Random Jets News

Wheels asked for a trade after Maurice quit. It's a fact. He was number 2 on Frank Seravellis trade list. 

My guess he'd be gone already If the Jets were willing to retain and teams had cap. 

The end is near for Wheeler here.  Some ppl have said his kids aren't even here with him at the moment and neither is Sam. It wouldn't shock me to see him gone sooner rather than later. He's spent 11 years here, both him and the team knows moving him would be mutually beneficial 

As for Lowry, WTF do points have to do with leadership abilities? 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The team looking to move him (which they acknowledged last season) and him asking for a trade are very different things.  Even submitting a list of teams (which he was required to do as of July 1 when his full no-move lapsed) is different than asking outright for a trade. You said he asked for a trade, and wondered how I possibly could have missed it during the off-season. Now you admit you have no quote of source but are “deducing” it. Again, the team looking to move him and him asking are very different things. Please don’t lump him in the Evander Kane/Jacob Trouba/ Patrick Laine disgruntled group. 

Adorable 

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well Wheeler/Bones on at 1200 so we will know whats up.

No we won't lol. They will say the usual hockey cliches. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Bullshit. Ladd was captain here when the team came from Atlanta but yes I suppose the circumstances are similar aka Wheeler couldn't be moved cuz cap hit 

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, MrFreakzilla said:

He was forced to hire a new head coach since he only had an interm one. Usually new head coach means new assistants.

He hasn't made any significant roster moves, is that better and more clear?

Teams don't have cap. Jets don't make trades for the sake of making trades. They make trades that they get what they want in return.  Move a guy sure, sounds like they tried moving one if not more but either teams were low balling them or asking them to retain. If no move is available what can you do. I'd love to see them move out Wheeler or Dillon but it takes 2. 

Stanley for Puljujarvi? But dude sucked playing with mcd and drai so why? Just because? 

Wheeler? I'm sure they tried but why would anyone want that contract. Florida with Maurice has no cap. 

Edited by Goalie

50 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

This is all smoke and mirrors.  The current leadership sucked and new leadership is needed.   This is a wake up call to the team.

I don't know if I would use the word sucked but I think your statement here is closer to the truth of why the change was made.

Maybe the first third of the season is an audition to determine a permanent C and A's.

Blake's good attributes (intelligent, well spoken, articulate) and bad ones (passive aggressive, thick headed and maybe some attitude) were all on display in my opinion.  Honestly,  I met him and he's a good dude and seems like a fun person to chill with off the ice and away from the room but perhaps on the ice its a bit different and so it should be probably but after is it hoe many  years as Captain? The message gets old. Maurice named him C. How many years later, a new coach Is in town and it's time for the younger guys to step up. 

Fun stuff... who are your 4 A's this year? 

Lowry 

Morrissey 

Connor 

Ehlers 

They are committed to the team and its obvious.  

Is Mark? Maybe Pierre-Luc is or isn't? And Wheeler? Trust me they tried trading him first   

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I hope his actions speak louder than his words do. 

He’s walked the walk pretty well in the last decade. 9th most total points over that time in the whole NHL, 21st overall in points per game, number one on the Jets in those categories and points per 60 minutes (yes, ahead of Ehlers from where I looked it up). People can chafe at his personality, but he has produced. 

13 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I don't know if I would use the word sucked but I think your statement here is closer to the truth of why the change was made.

Maybe the first third of the season is an audition to determine a permanent C and A's.

I really want to believe that's what they are going for.

Edited by iHeart

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

He’s walked the walk pretty well in the last decade. 9th most total points over that time in the whole NHL, 21st overall in points per game, number one on the Jets in those categories and points per 60 minutes (yes, ahead of Ehlers from where I looked it up). People can chafe at his personality, but he has produced. 

I don't disagree but I don't think he wants to be here anymore. It's also... 

He just didn't want the burden anymore. He was Paul's boy.. he let Paul down.  Maurice quitting or whatever that was, that hurt Blake. Blake ran the room.  Paul let him. Paul likely started losing room so Blake did also cuz that's Paul's boy in the room.  

This was Blake Wheelers Jets... 

I guess in non hurt by an ex lovers way tho, he lost the room and rumored to have asked for a trade. 

He produces cuz he's good on the Powerplay, ideally he's 3rd line and 1 pp type guy. Instead of well over 20 mind a game sometimes way more cuz he's 36 now. 

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Wheeler may or may not of asked to be moved in the off season, Scheifele may be pouty or maybe he isn't, PLD may want to be a Canadian or maybe it a negotiation ploy. All three do not deserve a letter going forward

Hard to disagree. All three have indicated they want out or they've discussed the situation with their agent. All three could be traded in-year. 

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

Hard to disagree. All three have indicated they want out or they've discussed the situation with their agent. All three could be traded in-year. 

That would drastically change the look of the team, the first couple of months should give us a good idea if the coaching change has done anything and if the said players have bought in.