Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You guys are funny, Whipped?  Maybe, but I doubt it and I know you do too.  I am a stats guy, obviously you are the not worst statistically, so I knew that before I posted. Was just replying to a post.  But here is a stat, you have given up 1000 more yards in the air than us and we like to throw the ball.  If Fajardo goes over 300 again, we will win, simple as that. It will be a good game, looking forward to it

which means exactly jack squat....look at all the yards Edm puts up through the air...and how many TD's...Fartado put up 300 yards last game...2 picks...wasn't reason you "won" and won't be again...now your just flailing away at whatever...and as a stats guy, and analytics you should look at the stats as a whole..and the end results...wins...points per game..TD's allowed..passing percentage...avg gain per pass...etc..etc...before you make a dumb statement...not just cherry pick 1 stat as the basis for your analysis

I'm a stats guy too..also a combine guy and a measurable and training guy getting athletes ready for draft/combines...if we used one metric or picked out the one stat..good or bad to evaluate something..there would be a lot of lousy players kicking around.

Just like a previous O-Line discussion re: sacks and how Rider's fanatics think their line was soooo good cause they were close to the top in regards to sacks given up...which actually doesn't tell the true story...avg depth of play...time of possession in QB hand from snap to release..defensive front faced...among many others...these are the things we put together to grade and assess an O-line and O-line play...and generally accepted weaker lines revert to the short depth of play, and minimal QB handling of ball...or in a nutshell...a Sask offence the last 2-3 years

31 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You guys are funny, Whipped?  Maybe, but I doubt it and I know you do too.  I am a stats guy, obviously you are the not worst statistically, so I knew that before I posted. Was just replying to a post.  But here is a stat, you have given up 1000 more yards in the air than us and we like to throw the ball.  If Fajardo goes over 300 again, we will win, simple as that. It will be a good game, looking forward to it

I'm sure Trevor Harris feels the same.

30 minutes ago, Ripper said:

He will get buried here

RIP

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Its interesting to note that the Riders allowed 5 sacks in both games where they played a stronger defense (Winnipeg and Calgary). As for Fajardo, I just don't see him being an upper tier QB. I mean Jonathan Jennings and Casey Printers had much more spectacular breakout years and look at what happened to them.

Also in the 5 games versus Wpg..CGY...HAM and MTL has thrown for 1 TD against 4 INT's....68 yards one game...89 yards another game..166 in another...sure got 300 vs us..but who doesn't...and I heard we are worst secondary in the league anyway lol...play a team other than T.O..B.C..or OTT and the numbers are basically what he is...career back-up....I sure hope they extend him and hitch their tractors to him for starter cash

Just now, Booch said:

Also in the 5 games versus Wpg..CGY...HAM and MTL has thrown for 1 TD against 4 INT's....68 yards one game...89 yards another game..166 in another...sure got 300 vs us..but who doesn't...and I heard we are worst secondary in the league anyway lol...play a team other than T.O..B.C..or OTT and the numbers are basically what he is...career back-up....I sure hope they extend him and hitch their tractors to him for starter cash

Again, Rider fans seems shocked when I said I was happy that they liked him and hoped that he stayed in Regina until the manure gets dumped on his lawn. 

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

It was also during the LDC, where the league allows the Riders to cheat so they can appease their "fans". 

"without the Riders and their fans, the league would fold" -- thing people in Sask legitimately believe...

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

As much as I like this, was hoping there'd be room for another network to make a run at it. TSN has been....decent...but things could be a lot better too.

Like who though, Sportsnet??  Rogers hates the CFL, one of the many reasons I ****-canned them as my cell-phone provider.  TSN is our only real option.  Welcome to Canada.