Random Jets News

17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm not hardcore into the NHL these days.... can someone explain to me how we didn't get hosed by trading away Laine + Roslovic for Dubois?   Am I missing something?

The trade worked out to be Laine for Dubois and Roslovic for CBJ's 3rd round pick this year and we picked Danny Zhilkin.

So for now the Roslo part of the trade is uber bad as he has 34g 45a for 79pts in 129 games. Danny got some catching up to do :D

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The trade worked out to be Laine for Dubois and Roslovic for CBJ's 3rd round pick this year and we picked Danny Zhilkin.

So for now the Roslo part of the trade is uber bad as he has 34g 45a for 79pts in 129 games. Danny got some catching up to do :D

Roslo didn't want to play here anymore.  Neither did Laine.  Kind of tough to do a trade when you have non-performing assets that have to be moved versus having them performing.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

What a shitshow this Dubois situation has become. Wants what he wants didn't Chevy vette this guy before trading for this weirdo? Guy sounds like a child who wants what he wants. I guess he is going to sit out on us or his beloved Habs will make an offer,my hope it is over 8 million and we get 2 no 1 for us. These selfish millionaires are gonna kill small market teams...

5 minutes ago, bb1 said:

What a shitshow this Dubois situation has become. Wants what he wants didn't Chevy vette this guy before trading for this weirdo? Guy sounds like a child who wants what he wants. I guess he is going to sit out on us or his beloved Habs will make an offer,my hope it is over 8 million and we get 2 no 1 for us. These selfish millionaires are gonna kill small market teams...

It would have to be a crazy high number for the Jets not to match.  And he won't want it to be a long term contract to get locked into Winnipeg that long if the Jets do match.   The Jets will be under cap pressure with the other signings they have to make, but the Canadians don't have a lot of cap space either.

14 minutes ago, bb1 said:

You don't think they talked to his dad, a coach with the Moose, prior to the trade?  PLD talked to his dad a lot prior to coming here to find out about the city & organization and he was excited to come here.  So if the city and organization aren't the problem, maybe the locker room is a bad as speculation would have it?

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

You don't think they talked to his dad, a coach with the Moose, prior to the trade?  PLD talked to his dad a lot prior to coming here to find out about the city & organization and he was excited to come here.  So if the city and organization aren't the problem, maybe the locker room is a bad as speculation would have it?

Maybe but all that is coming out is it's the Habs or bust. Why this is only coming out now? Guy had definite issues in Columbus and now this? Guy travels to Montreal draft? There is some issues with this  guy and we are going to get screwed. It's almost like Dubois has this creepy man crush for the Habs.......

Edited by bb1

20 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Maybe but all that is coming out is it's the Habs or bust. Why this is only coming out now? Guy had definite issues in Columbus and now this? Guy travels to Montreal draft? There is some issues with this  guy and we are going to get screwed. It's almost like Dubois has this creepy man crush for the Habs.......

We don't know how long the talk has been going on behind the scenes.  There was obviously discussions going on beforehand if PLD went to the draft, expecting a deal to be done.  

I agree bailing on two consecutive teams is not a good look on him though.

We better get something for Dubois or the Columbus trade looks like a hosing of great proportions ....Anything less than Suzuki and a high pick would be viewed as a total fail by our management...What the hell is going on in our dressing room, that's not being outed, IF that's the issue with PLD

Maybe it’s city more than dressing room. Of all the cities to spend a winter in while playing, where do you think Winnipeg ranks?  Dead last across the board every year. And the only way to rectify that is overpaying. And with a hard cap, for every overpay you have to sacrifice salary elsewhere. Maybe drafting fewer Americans and more Canadians could help keep some locals here. Maybe not. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

On 2022-07-18 at 11:05 PM, White Out said:

I feel like we're spinning our tires. If our market is this undesirable, and we have  no chance to even draft and develop a team, perhaps this was all a mistake.

How did we go from being one of the best teams - to being a place where players don't want to play?  

25 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

How did we go from being one of the best teams - to being a place where players don't want to play?  

I don't know that those two things are necessarily related. Being a top team for a season or two never really factored into the market being a more desirable place for players. Winnipeg consistently ranks amongst the least desirable locations for players, be it PA polling or trade lists.