Lions @ Riders

USABomberfan

Honestly playoffs will be a new season.

1) Semi Final - November 10th. If we go into Mosaic, it will likely be cold. If we go into Ottawa or Hamilton, same possibility. BC is the only place whether won't factor at all

2) Division Final - November 17th - Cold no matter where it is. 

3) Grey Cup - November 24th - freezing cold Edmonton igloo. (Remember 1984 anyone?)

Much like last night, those games are going to be about who makes the most turnovers, and big plays.

Offense wins games. Defense wins championships.

No stupid mistakes, with the threats we have, we have a good shot. Just hopefully the next goose egg we lay is either next week in Edmonton, or next summer in the pre season... :)

13 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Thank God- I just threw up in my mouth a little, thinking I might have to cheer for the criders.

If the Lions win the next two Games, don't they host the WSF? That is what I am cheering for. 

Wait wait wait... if BC hosts the WSF, who would they host?

Edited by Eternal optimist

33 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think the riders. And then we would cross over.

Thankfully, just because of the way the math works out, there is no way for us and BC to face each other in the playoffs (the exception being in the Grey Cup). Which is good... BC looks like the hottest team right now at 6-1, and have been absolute dynamite at home (7-1) this year. Could make some noise.

1 hour ago, jazzsax said:

Honestly playoffs will be a new season.

1) Semi Final - November 10th. If we go into Mosaic, it will likely be cold. If we go into Ottawa or Hamilton, same possibility. BC is the only place whether won't factor at all

2) Division Final - November 17th - Cold no matter where it is. 

3) Grey Cup - November 24th - freezing cold Edmonton igloo. (Remember 1984 anyone?)

Much like last night, those games are going to be about who makes the most turnovers, and big plays.

Offense wins games. Defense wins championships.

No stupid mistakes, with the threats we have, we have a good shot. Just hopefully the next goose egg we lay is either next week in Edmonton, or next summer in the pre season... :)

Personally I ain't giving no damn about no cold weather.  We got a team built just fine for it with our run game.

2 hours ago, jazzsax said:

It's not possible for us to face BC in the playoffs (best we can do is 3rd, and if we finish 3rd, BC has to finish 4th, if we finish 4th we crossover to the East), so weather will definitely be a factor... at least from the Bombers perspective.

Coukd care less where we play...we gotta win 2 on the road regardless..so it doesnt matter..if we go east chances are we are playing in nice weather so game will be decided on play as opposed to possible conditions.. and we have looked the best down the stretch by far.

On another note..my statement saying that if Nichols gets back to form we would finish out 5-2 and easily could be 6-1 came to reality..and really if we didnt crap the bed in LDC and Banjo bowl could be 7-1 in our last 8..thus the reason I have good feelings about the playoffs..I bet no team wants to face us right now..and I see no team that I dont want us to face to be honest 

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Meantime ... Not that anyone cares but Hamilton is getting whooped.  For all the knocks Nichols has gotten, it appears Masoli is a fake QB.  Those 300 yard plus passing games appear to have been the product of Brandon Banks catching it short and getting yardage after.

Masoli has not looked good, but he is not alone on the TiCat team in that. I would not discount him on the basis of two games- look how poor Nichols looked in the losing skid the team went through. Harris, on the other hand, is pretty streaky so its a tossup as to who the Bombers would be better off playing in the semi-final.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

Meantime ... Not that anyone cares but Hamilton is getting whooped.  For all the knocks Nichols has gotten, it appears Masoli is a fake QB.  Those 300 yard plus passing games appear to have been the product of Brandon Banks catching it short and getting yardage after.

So who can the Bombers sign that would play like banks and help Nichols to get more than one 300 yard game a season ?

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Im pretty sure Masoli is a fake QB evidenced by not having speedy out there to take up Thorpe's attention.

Put any QB out with a bunch of receivers who he is not familiar with, missing his number one target that completely changes game plans and put them in driving rain, high winds, etc and claim he is a fake QB after a bad game..... Yeah that is real logical.

59 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

So who can the Bombers sign that would play like banks and help Nichols to get more than one 300 yard game a season ?

Well, hopefully someone with Lankfords speed but a better route runner and not a butterfinger.  Too bad we missed out on bringing Chris Matthews back here.

22 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

Put any QB out with a bunch of receivers who he is not familiar with, missing his number one target that completely changes game plans and put them in driving rain, high winds, etc and claim he is a fake QB after a bad game..... Yeah that is real logical.

Exactly, without Banks to get all those YAC, he's defective.  He's a fake QB with inflated yards and few TDs to show for.