Lions @ Riders

USABomberfan

We had the most takeaways in the CFL on defense two years ago. But we were dead last in most categories. We gave up the most yards in the air & on the ground & our points against was one of the worst if not the worst. Takeaways have nothing to do with a sound defense.  Having said that, the Riders have a very good defense & an equally bad offense. Zach Collaros has thrown 9 tds all year. That's it just 9. Or perhaps 10 but that is it. 

2 hours ago, 3rd & 1 said:

First off no Head Coach publicly announce lies about the health of a player (1) If you haven’t noticed no one is playing around with Head Injuries. Also name one fricken public announcement from any CFL head coach this year that was a lie! (2) ... tick tock, tick tock buzzzz! times up ... the answer is not one of them  

(1) You are so out of touch with reality if you think every football player on every CFL team is 100% healthy right now and that no players are playing through pain.

(2) As for a CFL head coach who made a public announcement that was a lie - How about Chris Jones announcing Hughes would play against Calgary on October 20, 2018....
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/riders-charleston-hughes-to-play-saturday-despite-recent-dui-arrest-1.4869460

... then completely doing an about face after the public backlash he received for the decision:
https://www.620ckrm.com/2018/10/19/chris-jones-addresses-reversal-of-charleston-hughes-decision/

Seriously, do you even follow your own team?

12 hours ago, J5V said:

Did anyone notice the play where Willis gets hit in the head with the ball? When I watched this, and I admit I am looking for it, how is this not a holding penalty? I mean, my gawd, if I'm an official I am tossing a flag for this all game long. But this is allowed for some reason for the Riders. I just don't understand why Sask is allowed to do this repeatedly with impunity. I don't think they got called for it even once. Is it because their offence is so bad that they get a lot of slack or what? Somehow help me out here. Holding or not?

Sask-Holding.gif

I've watched nearly every game this year and the Saskatchewan O-line gets away with more holding than any other team by a long shot.

3 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I've watched nearly every game this year and the Saskatchewan O-line gets away with more holding than any other team by a long shot.

Okay, good. It's not just me then. 

Watching that game yesterday reminded me of when we played the Grey Cup against BC. We had a great defense, Swaggerville, but BC was allowed to hold all day long and we never got close to Lulay and he picked us apart. 

17 hours ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Not the worse, or even remotely close to second worst with Collaros as QB (we're 5th in points for, so hardly near the top, however), even with our stinker against you guys. With Bridge/Watford, you might have a point, however.

10 if those TDs have been by defence..and several more on kicks...as sh offence u scored 25 all YEAR...that's beyond bad my friend..horseshoes and luck got you st last 4 extra wins..not your high powered offence..

17 hours ago, TheBandit said:

Does your defense have 11 TDS? 

We gave up less points...lead or are in second for most key defensive stats..and have produced most points off turn overs even though you scored 11 defensive TDs.. so based on the season as a whole...and vital stats yes our defense is better.. deal with it 

31 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Does your offence?

Touche.

To remind the Ride-**** fans.

Winnipeg   -- F- 526   A - 386

Ridetards -- F - 450   A - 444

Let's take those 66 points from TD's out of that F column ... so your offence has scored less than 400 points...

The only teams you've scored *more* points than would be Toronto and Montreal. What does that tell you about your offense?

56 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

Touche.

Let's take those 66 points from TD's out of that F column ... so your offence has scored less than 400 points...

The only teams you've scored *more* points than would be Toronto and Montreal. What does that tell you about your offense?

It tells me they’re a second place team who potentially can clinch 1st? I could really give two sh*ts about the other stats. At the end of the day the ONLY thing that matters is W’S.

6 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Ok that’s just silly.  Every team’s Oline holds all the time, including ours.    Saying they get away with it more than us is nothing but sour grapes.   

1 hour ago, jazzsax said:

Touche.

Irrelevent point.   Stats like that are meaningless in a one game situation, fact is they beat us twice & we beat them when they only had 4 days rest before playing us at noon on a Saturday after playing on Thanksgiving Monday.  Remember we had more than a full week of rest before that game & we were still fighting for our playoff lives, I believe the Riders had already clinched.    Luckily for us we’ve had a very good schedule this season where we only had one short week.  

Edited by Saints4Life

17 minutes ago, Saints4Life said:

Irrelevent point.   Stats like that are meaningless in a one game situation, fact is they beat us twice & we beat them when they only had 4 days rest before playing us at noon on a Saturday after playing on Thanksgiving Monday.  Remember we had more than a full week of rest before that game & we were still fighting for our playoff lives, I believe the Riders had already clinched.    Luckily for us we’ve had a very good schedule this season where we only had one short week.  

I smell an alt account here...

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

They got credit for 2 wins, but Bomber fans would not say they beat us twice..

If that’s what some are saying they would be wrong.  

Truth be told the Riders have a very good chance of finishing 1st overall with a 7-3 record vs the west.   Thankfully I don’t think OShea & company are taking them as lightly as our fan base.