Random Jets News

On 2022-08-23 at 4:31 PM, JCon said:

Not even that this year. It's a tank year, for sure. 

Hope not.

Because if it's done purposely then tickets should be half price. We're not there to pay NHL prices to see AHL talent.

I know I know there's logic to it, solid arguments in teams tanking to get a solid rebuild, 2 3 years down the road be a contender but if done on purpose values go out the door for me.

Unless they inherited someone else's mess coming in and need to retool right away, to me a GM is crappy at their job if they find themselves in this predicament. Yes I'm not a NHL GM and and I don't understand the reality of this business.

I guess this is where the business world and the win now entertainment worlds collide. 

56 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Hope not.

Because if it's done purposely then tickets should be half price. We're not there to pay NHL prices to see AHL talent.

I know I know there's logic to it, solid arguments in teams tanking to get a solid rebuild, 2 3 years down the road be a contender but if done on purpose values go out the door for me.

Unless they inherited someone else's mess coming in and need to retool right away, to me a GM is crappy at their job if they find themselves in this predicament. Yes I'm not a NHL GM and and I don't understand the reality of this business.

I guess this is where the business world and the win now entertainment worlds collide. 

I don't think they're doing it on purpose, they just don't have a plan or any clue how to turn it around. Chevy and armchair GM Chipman are out of their depth. 

They'll gladly take your money though. 

I'd be disappointed if we didn't move out Dillon or even Stanley for some forward depth but I don't think you see Any big trades yet, maybe Wheeler? I'm not even sure there anymore. The cap is just to hard to move.. still see Florida tho there eventually but maybe not to start the year for 26. 

But yeah move an excess D for a winger to play with Lowry or a top 6 guy and bump 26 to Lowrys wing. Something Anything cuz this is insanity coming back with the same exact team minus copp Stastny and add perfetti Barron Gus. 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I don't think they're doing it on purpose, they just don't have a plan or any clue how to turn it around. Chevy and armchair GM Chipman are out of their depth. 

They'll gladly take your money though. 

If they have the small results as last year to start the year they will see a lot of empty seats, which hopefully will be a motivator to not sit on their hands in the following off season. I'm not expecting anything from them this year I also thought the Chevy had more than enough time at the helm and should of been fired not given an extension.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I'd be disappointed if we didn't move out Dillon or even Stanley for some forward depth but I don't think you see Any big trades yet, maybe Wheeler? I'm not even sure there anymore. The cap is just to hard to move.. still see Florida tho there eventually but maybe not to start the year for 26. 

But yeah move an excess D for a winger to play with Lowry or a top 6 guy and bump 26 to Lowrys wing. Something Anything cuz this is insanity coming back with the same exact team minus copp Stastny and add perfetti Barron Gus. 

But if you put Wheels with Lowry that 8.5m contract will look really bad. Least with 55 he's getting 70+