Game Day Thread - Bombers @ Argos

BigBlue

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Bit of both?  The few times he got his hands on the ball he lost yards.  Bad play calling plus Winnipeg defenders ready for him all game long.

Ya I agree, D was great. Can't believe how little Trestman uses the run though, especially when he's got two import backs dressed and a kinda thin receiving corps.  Bombers never really had a lead so crazy for the amount of time left that they had to abandon the run completely, although the Bombers played it well the 4 times they ran before garbage time.

2 hours ago, White Out said:

Hopefully second half goes well and the usual suspects can stfu about Nichols for at least a couple of weeks 

I don’t get it. Yesterday, the Bombers are the worst team in the West. Today, Nichols’ critics better shut up. I guess Nichols is what’s keeping this team afloat to you. 

Look, today Nichols was fine. It could even be argued he was good. But the Argos defence is pitiful and he was awful the previous two weeks. Let’s see if can avoid a two bad game, one good game pace. 

Very quietly, this Bomber defense has improved a lot. Game plan compared to that Hamilton game has shifted now too. We are putting so much more emphasis on 4-man rushes, sinking our secondary into coverage and letting them play. Bighill and JSK are still really active against both the run and pass. And then when we do blitz it has a much bigger impact. I love it. Richie Hall deserves some love for that. Hope we can keep it going.

Offense was pretty darn good again today too. It sure seemed like they wanted to avoid the mistake of underutilizing Harris. Good outing for most. 

Three turnovers leading to so many quick points was unfortunate. Hilarious in my opinion to blame coaching when those guys are very reliable and still had good games too (Fogg, Harris, Demski).

Winning back to backs is really difficult, but this game gave me quite a lot of hope.

3 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I don’t get it. Yesterday, the Bombers are the worst team in the West. Today, Nichols’ critics better shut up. I guess Nichols is what’s keeping this team afloat to you. 

Look, today Nichols was fine. It could even be argued he was good. But the Argos defence is pitiful and he was awful the previous two weeks. Let’s see if can avoid a two bad game, one good game pace. 

The Bombers were in real peril of being the worst team in the West. As it turns out BC blew the game and we dominated Toronto. The comment was about the standings and nothing more. 

I think Nichols is the 2nd or 3rd best qb in the league and I get highly annoyed when I see people trying to chase him out of town. We've wandered the desert long enough without a real qb. 

I'm so mad at TSN... PVR recorded MLS soccer for the first half....  does anyone have a link or source where I can watch the first half??

What I saw in the 2nd half was a terrible Franklin,  great pressure up front by our d-line and apparently Bowman isn't playing anymore for us???

I don't understand why people are mad at coaches for players fumbling that's all on the player??

My only gripe is why wasn't LaFrance and Streveler in the game for the last 2 drives?

10 minutes ago, White Out said:

The Bombers were in real peril of being the worst team in the West. As it turns out BC blew the game and we dominated Toronto. The comment was about the standings and nothing more. 

I think Nichols is the 2nd or 3rd best qb in the league and I get highly annoyed when I see people trying to chase him out of town. We've wandered the desert long enough without a real qb. 

Has anyone actually tried to chase Nichols out of town? He has been criticized the last couple games (rightly so). 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I'm so mad at TSN... PVR recorded MLS soccer for the first half....  does anyone have a link or source where I can watch the first half??

What I saw in the 2nd half was a terrible Franklin,  great pressure up front by our d-line and apparently Bowman isn't playing anymore for us???

I don't understand why people are mad at coaches for players fumbling that's all on the player??

My only gripe is why wasn't LaFrance and Streveler in the game for the last 2 drives?

LaFrance wasn't dressed.  But yeah, Augustine and Streves should have been in there, don't understand it.

And yeah TSN screwed me too!  Jerks!  Why show that soccer garbage on TSN1??

Is it too early to call Franklin a bust?

Think this was his third game. 

For a guy that's been in the league for three years or so, he doesn't look very good.

And he seems to be afraid to get hit. about to get hit by Poop, I think, and he just chucked it and dove.

Streveler in year one of his career. And he's already better than franklin.

Edited by Mark F

Franklin was under fire...  however late in the game he had some time and a guy deep and he tossed it 10 yards out in the stands...   his last INT was also a terrible throw into double coverage and way way short of his target.   

I'd be concerned as an Argos fan...

1 minute ago, White Out said:

He’s not better than Mitchell by any stretch and him being the third best QB in the league is more an indictment on the state of QBing in the CFL because Harris isn’t good either. 

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Wilder is a long ways a way from getting a shot in the NFL, to slow to hit the hole and not nimble enough to elude anyone, he won't be running anyone over in that league, he should concentrate on trying to keep a career in the CFL.

last year he was playing to impress NFL scouts, now he just looks butt-hurt that he is stuck in Canada.

35 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Is it too early to call Franklin a bust?

Think this was his third game. 

For a guy that's been in the league for three years or so, he doesn't look very good.

And he seems to be afraid to get hit. about to get hit by Poop, I think, and he just chucked it and dove.

Streveler in year one of his career. And he's already better than franklin.

To be fair- Streveler is not your normal rookie back up QB. 

But yeah, Franklin looks 

Less this:

giphy.gif

more this:

giphy.gif