russian D is good too. But Russia right so maybe the Russians fall. Lots of good lhd and rhd prob at 14 30 and later 

That little American d is a stud but so tiny but I dunno how u pass that up with a 2nd rd pick. He could go first round tho. Lane Hutson.  Tiny. Seriously but elite 

Strong draft for Manitoba or Winnipeg based players 

Geekie Ingram Mateychuk Pickering to name a few 

Savoie not Manitoban but plays for the Ice. If he falls to 14... Chevy gonna sprint 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Geekie does not have stone hands like Lowry, he is projected anywhere from top 10 - 29.. who knows?

Not a great skater tho. So they say 

Jets value hockey iq and skill and character so.. figure that out and that's what we get at 14 or 30  

Real interesting guy is Ivan Miroshnichenko from Russia. If he falls to 30. Jesus  u can't pass him up regardless of health issues 

Hopefully, they can still bring Svech back. I think he deserves a contract. 

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Guess Svech not make an impact unless he was one of the troublemakers.

More likely that they will want to bring him back for less than the qualifying offer would be. Probably not a surprise for the player. 

7 hours ago, bb1 said:

Little surprised at Svetch cause he did alot more than Vesy who looks like a bust so far.Chevy drafts lately have not been good,hopefully this year is better.

well Vesa's not going to play here next season anyway , and now for the multi-million dollar question: can we afford Malkin?

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

well Vesa's not going to play here next season anyway , and now for the multi-million dollar question: can we afford Malkin?

Nope ,forgot about vesa going back. I guess we qualified him so he could not come back as an FA?

Svech put up 19 points playing half his minutes with pld and KFC

It's not that surprising. He also has arbitration rights so yeah.... prob get more than Jets willing to pay then they would walk away. This way if they want him back they can sign him. Doubt he's back tho 

21 hours ago, bb1 said:

Little surprised at Svetch cause he did alot more than Vesy who looks like a bust so far.Chevy drafts lately have not been good,hopefully this year is better.

19 points playing, some top six, mostly third line is completely under whelming, I’m hoping we address the bottom six because it is a problem. 

The team had some issues last season so it's not surprising at all to see them moving on from perhaps a few of those issues  

Still think Wheeler and Dillon are gone too. You can't bring back the same exact team from last year and expect different results. 

Edited by Goalie