Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

You can thank Myron Baloney for that. He ordered CBC to divest itself of all professional and especially popular sports telecasting so as to not compete with private broadcasters.

Who is Myron Baloney?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFL_on_CBC

CBC was broadcasting CFL up until 2007. I really liked Khari Jones as a color guy when he worked with old Steve.

On 2019-09-06 at 3:35 PM, Ripper said:

You guys are funny, Whipped?  Maybe, but I doubt it and I know you do too.  I am a stats guy, obviously you are the not worst statistically, so I knew that before I posted. Was just replying to a post.  But here is a stat, you have given up 1000 more yards in the air than us and we like to throw the ball.  If Fajardo goes over 300 again, we will win, simple as that. It will be a good game, looking forward to it

Whipped, with a capital W and there was never any doubt in my mind. Your team is soft and got physically beat down. 

7 hours ago, pigseye said:

Whipped, with a capital W and there was never any doubt in my mind. Your team is soft and got physically beat down. 

Good thing I said maybe.  Sure didn't see that coming. Is what it is. Congrats on the win, nice to go into a bye week on a positive note.  For us, need a win in Montreal I guess

7 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

It's a good thing Fajardo didnt get 104 more yards or they would have won! Whew..

Do you need it explained to you?  If a team that likes to pass a lot gets to pass, they will be successful.  See what I mean?  Or a team that run a lot, like you, doesn't get to run, they won't.  I should have maybe said if you guys don't rush for a certain amount you will lose. You probably wouldn't have understood that either.  NVM.  

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Good thing I said maybe.  Sure didn't see that coming. Is what it is. Congrats on the win, nice to go into a bye week on a positive note.  For us, need a win in Montreal I guess

This is not your father's Alouettes any longer. The Als may still be a bit short on talent, but Khari has them believing they can win again. I would pick them to beat the Riders.

39 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Do you need it explained to you?  If a team that likes to pass a lot gets to pass, they will be successful.  See what I mean?  Or a team that run a lot, like you, doesn't get to run, they won't.  I should have maybe said if you guys don't rush for a certain amount you will lose. You probably wouldn't have understood that either.  NVM.  

You couldn't run or pass. Your team got its ass kicked.

45 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Lol. No explanation needed. You said if he passed for 300 you win. Even if he threw for 400 you guys still wouldnt have won that game. 

55 minutes ago, Ripper said:

well we tried to explain to you that your team was overrated and Labour day was lucky for them, but no you didn't believe that an ass kicking was coming. Go lick your wounds and stop pretending you know anything. 

4 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yeah, the Riders were fortunate that Adams was out with a concussion when they played a few weeks back.

and that they only had to play 3 quarters. 

Riders have had the most fortunate schedule going. They got Hamilton the first game Evans had to start for them and Banks was out for that game too. 

and they get the great fortune of having BC on the schedule 3 times this year, and not playing Edmonton until the end of the season. Total cupcake schedule for them. 

56 minutes ago, Tracker said:

This is not your father's Alouettes any longer. The Als may still be a bit short on talent, but Khari has them believing they can win again. I would pick them to beat the Riders.

To be honest- I am a little worried about the Als, they look to be much improved and will be making lots of noise down the stretch. 

I would place the teams:

- Winnipeg

-Calgary

-Edmonton

-Hamilton

-Montreal

-riders

-Argos

-ALLCAPS

-Lions

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

To be honest- I am a little worried about the Als, they look to be much improved and will be making lots of noise down the stretch. 

I would place the teams:

- Winnipeg

-Calgary

-Edmonton

-Hamilton

-Montreal

-riders

-Argos

-ALLCAPS

-Lions

Edmonton is a distant 6th and really lucky they had an easy schedule to start (like getting the Als week 1 with the chaos and Pipkin) because the way the Argos are trending they’ll be better than them soon too.  Edmonton is terrible...not even competitive against any good teams.

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

I had to listen to the game on the radio...... would you say the refs called a fair game ?