Random Jets News

Speaking of PLD - Mike McIntyre of the Freep said on WST today that Chevy interviewed Torts for the coaching job 😮

When you factor in they didn’t bother to qualify Svetch who mostly played with PLD last year and this Torts story…any rumours concerning PLD just increased past grain of salt. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Speaking of PLD - Mike McIntyre of the Freep said on WST today that Chevy interviewed Torts for the coaching job 😮

When you factor in they didn’t bother to qualify Svetch who mostly played with PLD last year and this Torts story…any rumours concerning PLD just increased past grain of salt. 

Pld don't get to dictate where he plays or who his coach is. 

Starting to believe Dubois was part of the problem here 

14 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Johnny Gaudreau is testing the free agent market..... where's that Grinch GIF

He will get 10 plus easily. Not worth it tho. 

Philly nyi or NJ I'm guessing 

Jersey closer to home. Philly is home I believe but they suck. 

Isles were fine without Tavares. Buffalo got better without eichel. Blues were fine without Pietriangelo 

Calgary will be fine without Johnny in to his later 30s  

Edited by Goalie

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

Yeah. Random Twitter people. Montreal has nothing of interest really besides Suzuki 

Not a random Twitter person though. 

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

Pld don't get to dictate where he plays or who his coach is. 

Starting to believe Dubois was part of the problem here 

The problems predate PLD. The problem has been here for years and got worse when Buf stepped away. 

I think its overblown a bit and Maurice and prob Blake lost the room. Apparently Scheifele officiated comries wedding and Josh was a best man so there's 3 guys who get along. I think no fans covid Maurice Wheeler and not making the playoffs played a role. I see this as... Blake was indeed the defacto coach as in her ran the room, losing gud vets like buff and then little who likely were less intense and more like the Ying to Blake's yang started it, when Maurice stepped down or got fired, well, **** hit the fan. 

I put Dubois in there cuz seems like some friction between him and the guys who want to be here 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think its overblown a bit and Maurice and prob Blake lost the room. Apparently Scheifele officiated comries wedding and Josh was a best man so there's 3 guys who get along. I think no fans covid Maurice Wheeler and not making the playoffs played a role. I see this as... Blake was indeed the defacto coach as in her ran the room, losing gud vets like buff and then little who likely were less intense and more like the Ying to Blake's yang started it, when Maurice stepped down or got fired, well, **** hit the fan. 

I put Dubois in there cuz seems like some friction between him and the guys who want to be here 

There has been something wrong in Jets land for a long time.  Can also remember comments from Hayes and Eakin who said that Winnipeg's dressing room was the worst they'd ever been in.  Without being in the room, hard to say exactly what or who it is, but if this has carried over or gotten worse since Buff left, then why would PLD want to stay?

1 hour ago, Rich said:

There has been something wrong in Jets land for a long time.  Can also remember comments from Hayes and Eakin who said that Winnipeg's dressing room was the worst they'd ever been in.  Without being in the room, hard to say exactly what or who it is, but if this has carried over or gotten worse since Buff left, then why would PLD want to stay?

We aren't a big market is why he doesn't want to stay. Same thing with Columbus. He wants to play in Montreal preferably because French Canadian star in Montreal  = Rockstar 

I don't think him wanting to go to Montreal is a secret and hasn't Been for some time. 

Why would I want a guy who doesn't want to be here to stay? 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Can also remember comments from Hayes and Eakin who said that Winnipeg's dressing room was the worst they'd ever been in. 

Those comments were never proven and the person who made them never expanded on them. The video was also taken down shortly after. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Some level of incompetence here. 

My only answer is they loved his character but really did not believe he could take the next step as a goalie? I guess we find out.

Edited by bb1

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Some level of incompetence here. 

Comrie gets shutout...does not play the next game! WTF!

Somewhat surprised he not sign with EDM. Thought they would clean house with their goaltending.

As iHeart said, once BUF waives him, he'll be back.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Comrie gets shutout...does not play the next game! WTF!

Somewhat surprised he not sign with EDM. Thought they would clean house with their goaltending.

As iHeart said, once BUF waives him, he'll be back.

I would be surprised if they had the cap space to claim him in-year. 

21 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Substantial raise, too. Perhaps the organization think Berdin's ready to take the next step...?

From what little i saw in the playoffs he did not look good, idk Chevy  must  of realized what would happen does not make much sense.

Edited by bb1

20 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The article says there are many teams interested in Dubois. His agent also states he and his client have had discussions with Winnipeg. He doesn't have a contract yet (obviously). Montreal is a city where he'd like to play. His agent then goes on to say he can't say anything else at this time.

Probably best to take all of that with a grain of salt considering TVA Sports' bias for the Habs.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The article says there are many teams interested in Dubois. His agent also states he and his client have had discussions with Winnipeg. He doesn't have a contract yet (obviously). Montreal is a city where he'd like to play. His agent then goes on to say he can't say anything else at this time.

Probably best to take all of that with a grain of salt considering TVA Sports' bias for the Habs.

Oh, yes, it's a bit clickbait. He's not saying he wants to move to Montreal, just that he would like to play for them. Well, I bet almost all francophone NHLers would like to play in Montreal. 

The agent is working, doing his job.